Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
L
L
Hope you managed to pack away your precious things without too much heartache hun! I remember going to get S's birth cert out whilst H was awal and finding my wedding photos and marriage cert.. Honestly I thought it would leave me in tears but I just felt the waste and totally cold..

Wish I was near enough to come to the house warming, definitely feel the need to party x

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
R
OP Offline
R
Hello Rabbit (((hugs)))

I did ok with all that... I am going to leave things in boxes for now and deal with it later.

I am focused on the move and the positives right now. Time to start a new chapter for me.

All the pain and trauma of the past year and a half has prompted much change, and a lot of personal growth. And I am now making great changes for me and the kids.

However... lest any of my good friends think I am not dealing with stuff... don't worry.... I still am. I still am seeing my IC and processing my grief and loss... the anger and betrayal. I still have a good cry every so often, although not nearly like before. I still have waves of anger the pop up but they pass a lot more quickly now.

So, overall doing well. And excited to be in my new place. smile

K
K
Oh, we can have a housewarming right here! I am going to bring some gifts which I will make from my handy dandy super Martha Stewart craft book! Just let me know your colour scheme, sweetie!

Actually, I just love decorating and while I don't usually MAKE handcrafted stuff I do watch a lot of shows where it is made and I always admire it ever so much!!! (Just like how I used to "watch" workout videos).

I am so happy for you, RW. I will be right over as soon as you send my handmade invitation with your personal RW seal on the envelope.

Can't keep a good woman down
A
A
Hey Rocked, thanks for checking in on my posts.

I have been following your posts along.

I put all our albums in a bin, and stuck it in the garage. I think I labeled it "open upon my death"

It's there, should I ever want to look at it. If 20 years go by and I haven't opened it, I will just chuck it. Yeah, there's pictures in there of friends and the house and what not--but you know, it's just stuff to drag around.

I have pictures of my friends and all in my head. Probably not worth the heartache to keep the physical photo albums around and trip over them every so often.

It's different with kids, I'm sure. They want pix of their dad.

I look forward, as always, to hearing about your new home and new life.

Keep up the good work, keep posting.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: kara
Oh, we can have a housewarming right here! I am going to bring some gifts which I will make from my handy dandy super Martha Stewart craft book! Just let me know your colour scheme, sweetie!

Actually, I just love decorating and while I don't usually MAKE handcrafted stuff I do watch a lot of shows where it is made and I always admire it ever so much!!! (Just like how I used to "watch" workout videos).

I am so happy for you, RW. I will be right over as soon as you send my handmade invitation with your personal RW seal on the envelope.

KARA you are awesome! grin

That invitation is already in the mail! I spent all day making the ink from plants and herbs in my garden and scalloping the edges with pinking shears! laugh wink

My colour scheme is browns, reds and sage green... so I will be expecting those crafts lickity split!

BUT.... I LOVE the idea of having a housewarming right here! Hmmm.... I will look at my schedule and pick a date and time and anyone who wants to hang out with me here... I'll be posting all about my place and my life. grin

ooohhhhh maybe I should have a "virtual" housewarming party in the alt! Kara... that means you have to be there.... that means you need to sign up for FB! (aha! I may have finally found a way to get you there!) grin

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: avermont
Hey Rocked, thanks for checking in on my posts.

I have been following your posts along.

I put all our albums in a bin, and stuck it in the garage. I think I labeled it "open upon my death"

Hey... now there's an idea! LOL

But, you are right... it IS different with kids. I am going to have to sort through things for them. When I am ready. Which is not now. And that's OK with me.

I am glad you are getting stronger and moving forward my friend.

P
P
I can bake treats for the housewarming! I'll dig through my Martha Stewart cupcake book for something appropriate.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be back on November 3. So if you can't wait for me to get back, have fun and we'll have a cocktail party later! laugh

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: pearlharbr
I can bake treats for the housewarming! I'll dig through my Martha Stewart cupcake book for something appropriate.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be back on November 3. So if you can't wait for me to get back, have fun and we'll have a cocktail party later! laugh

OOOHHH just call us the Domestic Divas grin

Of course we will wait for you Pearl! It just wouldn't be a party without you! You can regale us with stories of your travels and shopping when you get back. smile

I
I
Sounds like a girl's-only party so far...someone's got to monitor the wildness though. I'm always ready to donate my time to a good cause smile

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: ImprovedRomeo
Sounds like a girl's-only party so far...someone's got to monitor the wildness though. I'm always ready to donate my time to a good cause smile

Awww how very generous of you! grin

Girls only? That's no fun. The more the merrier!

But... the catch is you gotta contribute something.... so, what ya got?

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard