Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 60 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 59 60
S
S
I had the codeine laced cough syrup a couple weeks ago. It did not do much for the cough. The anitbiotics may have helped as the cough is mostly gone. Backpacking this last long weekend was cough free.

The cough can be very annoying - especially when you are trying to talk.

Is the Greek lady a red head? I've heard it said (on here) that all red headed Greek ladies are actually witches.

V
OP Offline
V
Hey, Kerry! I have hear that about red headed Greek ladies! She isn't red headed though, more of a dark blonde. Speaking of talking, she just called, and we talked for most of an hour! I only coughed a few times. I think she talked me out of trying to go to work tomorrow. And I think she must like me a bit! She's a psychology professor, though she still sees patients as well. She is smart and inquisitive. And she has a 19 year old cat!

I don't know if the cough syrup does a thing for the cough, but it does put me out for a few hours. And that's a good thing.

D
D
Hey Handsome,

I'm glad they changed your name, I don't get to say that to my H, so I can say it in cyber-space. Get lots of rest, I had pneumonia twice, it is really draining and can hang around for a long time. Nothing to mess with.

Ms. Greek sounds very interesting, hope it goes well.

My boys had to fly back on Monday, they wanted to go see Boise State down in DC, for some reason they love Boise State (I think it is the blue field). But we are PSU fans, trying to do right in raising my kids.

Dagny

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
K
K
The hair color changes when we leave our country. We try to blend in... smile

Last edited by Kalni; 09/08/10 07:12 AM.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Dagny)))))
I will be resting today. I don't want this to get out of control. Just had a nice six hours of no coughing. Though I can still tell that my lungs are not working right at all. I may get to go for a chest e-ray today, I am not sure. The doc sounded like he was going to want it, but I think he might have heard enough to tell him what he needed to know. We shall see.

Boise State... I don't like VT, maybe Michael Vick splatter? But the idea that the expectation that they can beat VT (who I think will be shown to be over-rated), Oregon State, and a bunch of WAC teams and play for the championship doesn't work well for e. Though, if they get into the championship game, I'd be cheering for them. Please don't ask for logic to that!

(((((Kalni)))))
I could believe the hair color change! She seems like a really nice woman. And of course the accent, well, we know all about that! I actually thought she might be Greek when I saw her picture. And I was right! She's really smart, which I really like. We talked about everything from Parisians, and their attitude, to our cats! No expectations, no expectations... smile

Maybe now I can go back to sleep!

V
OP Offline
V
Well crap.
I just found out that my mom's twin brother, my favorite uncle, died this morning. He been really sick, for years really. And Going downhill the past couple weeks. So there's no big shock. In the other hand, I thought he might be too stubborn to die.

I'm sure he was ready, he was ready when I saw him almost two years ago. His body gave him all it had.

Last edited by Virtually_Handsome; 09/08/10 02:12 PM.
B
B
At work so no time but wanted to say...

*Sorry about your uncle. That stuff is hard, even if they have been sick and you know it is coming

*Ugh! Pneumonia! I hate that! Only had it a couple times but it really makes it hard to do much, besides sleep... ((Jeff))

*Glad you met the Greek lady. Enjoy! Nice that she is a cat lover too smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
(((((BobbbiJo)))))
Thanks for taking the time. It means a lot.

K
K
Jeff, Sorry to hear about your uncle. I have had so much going on the last 2 days, I haven't been reading up much. Hope you feel better.

(((((Jeff)))))

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
V
OP Offline
V
(((((kat)))))
You have been having adventures of your own!
I know my friends are there. And that's a good thing!

Page 53 of 60 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard