Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 60 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 59 60
V
OP Offline
V
It's been a day....
S20 left for his college town this morning (to work, not go to school). Then this evening I came home to a truck in the driveway, and S22 moving out. I know he wanted to eventually, today a friend of his had a roommate bail, and now he's out. So, it is going to be really quite in the house now. It was too big before! I'd love to sell it, but that's going to have to wait until the market does some recovering, or I will take a serious beating!

I don't think it's bad... but it is going to be quiet around here!

R
R
That had to be hard....hope they are both not too far away. Will you have Sunday dinners or some other tradition to draw them back on a regular basis?

V
OP Offline
V
Well, S20 is about four hours away, he'll be back at school holidays (he is working for the dining service). I don't know about S22, I think he will drop in now and then... but he is itching to be independent.

Fortunately, I'll still have the little guys every other weekend, plus some.

And, once I get the house cleaned, I could have someone over without kids here. Of course there would have to BE a someone! smile

S
S
Look on the bright side...you still have S12 and S15 around. grin

I know about the silence. I am a bit of a loner so it is a bit of a break at times, even though I ultimately had desired a full family unit. The balance of kids here half the time and myself the other half seems to work out well.

I have heard about the terrible Arizona, California and Las Vegas real estate market. Your best bet is to probably just wait several years for future President Palin or DeMint or Bolton or ??? (R) to get financial things somewhat back to normal. smirk

How are things looking for the Wildcats this season? We just keep having idiot Beavers and Ducks in the news...

Naked OSU football player squares up, cops tase him.

Think about it...they tased a naked Beaver!

Another thought concerning Sponge Bob...Mr Krabs lives in "Bikini Bottom"..... Think about it

V
OP Offline
V
I am a loner as well, so some of the time it will be nice, I think.

I think the market will come back, given a bit of time. MAybe not back to crazy, but back. There is so little building going on around here now, I think the trick will be being prepared to sell when people are ready to buy again. I don't blame it on one party or the other, after all, the bottom fell out while W (R) was in the big house. Actually, I don't think the guy in the big house has as much to do with it as he (or she) would like to think.

I read about the Beaver getting tased, shook my head.

I think the PAC-10 is going to be nine teams separated by two games, and then Wazzu. The Cats should have offense, defense, maybe not so clear. But I don't think there have been any tasings!

S
S
The big guy in the big house does indeed not have much to do with the real estate market. Bailing out bad loans is another thing altoghter though. Doing some talking with a Las Vegas resident that follows it, I learned that many of the big hotels are in serious financial trouble. That and the lack of Lake Mead retaining water spells some serious problems for the SW in years to come.

Pac 10 (not counting the Cougars, Sun Devils and Bruins) should be very competitive. Ducks are favored, but most everyone enjoys a good Trojan beat down. Even those who have teams not in the Pac 10 enjoy seeing the Trojans faulter. It must suck being on top for so long!

I wonder if Tucson is going to be the future home for my Portland Beavers. You will have to change their name to something like the "Tucson Gila Monsters" or "Tucson Cactus" or "Tucson Tarantulas" or even the "Tucson Wildcats". The thought of no minor league baseball in Portland really gets my goat. Enjoy it - minor league baseball is a good deal and a lot of fun to watch!

V
OP Offline
V
The lack of water will probably get us in the end, though Tucson is better off than a lot of places. I just need a little bounce in the market first! smile

I don't think Tucson will be in the running for the Beavers. The Sidewinders left two years ago because they couldn't get stadium improvements, I don't see that changing, and I don't see anyone wanting to buy a team to bring them here. We do have an independent league team in town, playing at the older but better located of our two stadiums.

D
D
Just stopped by to say hi as you were so kind to stop by my thread.

I noticed something you wrote - once the house is cleaned. Am I to believe that you are still a clutterbug? - LOL!

As you may recall, I am an organization freak.

Jeff, you are stuck on this one. Get going. Now your two sons are gone. Perfect time to start. You'll feel good once its done. I promise.

V
OP Offline
V
(((((Brooklyn)))))
Yes, you may believe that I am a clutterbug... and the two older boys over the summer were worse. I have the kitchen glowing more than once...

I do recall your expertise at organization. Want to visit the desert?

I have started... there is a lot to do!

V
OP Offline
V
Tomorrow will be an interesting day. In the morning, I will be golfing with my former date. It's still a bit weird, but it should be fun. If nothing else it is at a nice course that I haven't played before. The bad part is that it's 45 minutes away, and we tee off at 650!

Tomorrow afternoon I am stepping out of the comfort zone. A couple friends at work, and a few of their friends, have an informal band...informal in that one of their mottos is "No Gigs". They play 70s and 80's covers mostly, a bit of a variety. Anyway, somehow I got invited to try to sing with them, their usual singer is not always available when they play. Anyway, I am going to give it a try tomorrow afternoon. If should be interesting, before my bout with Calley Fever (or whatever has messed up my lungs) it would have been a lot easier! But what the heck. Might even try to add something on the keyboard, though it has been a million years since I did such a thing. And maybe add some horns sometime so they can play Chicago.

Anyway, it's way out of the box!

Page 49 of 60 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard