Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 100 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 99 100
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
OK so tell me-- now that zoobrew has called me again, is it ok now if I text zoobrew and tell him that the kayak tours are open Mon or Thurs? For Mon, there are only a couple of spots left. For Thurs, it is wide open.

Last night he asked me a few q's about it, I said "I don't know. I haven't called them yet!" and he teased me "well aren't you a wealth of information!"

On MY end, I need to preserve babysitting for Monday but don't need to if it is Thursday.

OK because I am not looking for my next long term boyfriend (???right???) (but I LIKE HIM, DAMN IT!)I am thinking it might be ok if I don't follow the rules all the time? damn this crap!

I will listen to you! Advise please....

Last edited by newmama; 07/24/10 11:16 PM.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

C
C
Hey NM

I think I am too old-fashioned to help with advice in the dating area...I still believe in letting them pursue you but today with texting and everything else...IDK!!!

And, I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping in touch with your SIL...in fact, I think it is great! Will be good for your S in the future in helping him stay in touch with your H's family and once you are D'd, she will just be your friend!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
C
C
I would wait for him to contact you and when he does let him know you are available Thursday (not Monday).

G
G
nm,
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
I would wait for him to contact you and when he does let him know you are available Thursday (not Monday).
I am by no means a dating expert yet but I agree w/CG. Also, I think you are falling into the abyss of over-thinking all this! crazy

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

M
M
NM, leave it with zoobrew. You are just as cute - maybe cuter! - saying nothing at this point!

It SUCKS to be at this again, but it IS also a tiny bit nice to not be the one doing all the work...

G
G
Originally Posted By: Mrs. A
It SUCKS to be at this again, but it IS also a tiny bit nice to not be the one doing all the work...
Just as it SUCKS to be the one that has to do all the "work" cool

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

C
C
Originally Posted By: CityGirl

Perfect!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
S
S
Juggling THREE guys?! Well, look at you! smile

I wonder what your stbxh would think if he knew?

M
M
Not much to say other than "Go you!" Very inspiring how you've managed to achieve detachment and moving on.

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you all for chiming in! Mystik, I haven't achieved full detachment yet...I still love that tool douche idiot...but am moving on if by moving on it means the act of moving, lol!

So I didn't check my thread in time to see your advice but after I posted, I called my grandma who is 81. I told her the deal- that the days are filling up so I will need to reserve. I asked her if I should text zoobrew the info-would that be pursuing? Well, my old fashioned grandma said "go ahead! You know he is interested, you talked about it last night, you are going to do it next week. So there is no problem with sending him a text!"

And she even gave me a sample phrase "something like fyi, these are the days available. Let me know which ones you can do."

She had no hesitation or reservation about it, so I decided to take her advice and sent him this text:

(btw the previous night, he asked me a lot of questions about the place and I didn't have answers so he teased me, saying "Well aren't you a wealth of information!" so in the text I was detailed on purpose!)

"Hi zoobrew! I contacted the kayak place and they have space for Mon(leaving at 8) or Thurs(leaving at 6). ..leaving from the Marina at___. Talk to you soon!"

So he IMMEDIATELY texts me back "Cool! Monday work for you? :)"

I reply "Yes! I will get babysitting :)"

him: "Sounds like a plan, Stan! ;)"

me: "Terrific! If you can call me tomorrow I can fill you in on details ;)"

him: "With pleasure chica!"

So phew! Rugby might be calling me today. We are going out on Tuesday night...I need to work out extra to keep up with all of the eating and drinking!

Now I am going to mentally prepare for rejection so that when it happens, I won't be too disappointed, especially since I am not ready for a long term relationship!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

Page 44 of 100 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 99 100

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard