Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 60 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 59 60
B
B
Originally Posted By: Virtually_Handsome
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I so wish I had spare time to care for kittens.

Seriously? When I had two cats, they played together. All I had to do was feed them and scoop the litter occasionally wink

Yeah! The only thing that takes time is petting them!

Yep, and I found whenever I sat down to watch tv they would eagerly climb on my lap...not to mention sit on my head when I am sleeping!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
S
As kittens, mine would attack my feet whenever I moved while sleeping.

If the kids and I ever do get new kittens, I will need to resist letting them outside - too many raccoons and coyotes in my neighborhood. I assume it is a given that cats are not let outside in the Tucson area considering all the dangerous spiders, reptiles, coyotes and "wildcats" in that urban area.

D
D
Hey Handsome,

I thought I would drop over to your place, since you have been very kind to talk me off the ledge a few times!

But, wow, 52 pages of posts. So I've learned you have great kids, are dating, have two new kitens, in a band, and it realy sounds like you have your act together -- I'm envious! What other highlights did I miss since I read the first 5 and last 5 pages!

Dagny

Me 48, H49, M24, S14, S11
DB #1 4/2002-8/2003
Bomb #2 August 2010 & he moved out
Living with OW
V
OP Offline
V
The highlights....

Well, I was dry_heat. There was a poster (she hasn't been around in a while) that took to calling me handsome... one day one of the mods had changed me to Virtually_Handsome.

I was "stuck" for a long time, I did everything I could (or that I knew how to do?) to try to get things to change, but in the end, it was only fear that was holding me back. Once I was able to get past that, things changed, and while I was disappointed in the result, I haven't looked back.

Over the years (my gosh, how long has it been?), my threads have ranged from awfully serious to totally frivolous, and I have made more than one really good friend, even getting to meet a few in the real world.

Lets see... if you went back to the right threads, you would find interesting discussions involving socks. And swimming the ocean, for that matter.

We've had BBQs, eaten cheesecake, and had plenty of margaritas.

I think that about covers it!

I hope you can visit regularly, though I find myself here a lot less often than I used to be!

((((((Dagny))))))

B
B
Oh Jeff, what a nice little trip down memory lane! There have been lots of fun, late nights on here. Although I notice we are around less and less....granted most of us who hung together are past the 'divorce busting' part of the process, but where else could we spend time together but here? wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
((((((BobbiJo))))))
You are one of those very good friends! And one that I hope to meet one of these days!

There were some amazing times. We might not have "succeeded" (well, other than Ali, and hopefully Kalni), but we all came out the other side better than we went in.

M
M
Wow! That was a great recap Jeff. What wonderful and sad times all at the same time. You talked me off a ledge more times than I can count!!! Thank you!!!

Getting to know everyone here has been a true blessing. Heck, I may know some of you all better than I do some of my RL friends. LOL!

So what is on your docket for this week? Golfing? Playing with the kitties? Going to rock? grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Jeff mou, you forgot the vegetables corner...

I miss you guys. Ever since I installed my alarm system at home, my internet wont work and I only have time during work hours. Since work has been hectic with the changes and all, I try to read but dont post much. Lately I dont post on my thread much either. I feel like I am being a whinner (?).

Anyway, I will visit US in the next couple of years and my plan to meet some of you...
K

Last edited by Kalni; 09/07/10 01:27 PM.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
Hey Jeff - The Wildcats did a good job at Toledo and should have no problem next week against Citadel. It is the week after when they host Iowa that they will have their first big test. You and Bobbi Jo will surely have a little banter going on that one.

The high powered Ducks get to travel to play the Tennessee Volunteers for the first time ever next week. Even with LaMichael James playing in his first game of the year, I doubt it will be a 72 to 0 blowout like against New Mexico.

This year the Wildcats play the day after Thanksgiving at Autzen Stadium. I wonder if it will be a nail biter like last year.

V
OP Offline
V
Clearly, I need to start a new thread! But not tonight.

Starting from the back, I don't see Arizona beating the Ducks at Autzen. Not sure I see anyone beating them there! I do think the 'Cats could win 8 regular season games, counting the two "gimmies". Now that they know who their QB is, they actually could beat Iowa here, though in the scheme of things it is probably not very important. The PAC-10 schedule is a lot more important, I think.

I think the Vols could well lose to the Ducks. I don't they are in a bit of a down time at Rocky Top.

I spent most of the afternoon at the doctor's today. I have a really bad cough, and this morning I was really short of breath. He thinks I have pneumonia, and it is making my asthma (or Valley Fever damage, whichever it is) act up. I have a nice array of drugs to take, hopefully in a day or two I will be able to breath. He told me that if I feel the way I described this morning, I should call 911! I, of course, went to work for a little while, and then called the doctor's office.

Hopefully I will be healed by the 19th, which is the next band practice!

Actually I want to be healed by the weekend, because I have a tentative date with a woman I met Sunday afternoon. She is from Greece, though she has been in Canada and the US since the early 80's. But she has a accent that could easily melt me, and she is pretty and smart besides.

OK, time to take the codeine laced cough syrup, and hit the hay!

Page 52 of 60 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard