Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 100 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 99 100
I
I
NM, that sounds tough. Just managing your own kids is hard enough- trying to take care of others' and give them education is a huge responsibility that requires control, fairness, compassion and patience...lots of it. You have a tough job but sounds like you know just how to manage it...even if some parents will never understand it from your pov.

Last edited by ImprovedRomeo; 09/11/10 06:03 PM.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks you guys! But I TOTALLY MESSED UP AGAIN with the same parents! My carefully worded email that I put so much thought into referred to the student BY THE WRONG NAME! TWICE! I totally know her name- it was really strange that I called her by a different one! It wasn't even another student in my class.

So the dad emailed back and said thanks for the comments about OTHER NAME but I would really like to know about my daughter.

Now, I couldn't tell if he was angry or joking. I replied and just said "Oh no! I can't believe I used a different name! I was completely talking about your daughter and definitely know her name! I have no idea why I called her by the other name. I hope you know that I meant your daughter and it was a mistake." (something like that)

and you know what? I am OVER it! That's right- I apologized, I was a dork and somehow used the wrong name TWICE but it was 100% truthfully a strange accident. I was so fried on Friday (hey- get it?) that I shouldn't have emailed. I did email my principal to give her a head's up. I really just need those parents to come in and observe so they can relax!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

B
B
It happens!! I replied to a friend asking about my exH, and I remarked how he was irritating me. Except, somehow, I actually sent the reply to exH! blush He had texted me in between texts from my friend so I got it messed up. Ooops! He replied, "Try sending that to the right person next time"... Life goes on!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Sorry that Friday was such a disaster for you. It can only get better from here.

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You are right- it has to get better, lol!
Nothing new to report except that stbxh seems to be STALLING on the yard work and it makes me think there could be a reason for it. We can't sell the house if it looks like crap, right? I don't know. it just isn't his personality to put things off.

He visited his mom a second time this week...after work....alone with S!

He said he was going to call some people to give an estimate for the roof so he would arrange it for the afternoons. Let's see.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

A
A
And still nothing more on the D? Very odd. You would think by now you would have heard something?

Me29 S3
H left 4/1/09
I file 8/2/10
Divorce final 5/17/11
1st http://www.tinyurl.com/25lhu52
2nd http://www.tinyurl.com/2c35ueg
3rd http://www.tinyurl.com/322yk89
M
M
Hi NM--

Just wanted to wish you a good week at work!

I have to admit, I can't remember to what extent the yardwork is stressing you out - I hope not too much! Is it mostly that WH isn't following through on his end of the deal?

C
C
Hi NM!

Wow! Sounds like a stressful week at work but I am sure it takes awhile to get the students and yourself into the new routine! Does your classroom have a teacher's aide? Can you request one? In our school, each child who may require extra attention has their own para/aide if they are in a regular classroom.

Sorry about the miscommunication with the parents...hopefully it will all smooth over and they will relax!!!

That is interesting that your stbx is procrastinating on the yard stuff especially if that is not normal behaviour for him!!!

Hope you have a better week!!! smile

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
G
G
Those parents are ridiculous, NM. Except if the dad was joking, then he's cool. But I wonder.

I'm glad you're asking for help from your principal. It is really hard with those kids, even in the small group pull-out like I have! smile But I definitely know that it's much more manageable in a small group than in a large group.

Keep updating!

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
THanks for the comments, ladies!

TODAY WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER! Even my disruptive guy only stepped on a kid's hands, ran up to the projector once, and he shouted out at the carpet or grabbed the pointer. He actually stayed at his desk most of the time(I separated him and told him he could earn his way back to a group; I gave him a point sheet and praise, and I tried to give him easier expectations for work like "write your name. then count the squares. How many? that's right! now color the squares." For his writing assignment, he drew Woody from Toy Story 3 (actually a very good drawing!) and said "me saw movie! Woody! mommy and me!"...very low, poor guy.)

I am on it with the support- I have requested a teacher support meeting, notified the counselor, student supervisor, and ESL teacher (he has ESL AND and IEP for communication (separate issue)) and signed up to get a "foster grandparent" in the classroom! sigh!

My little girl with the paranoid parents was actually quite a joy and pleasure to help today. She IS very cute! She followed directions without arguing or saying "no thanks- i'd rather color." (lol! they are funny, aren't they?)and she did her work!

let's see- tomorrow i have a parent who wants to meet me to see if his daughter can skip grades. She had 1st grade in India. She turns 7 in March. Well, I asked my principal and she said it is up to me. what??? weird protocol! I am to see if she has met first grade objectives and then reflect on her maturity and make a decision. I think we meet with principal at that point.

And another mom came up to me after school to meet with me in person on Thursday. Wow, it really has been a few years since I had so many involved parents this early in the year! On the other hand, that class had very sweet kids and this class is sweet. Hmmm....correlation between involved parents and caring kids?

G- I have had very tough small groups as well as a SPED teacher...so don't discount your experience! I just blocked out that memory until you mentioned it, lol! Sometimes the kids seem more relaxed in a small group which isn't always a good thing. And I remember when I had to have 1:2 in the resource room for one kid, even though we didn't have the "woman" power.

GM- thanks for the perspective on being the single woman among my coworkers and friends! And how interesting- I can relate to the behavior issues from your patients even though I teach 6 year olds!

Awest- guess it is kind of interesting that stbxh hasn't brought up divorce. I don't know what to think about that.

CW- yep, the yardwork has to mean something!

Mrs A- the yardwork isn't stressing me out- it is just funny/frustrating that stbxh has made so many empty promises since spring and now it is fall...

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 91 of 100 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 99 100

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard