Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 60 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 59 60
S
S
Sing it Jeff! Colour my World by Chicago would be an easy song for you.

BTW... you and I were kids and teenagers during the greatest music period in history (late 60's and 70's). Kansas, Boston, Chicago, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Journey, Zappa, Queen, Heart, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Skynard, Eagles, etc...

The 80's had some good stuff too, but like Homer Simpson says.. it is a scientific fact that rock music was perfected in 1973.

Here are some songs I would love to sing live:

Boston - A Man I'll Never Be

Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away"

Eagles - Best of my Love

S
S
The song "A Man I'll Never Be" is not recommended for a guy to listen to while going through a divorce.

When I was going through the heartache, it was "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down and Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks" divorce album which brought tears to my eyes.

B
B
Hey Jeff! I liked your telephone voice, I am sure your singing voice will be great, too. smile

Have fun golfing! smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
I would love to do "Man I'll Never Be"! Heck, almost any Boston song, though trying to cover Brad Delp is pretty much impossible! They do "More than a Feeling" and "Hitch a Ride".

Their list has Black Sabbath, CCR, Deep Purple, Rush, Zep, BOC, Eagles, a gratuitous Beatles tune, you get the idea. They have no keyboarist, so some things are out. And how do you do Colour My World without a flute? If I can handle it, I want to get some Neil Young (maybe Hurricane?) and Journey. OK, one that is singable, and one that's impossible!

The problem with my voice... whatever it was ruined my range, and I always am on the edge of a cough. I am going to try to make it work though... it's one of those things that has sounded fun forever!

And thank you (((((((BobbiJo)))))). I liked your voice, too! smile

M
M
That sounds like a total blast Jeff!!! Have fun!

I'd pay to hear you do Black Sabbath....Ozzy forever!!! LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Before Kansas made it big, they lived in the house down the street from me. One of friends was actually in the band and then decided to go another route. I wonder if he has any regrets about that.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
Hope you are having a great Friday!!!

TGIF!

Sounds like some amazingly fun plans. smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
Whipped. I will try to post tomorrow! HUGS!

V
OP Offline
V
Alrighty then!

Yesterday, out of the house at 5:45 to golf with the former date. Had a good time, and quick lunch. Sounds like her "guy" is aware that she is golfing with a guy now and then... I didn't get a good feeling for how that's going over, but I did get the feeling that if he didn't like it, then he would be out. I don't think I expect that, though. I like the friend thing, though it is still weird.

Anyway, then I took care of getting a couple errands done, then stopped in at the pet store to pick up Charlotte's remains and pawprint. One of the pet charities had kittens there, so I had to look. There were about a dozen there, about ten that I wanted to take home! I petted kittens for about an hour, I expect. After I got cleaned up, I went to the band practice. It was great fun! And some things are really hard to sing! No one complained, so I guess I will go again next time.

Today I had to take S15 to football practice at 7, then went back to bed. Got up at a decent hour... called the little guys, and then picked then up. Took then to lunch, and then back to the pet store. Of course, we came home with two kittens! The boys are thrilled. They called mom, and she told them to spend the night here, I'll take them back over there tomorrow morning.

Now, for some reason, I'm tired! smile

HUGS!

S
S
What are the new kitties names? Mine were brother and sister so I named them Donny and Marie.

I am reminded quite often by my daughter about the need to get new cats.

Page 50 of 60 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard