Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 60 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 59 60
Jeff, thanks for correcting my spelling ( analyze ) I always spell it wrong, and funny thing is when I look at profiles on dating sites bad spellers go to the bottom of the pile. Shame on me.
Yes I think I got too comfortable in my singledom, easy to convince myself that I am fine alone, been alone a long time and life is less complicated that way.
Have the odd dates, sometimes with same person 3/4 times but no spark.
Still I keep my g/fs amused by storytelling my "adventures. Maybe your ladyfriend will reflect on her decision and then its up to you.
I for myself do not get involved with people who have children still living at home, unless they are big children like working. I have been there done that and know it is not a stage I wish to revisit, as much as I love my own and g/children, but I am much older than you and presumeably your dates are much younger than me.
What will be will be.(())

S
S
Jeff,

I am a bit bumbed to hear the latest lady is not working out the way you wanted. But, there are many others. Just remember to sample more of the buffet and you will find a good one.

Sounds like you had a great trip to California.

The kids and I drove through part of your state the other day going to and from the Grand Canyon. The San Francisco mountains near Flagstaff were pretty neat to see as I did not think trees could grow on top of mountains that are over 12,000 feet high. Plus, I am not used to seeing a mountain that high without snow or glaciers.

The highlight for me was Oatman Arizona with lots of walk away wives and husbands to feed carrots to.

M
M
Too bad about the date! Her loss though. (((Jeff)))

I'm glad you aren't going to sell your kids just to make yourself more available for dating LOL. I am sure they are relieved as well. wink

Glad you guys had a fun trip!

We still need to do a DB rafting trip.

Not to mention our AZ get-together! (Which reminds me, I may be going to Japan in October for a week to visit my sister before she PCSs back to the states.)

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
Keep on that road Jeff! This sounds like it has been a good experience, even ending up the way it has. Stay out of that darned comfort zone!! smile

The trip sounds like it was a blast!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

V
OP Offline
V
(((((naej)))))
I pretty much throw out the profiles that have terrible spelling, and a complete lack of grammar. I figure if that's the first impression they want to make, I'm probably not interested.

The kids thing is certainly a factor. My youngest is 12, and growing up fast, and I don't have them all the time. So to me, it doesn't seem that big a deal. (Of course, they have been in my life forever, as well!) I may never know, but if I had to bet, I think that may have been the difference. If the "friend thing" works, I may ask her someday. Or not, I don't really want to put her on the spot like that.

Kerry, the Flagstaff area is beautiful! The only time I have actually been to the canyon it was snowing of all things! I think I need to visit Oatman, your pics were great!

((((((Michelle)))))
A DB rafting trip would ROCK! I have never slept as well in a tent as I did after the first day of rafting. I was dead! And the scenery along the river was great!

(((((mish)))))
It was a good experience, though a disappointing ending. The comfort zone is a pain in the neck. I need to make those first contacts, which is always the hardest part!

K
K
Oh, so maybe we all should meet up in Japan? smile lol

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
I would be so in for Japan if there was some sort of scholarship program... wink

Jeff that sucks with the lady you were dating! She obviously liked you MORE than just a friend bc I do not make out, nor am I tempted to, with my friends. But so goes life, right? I limit myself when gauging prospects due to my kids...if a guy is late 20s or 30, with no kids, I eliminate him. Cause I figure he will want kids one day...and I have mine already! smile

Enjoy the golfing if you guys can make that happen.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
Yes, for Japan to work, I think we need a scholarship program!

(((((BobbiJo)))))
There's no question that she liked me as MUCH more than a friend, from the first time we met. Can you go from there, back to friends? I don't know.... I guess we'll find out!

Last edited by Virtually_Handsome; 07/24/10 07:10 AM.
B
B
I suppose you could go back to being friends, if you can let go of the urge to jump on her (funny the first time I typed that it came out 'hump', I hit the wrong key)...

I can totally do that with my coworker guy, but then we were friends before we went on a date...this is uncharted territory for me.

Have a good week! If you hear about any tomfoolery in Chi Town it will probably be me. wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Yeah, I don't think Japan is a reasonable one LOL.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 36 of 60 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard