Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 100 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 99 100
G
G
I love a man with excessive facial hair! Strangely enough, WH can't grow a beard. . . he says hair don't grow on steel. . . ha ha ha! I thought that was a good one.

me, 30
WH, 29
D born June 2010
M: July 2001
Bomb/S: 1/14/10
Done with it all.
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
some favorite lines in BJ's Diary: (there are several but these are some of my fav's)

1)"It's a truth universally acknowledged that when an area of your life goes ok, another part of it falls spectactularly to pieces!"

2) Mark Darcy says to Bridget "I don't think you are an idiot at all...you really are an appalling bad public speaker and you tend to let whatever is in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences...but the thing is what I am trying to say, very inarticulartly, is that in fact, despite appearances, I like you very much....just as you are."

3)BJ: "Wait a minute...nice boys don't kiss like that..."

MD: "Yes they F-ing DO!"

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
lol Gatsby! You like the rug burn from making out with a beard? OK I realize I might sound sooo superficial! OF COURSE if the guy was great and I was attracted, etc etc then who cares about the facial hair! BUt I bet there are men who say no way to short hair on a woman or bleached hair, etc....

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

B
B
Hi NM. Love Bridget Jones Diary! Great movie!

You are absolutely allowed to say what you want in a man including physical traits... Like you mentioned above for some it facial hair, or their build, or hair color etc. It doesn't make you superficial, makes you real and honest!I always had a thing for eyes! They just have to be beautiful and expressive, H has the most fabulous blue eyes... Now I'm wondering what color S will have!although the baby has my eye shape, everything else looks like my H. Haha

Don't be afraid to say what yo want in a person! Whether its a physical trait, mannerism, ethics, personality etc you re allowed!

Keep up the positive attitude! Xoxo

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Whoa...had a disturbing dream...
1)I was back at school as MS. married last name and the kids and staff all came up to me "what happened? Mrs. B? Why are you divorced?"

2)I went to my dad's house and stbxh was there, dropping off S. I go upstairs and was bending over, cleaning something. I end up backing into him, while he is sitting and fall into his lap. stbxh starts brushing aside my hair and kissing me. He says he loves me and never stopped. He wants to "get it on." In my mind, I know it is because he doesn't want any other man to have me. Before I agree, I ask him how it's going with his girlfriend.

3)He says he can't change her...it's too hard, she is too much work, too demanding and he is getting tired. He also says she is bossy and the other day told him (on the phone) that he better hurry home in "5,4,3,2, 1!" He said "newmama, you were NEVER controlling or bossy to me!"

4)He said he really misses me and the first thing he wants to talk to me about is parenting....what it's like to be a parent to our son.

weird...I need to watch something on TV to feel better...

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

L
L
Yes, I dreamt that I walked naked into a meeting of a lot of people to discuss some topic of great importance, and my mother was there. She expressed shock that I was naked. But everyone else ignored it. It's just a dream. I think a couple of people expressed some hope that a younger woman would walk in naked- not me!

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
whoa--doesn't being naked represent something? Yeah I don't know what triggered my dream but am not reading into it or anything- just feel weird.

BUT I just turned off my profile on plentyoffish.com because there have been some real creeps emailing me lately! And I am not really looking to date anyone else now! ESPECIALLY after what JUST happened:

someone had emailed me like 3 times and I never replied. I decided to reply and say "sorry I haven't replied...I've been busy as a single mom having fun with friends and dating. Where were those pictures taken?"

He replies "those pics were taken in Mauii. Do you want to hang out this morning? DO you want to come to my house and watch a movie? here is my number if you want to text or call me."

WTF?????????????????

I reply "uhm, I think you have the wrong impression of me. For the record, this is how you ask a woman out "Hi, I find you attractive and see that we have some common interests. Would you like to meet for a drink sometime this week?"

Good luck on your search."

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I feel like I need to take another shower!!!!

p.s. the man was the same age as me- I was thinking maybe he was in his 20s or something! and divorced...bet he cheated!!!

Last edited by newmama; 08/01/10 04:23 PM.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

M
M
Not much to add, did find the debate about dating to be a lot fo food for thought for me.

Glad that you are able to get out and enjoy yourself. smile

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
there is no debate, lol! IMO you do it if you are aware of the risks and are honest up front.

I am going out with Rugby once more if he still wants to go out.

That's it! Turned off my profile on match.

Taking a break!

August's agenda:

1)get S used to daycare
2)get my head back into "work"
3)see my friends and family (with and without S)
4)go back to cooking
5)maybe go to another meetup for fun, meet another single mom friend?
6)get stuff ready to sell on craigslist
7)continue clearing stuff out of my house-look into renting a dumpster
8)continue getting exercise and losing weight
9)work on language development with S
10)get my classroom set up

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
That was tougher than I expected. Stbxh arrived and is taking some stuff to goodwill for me. I had to talk to him about getting some of his stuff from the house. It was very hard for me not to choke up.

He is a stranger now. Who is raising my son half the time.

So then I told him if he wanted to get his stuff, he could do it when S and I were at the beach here in a couple of weeks.
He said there might be some things he won't deal with until later.

He said I might want to keep some of the furniture around for when my family comes over for Christmas.

I kept telling him that when I move out next year, I want to downsize all my stuff by then, because I won't have 2 living rooms and won't need 4 dressers, etc.

He said "well if you decide to move, then I can take the furniture at that time. Right now I don't have any place to put it."

I swear he said twice "if you move"

I just looked at him like "that's YOUR problem..." He read my mind and said "yeah I know..."

He is being so nonchalant, the $#@$%&!

Last edited by newmama; 08/01/10 08:58 PM.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 51 of 100 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 99 100

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard