Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
J
J
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
I am feeling so so. Not great.

I had a bit of an accident on Saturday. I had a knife in my dish drainer and the handle was facing the wrong way and I gashed my arm. I know have a lovely 7 inch cut that bled for hours. The meds I am on thin my blood considerably. Saw the dr. today. Bloodwork was not perfect but one step at a time.

School is good. I am glad it's almost done. Honestly, this program is a real snooze and I have some thinking to do about what is next.

If you like to eat then learn to cook! It is my favorite hobby!

oh I know how to cook. Spent many of hours working different grills in college to make money. I love cooking breakfast the most.

Wow we have matching arm gashes! mine is almost healed though. Sorry to hear about your arm. did you get any stitches?

Are you able to take anything for the pain? Hydrocodone or anything like that to lessen it? I've been reading about lupus but I still really don't understand it so I'm reading some more.

I hope you feel better c.g. have you been getting rest?

waw 36 (spiritual covenant and common law marriage)me 32
together 13 mos. Bomb dropped march 2nd 2010

children SD (8) S (10) S (3)
need help from anyone with my sitch

C
OP Offline
C
No, I don't take anything for pain as nothing really helps. I take 400mg of Plaquenil per day to manipulate the pH of my cells for Lupus.

My cut wasn't deep enough to get stitches. It was one of those annoying cuts that perfectly took off the top layer of skin but was not too deep. I bleed more than normal people do so it looked way worse than it was.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease. My body overproduces autoimmune antibodies and the overproduction causes my body to "attack" it's own tissue, joints and organs. Any trauma to my body (ex: the cut I got on Sat.) stimulates more overproduction.

I do rest when I can. Lupus and chronic fatigue go hand in hand.

Could be worse!

J
J
No, I don't take anything for pain as nothing really helps. I take 400mg of Plaquenil per day to manipulate the pH of my cells for Lupus.

My cut wasn't deep enough to get stitches. It was one of those annoying cuts that perfectly took off the top layer of skin but was not too deep. I bleed more than normal people do so it looked way worse than it was.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease. My body overproduces autoimmune antibodies and the overproduction causes my body to "attack" it's own tissue, joints and organs. Any trauma to my body (ex: the cut I got on Sat.) stimulates more overproduction.

I do rest when I can. Lupus and chronic fatigue go hand in hand.

Could be worse!

omg so it pretty much thinks your joints tissue and organs are some type of infection and attacks them?

no wonder you weren't around saturday.

*puts a bandage on ya arm and sends you a get well city girl card*

please be careful with the dishes!!

my blood levels are the exact opposite. They think I may be anemic. It was ridiculous hard for them to find a vein at the hospital and the nurse had to flush the vein she did find several times after d/cing my i.v. just to get two vials of blood from me.

C
OP Offline
C
In a very basic sense lupus is sort of like having an allergic reaction that never ends.

Everybody produces autoimmune antibodies. People with Lupus produce way too many. When one has too many autoimmune antibodies the body views them as "foreign" and not helpful and the body actually starts to attack its own tissues, joints and organs. You know how people are very allergic to peanuts? And when they eat a peanut sometimes their throat closes? It is the bodies way of "attacking" the peanut and it ends up attacking itself. The concept is the same.

The pain is sort of hard to describe but it kind of feels like millions of fire ants crawling under your skin and heat going up your spine. I realize this sounds all dramatic but its really the only way I can describe it.

Lupus goes in remission then flares. In my case my kidneys and joints are attacked most often. Lupus severely compromises the immune system.

I have super small veins. My blood is thin due to my meds. I can get a paper cut and bleed like the dickens.

So, that is me!

Last edited by CityGirl; 04/27/10 03:55 AM.
J
J
In a very basic sense lupus is sort of like having an allergic reaction that never ends.

Everybody produces autoimmune antibodies. People with Lupus produce way too many. When one has too many autoimmune antibodies the body views them as "foreign" and not helpful and the body actually starts to attack its own tissues, joints and organs. You know how people are very allergic to peanuts? And when they eat a peanut sometimes their throat closes? It is the bodies way of "attacking" the peanut and it ends up attacking itself. The concept is the same.

The pain is sort of hard to describe but it kind of feels like millions of fire ants crawling under your skin and heat going up your spine. I realize this sounds all dramatic but its really the only way I can describe it.

Lupus goes in remission then flares. In my case my kidneys and joints are attacked most often. Lupus severely compromises the immune system.

I have super small veins. My blood is thin due to my meds. I can get a paper cut and bleed like the dickens.

So, that is me!

man how do you deal with that. oh so that's what you meant about almost losing the kidney? how do they treat it? how do they make the autoimmunes stop attacking your joints and organs?

J
J
how is your arm feeling C.G.?

I demand an update dagnabbit!!

Last edited by james217; 04/27/10 11:31 PM.

C
OP Offline
C
In case anybody needs a good laugh....

I have not seen my "husband" since Nov. of 2009 (in court, lol!). The last time we spoke on the phone was a few months ago. Every so often we e-mail about admin. stuff but the last e-mail exchange we had was a few months ago.

The last time I texted with him was in mid April when he sent me ELEVEN text messages to tell me he was moving in with his GF (his two year affair partner) and blah blah blah.

He came by to get the last of his furniture on April 20th of this year. I did not see him but left it in the hall for him.

IOW we have very little contact and I like it that way. We are legally separated since Nov of 2009 but he moved out in April of 2008.

In Jan. of this year he kept e-mailing me wanting to talk as "two people" as long as his GF did not find out. No. I told him I was done.

Two days ago he texted me that he has been e-mailing me since May 3rd (I saw the e-mails but they were all "how are you doing" type messages and not worthy of any type of response) and if I did not want to "talk" to him over e-mail then he might just start exploring other avenues to force us to talk. LOL! I told him "do what you need to do!".

Last night about two hours before he left work he texts me asking me if he could bring me dinner after work. WHAT?! I mean, what the hell? GF out of town or what? Then he wanted to know if the dog was too hot (very warm temps here). I ignored him for about an hour so he texts again that he will bring dinner but leave it by the door so I don't have to see him. WHAT?!

I text him back a short but polite 'no thanks' and within seconds he texts again " I figured you would say no but just thought I would ask"

Ridiculous!

M
M
CityGirl, Wow! I don't know what to say. Wonder why he wants to make contact and be nice to you all of a sudden?

Do you know if he is still with OW?

M 38
WAW 36
Together 19 years
Married 12 years
Bomb/Separated Oct. 09
I love my wife
Sitch
C
OP Offline
C
He LIVES with OW! He has been with his affair partner since early 2008! They just moved in together last month.

His patterns are predictable. He tried to "get tough" with me for not wanting to e-mail with him and when I didn't respond he tried the nice route.

He wants or needs something I am sure.

M
M
Yes, it sounds like he wants something. Interesting that after living with OW for a month he is now contacting you. Maybe the grass isn't so green now that he is living with her. Trouble in paradise?

M 38
WAW 36
Together 19 years
Married 12 years
Bomb/Separated Oct. 09
I love my wife
Sitch
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard