Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 100 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 99 100
I
I
You get an A for being persistent and trying it 3 times. I wish I had the patience to try it even one time! Post a pic anyway- it's all good.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks Romeo...maybe my persistence came from me being able to DB so long! Wow, it is Friday again? This time last week I was hangin' at my friend C's house with S...we spent the night and then the next night I went out with J. The week flew by!

Got a busy weekend...

ziplining tomorrow a.m., BBQ tomorrow night, S' B-day party on Sunday!

Still need to email people at work about my divorce. Ugh.

Oh- and I ordered a new ring from JC Penney to wear on my right hand. It arrived today, when stbxh was over, but I didn't wear it in front of him yet. I don't know why...but I felt shy about it.

Yep, stbxh hung out on the couch in the front room while he waited for the landscaper guy to come out and give an estimate. He made chit chat and I asked him about his car. It was weird. I didn't feel anything (except the usual attraction) but no loving feelings. He provided the sperm for my egg and is the father of S.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

P
P
Interested in your last line there NM! Is that how you really felt; like he was the sperm donor? That could be really good detachment at work!
Just catching up, and I can relate to the playing off the two parents thing... My parents divorced when I was 4 and I spent two nights a week, mid week, with my father. When Dad was annoying me, I ran to Mum. When Mum was annoying me, I ran to Dad. 2 birthdays, two Christmas'. I think I wasn't pushed and I think I do often act like the helpless one, wanting others to bail me out and look after me. I don't know if that is because of the split homes, or just my character.
I never saw what I lived in a negative light. We always put the spotlight on 'the best of both worlds', as both homes were quite different.
I also agree with the poster that says life is messy. It's not supposed to be neat. I wish it were neat, to be honest!!!

Me 36; H 40
baby born in May
M:13, T:15
Bomb (OW): Dec 09
began DBing: Feb
WH overseas with OW
old: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2027369#Post2027369
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Life is messy...how do we deal with the mess? Clean it, sort it, give it away?

Well what a weekend and it isn't done! S party will start in about an hour. Just waiting for stbxh to drop him off. Got a cute dinosaur cake at Costco and all I need to do is write his name on it!

Also made tomato onion filo tart and cowboy salsa (both recipes I shared with you, CW! Some good vegetarian options for some of my family)

The house is clean, smells great, looks festive with 1st year Sesame Street birthday decor!

OK so ziplining...good and bad. Good was that it was peaceful flying through the air, and it felt a lot slower than it looked! Bad was "stopping." And I am a quirky gal, truly am, so I started obsessing about my inability to stop or get stuck inthe middle of the line. We had awesome harnesses and were strapped in very tight! But we had to stop using our gloved hand to "gently" glide over the top of the line then pump it.

OK so I almost didn't do it! I was about to back out when a very sweet (and good looking) tour guide asked if I wanted to go tandem! I said SURE! He stopped for me and I got to experience it and it was terrific! The downside was I kept thinking "damn it- this should have been stbxh and I!!!!!&^%$@!)

Well the group I met with were fun and I will write some more about that later. I got a pic with the guy I went tandem with (and when I get the pics I will post them on my FB page). I was giggling thinking to myself "what a hot 21 year old! Maybe he was 22?) Finally, one of the women I was with asked him his age.

NINETEEN. That was just WRONG as they say! Yikes! Must have been like the coaches on Mindfull's son's soccer team!

haha! I drove down to hang with my friends at their BBQ. OK will write more reflection stuff later...

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

M
M
Hope the birthday party goes well and DS has lots of fun!

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
G
G
19? ha ha ha! Wow, that's crazy.

Sounds like so much fun at your place, NM! I hope the party is fun. Who was coming over for it? smile

me, 30
WH, 29
D born June 2010
M: July 2001
Bomb/S: 1/14/10
Done with it all.
W
W
The party sounds so fun!!

Hard to beat those Costco cakes!

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
F
F
Newmama, I hope you're having a great time at the party. It's bound to be bittersweet, but I just know that you're making it all about S...good for you smile .

Way to go with the ziplining laugh . You're so great at GAL...the rest of us are just in awe wink .

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
C
C
Sounds like an awesome weekend NM!!! Hope the party went well!

And, good for you for ziplining! I would love to try that!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the well wishes! The party was not bittersweet at all luckily. It was harder on his actual b-day.

But stbxh dropped off S and I did need his help for a couple of things so he was happy to oblige. I forgot that my aunt and cousin were going to show up early. So they arrived. Surprisingly, my aunt said "Hi, stbxh!" in an excited voice. ???
He kept hanging out and I was trying to hint that I was thankful for his help and he could leave now. Well why would he want to linger when I had MY family over? If I were leaving someone, I wouldn't want to hang out with their family, you know?

Anyway then everyone arrived and my cousin and I told about the ziplining adventure in between me needing to comfort and hold S because he was overwhelmed at first by everyone. Well finally I could pass him off and finish putting out refreshments, etc.
I was never sad but I kept thinking "gee it would be so handy to have another parent here to help me!"

S did eat some cake this time and some of the onion tart, too!
(I was surprised he liked it).

He got a lot of riding toys and books galore!

ok I still have more to say but now he is waking up from his nap!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 31 of 100 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 99 100

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard