Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Mila...things are going well with me. Thanks for the info about getting my bands resized. I think I can manage that cost! lol.

Well, My 17th wedding anniversary was on Saturday. I got my H a card...a funny one. Didnt want to get a serious one. He didnt get me one, which is ok. I know how he is about that stuff. He had an expense come up and couldnt get me anything, but said he would be able to next weekend. We (kids too) went to town that day. Got the stuff to finish my garden, went out to eat for dinner. So, I enjoyed spending the time with them for that day. Finally got my living room painted! yay! So, it was a pretty good weekend.

On Saturday, we passed a house on the way to town, just about 2 miles from our house. My H said he saw that my exbf got a new truck?????? I said "what"...he was talking about the exOW's bf! I told him to NOT call him that, that I was never interest in him....he likes to pick on me about that, then precedes to call the exOW my friend, that she had moved to this house! I said that she was NOT my friend and NOT to call her that. Im not sure why he feels the need to joke about them to me. Maybe if he thinks he is being funny, I wont get my feelings hurt??? I dont know. Kinda immature, but anyway....the OW finally does NOT live down my road anymore.....just a little further down the street. I still have to pass her house everyday and it is right on the road and so easy to see. Luckily for me, I dont have a habit of looking at that house, but still find myself looking at her old house. I guess it wont be so bad now for me...although, now my H has to pass her house and he gets a better view of her BF's truck there....oh well.

Kissak

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3
M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Came and went too MANY times!
Gone again 10-25-10
Kissak,
Congrats on your 17th Anniversary! Please don't deny your feelings though about the lack of a card. You say you know how he is about stuff but if a card is something that is important to you now is the time to let him know the importance. You have your love language and if it isn't being nurtured resentment will come to call. You are in a rebuilding phase and honesty about your needs is so very important.

Excellent that you were able to get the living room painted as you have wanted to do. What colour did you paint it?

Have you done any considering about the two of you going to counseling together to learn how to rebuild successfully? That whole thing about the OW and the BF sounds like he was baiting you. That just isn't acceptable.

Congrats again on your 17th!
*hugs*
~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
R
R
Congrats on your 17th anniversary!. Glad that you and h are back together. My h came and went many times too.

Last edited by rysmom; 06/02/10 03:17 AM.
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks swl...I painted my living room "mexican sand". It looks very nice. I know we need counseling together and I have asked him to talk to his counselor about it. He wont go until next week though. Honestly whenever in the past that my H gave me a card, it was always like not much thought was put into it. He just isnt a card person. I even got one once and he forgot to sign it! Well, that really didnt sit well with me then! I know, I need to talk to him about it. I will...just need to find a way to bring it up. He is doing so much for me lately around the house and working 3 jobs, getting up at 3 am in the mornings for one job, then to work at 8 for his main job....then teaching some nights. I do appreciate all his hard work.

Thanks Rysmom....17 long years! Especially the last 4....wow, dont even know if I should count them!

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
C
C
Happy Anniversary Kissak! Hope there will be many more to come!!!

Is the stuff your H is doing around the house "new" for him? Or, has he always done that kinda stuff for you?

I can see the dilema about the card...if he has always done that then you probably weren't surprised but would think that after all you two have been through that he would have thought about getting you one but we all know that men think differently about this stuff than we do...:)

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you confusedwife.....I werent surprised at all, but it would have been nice to get one. Honestly the most we ever did on our anniversarys were just go out to eat. We hardly ever did the gifting thing.

The stuff he is doing around the house isnt really new to him. We have always took pride in our home and have always done any work that needed to be done ourselves. Seems we always have a project or 2 going on. I will be glad to just sit and do nothing one weekend....waiting on my vacation, coming soon!!

I just signed up my son for his first year of camp! He's not really all that excited, but he is going. They are trying to get a spot for my daughter too...she has gone the last 3 years. I waited to late to sign them up and the spots got gone! SO PLEASE PRAY she can go too! Pray they find a spot for her!!!! I wont know what to do with both my kids gone for a week this summer! I guess some alone time for me and my H finally smile

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I forgot to mention (in honor of my parents) they have been married 37 years today! My dad asked my mom to marry him when he got snowed in at her house. They had only been dating for 6 weeks! So glad it was at her house that he got snowed in! They have set quite an example for me and my sisters/brother. I can only hope for 20 more years for my own marriage. Nice to see they arent a statistic in this day and age.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
M
M
So nice to hear about your parents, and about XOW... well, better she moved a bit down... but it would have been great if she had moved FAR away. Picture a sign in front of her house that says far, far away. LOL.

Congrats on your 17th, that was an accomplishment.

Positive Lifetime Attitude Award: http://tinyurl.com/2dssttf

H in MLC?: http://tinyurl.com/23fabv8

Infidelity: Expose or Not? http://tinyurl.com/26ksmfj
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you M&H

Yes, the land of Far Far Away smile That would be nice.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok so I just decided to go do it...I went and got the modification form from the clerks office to stop the child support.....I know I should have made him do it, but the thing is he werent gonna....too embarrassed I guess....

Funny part.....we BOTH have to go appear in front of a judge.

H isnt excited about that part at all....finally having to face what he did.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard