Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
J
JCJ Offline
J
Eww, yup no explanations necessary. De-friend!

(((BobbiJo)))

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
T
T
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
So in other words, the mission field is probably a good idea? wink

LOL. The important thing is that you live a good life smile The rest will come along. If you make finding somebody else the focus of all of your energy, it's exhausting and every bit as frustrating as a bad marriage grin

Even dating... just try to enjoy yourself and don't focus on the outcome. If somebody very interesting comes along, that's another ball of wax altogether smile

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
I think the Big Red Machine might have been the best offensive team of that era, and probably lots of other. It is kinda funny, everyone remembers Fisk's homer, no one remembers that the Reds won the series. And without a DH.

I'd tape the game.

I do. Cincy went crazy. Even in the neighborhoods.
Not that I'm old enough. I've heard stories.
Pete Rose, JB, Joe Morgan, Dave Concepcion, Tony Perez.....

All pre-Marge.

Last edited by sgctxok; 10/09/10 09:23 PM.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Interesting day. Two weddings, two hours apart, with a one hour drive time in between. And yet I made it on time to both, with a quick Starbucks pit stop in between. smile

Then this evening ow and I both wound up being at mother-in-law's at the same time....funny I was the one welcomed inside for dinner and hanging out while she remained outside at a distance. wink whistle

Long story but in the end Dan's dad was pissed at him for springing her on them unexpectedly, just showed up at the house with her. And then said she was a friend but didn't mention she was THE 'friend' of all our Kansas City mess...and never even brought her up to the house.

Oh well. I had been invited by MIL and SIL who was visiting from out of town. I went, head held high, enjoyed the hour or so we were there, and went home. Now I am cuddled up with my kids for a campout on the floor. So clearly I am the lucky one here. smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh and I know, if this keeps up she will wind up in the house and included in all the family crap. I am not dumb. They won't lose their son over this....and when that happens, so be it. Not in my control.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

L
L
EWWWW! That's worse than gross guy! At least the family acted honorably. They get points for it in my book.

S
S
Oh and I know, if this keeps up she will wind up in the house and included in all the family crap. I am not dumb. They won't lose their son over this....and when that happens, so be it. Not in my control.

Very wise thoughts BobbiJo. You do need to be passive in this. Step away from the drama that is Dan, ex-MIL/FIL and the skankster whose name shall not be mentioned.

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well I know this is somewhat of a "hot topic", as the ladies of the View would say... wink

However, I have given the in-law situation a lot of thought and here is my position...

I didn't do anything wrong. I loved their son with all my heart and was faithful to him, I fought for my marriage. They know that. FIL just told my mom at my uncle John's funeral that they were 'never losing me'. I don't believe I need to sever the relationship bc their son made poor choices.

His nieces, are my nieces. Niece 1 was only 6 weeks old when I started dating Dan. Now, she is a college freshman. We are facebook friends and I send her little gift cards now and then. Niece 2 is a high school freshman. I work our school's cross country and track meets in part so I can cheer her on--her school is in our athletic conference. I drive the hour to her school plays, because I love her and I want to support her.

My other 2 nieces are daughters of the SIL who was my high school locker partner. Our friendship began before I ever dated Dan. They are only 4 and 2, and they are Sydney's pals. We get together so our kids can play together when they are in town (they live 3 hrs from here).

As long as MIL invites me out, and it works with my schedule, I will go. I went in last night head held high because I had no reason not to. All I saw of ow was her back as she went running around behind the barn when I got out of my car...

Down the road if ow becomes ensconced in their lives, and is present at family functions, I will re-evaluate. I may choose not to come on those occasions but it doesn't mean I won't continue to see my nieces. I didn't get a divorce from them.

Today after church I met SIL 1 & 2, MIL/FIL, and nieces except the college one, at a local restaurant for lunch. It was a great time and I did not feel the least bit awkward. Remember I have been around these guys for 18 years.

OK off that soapbox!! Heading out to mow, it is 84* again today. Massage appointment at 5--two nights of sleeping on the floor and I need it!

Last edited by BobbiJo; 10/10/10 06:38 PM.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

M
M
That is extremely icky BBJ! I wonder why she would go running around the side of the barn when you got there? Is she still ashamed of herself and trying to hide from it? How sad. You and Dan are D'd so he can do whatever he wants without judgement from you, correct? She's a cowardly skank IMO. How childish. She needs to woman up to what she contributed to the destruction of a family. Oh well.....she wasn't responsible for it, Dan was. If anyone should be running and hiding when you are there, it's Dan! LOL

Enjoy the massage! Can't you guys camp out in your room on your bed instead of on the floor????

Last edited by mishka422; 10/10/10 09:21 PM.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
BobbiJo - I think you are doing the right thing by keeping in touch with that side of the family. My XW will sometimes call my father, who lives close to her, if she needs him to take care of the kids. Where you do need to be passive is any discussion with them about Skankphanie and Dan.

All I saw of ow was her back as she went running around behind the barn when I got out of my car...

One could only hope that the skanster stepped into a big pile of cow sh!t in her haste to hide from you.

I recommend an air mattress for the floor campouts.

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard