Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
B
B
Originally Posted By: MichelleLT
Those two have written a few (I think we're talking about the same books). One on boundaries in dating, one on boundaries in marriage, one on boundaries in work (and preventing sexual harassment). Good stuff.

http://www.cloudtownsend.com/

Here is a link. They have written around a dozen books, plus they have a lot of other resources on their site. The one book I was thinking of earlier is "Safe People", about identifying people who will help you grow and those who hold you back,etc. Tons of resources on relationships, self discovery, parenting, dating, leadership, you name it!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks. I am going to take a look because I am beginning to realize that it doesn't matter what the relationship is, there needs to be boundaries. I am kind of a chicken when it comes to voicing my opinion, not having one but saying hey I don't like that. I need to find my balls. wink

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

M
M
Maybe mine are hiding with yours???? When you find them tell mine to come on home. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
LOL...maybe that is why we are not seeing the real thing...they are all hiding...

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

B
B
grin

I still call "Boundaries in Marriage" the most life-changing book I ever read. Even though I hate saying that and sounding like Oprah...I read it last June on a work trip, sitting outside by the lake. It helped me see where my lack of enforcing boundaries contributed to the problems in my M, and where his resistance of boundaries also contributed. No matter what I can take those lessons in to my next relationship. Both from the point of view of not making the same mistakes I made before, and from the point of recognizing in future men that boundary-resistant personality that I do not want to have back in my life...so even if you aren't married it is a great book!

Ok getting off my soapbox... smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Methinks I will be needin' a library card...I do need to set boundaries, and I am very bad at that. I suppose that is one of the problems w/ working on my individual self esteem. I just want everyone to be happy, and although I have realized I cannot MAKE everyone happy, I still WANT everyone to be happy.

On the other hand, I think I deserve to be happy too. And having friends who really don't understand me doesn;t help.

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Tomorrow is one year when my brother Kevin was found.

I feel so sad. I miss him so much. But this past year has taught me to hold the people I love close.

I really don't have anything else to say.

B
B
(((((((Lola)))))))

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

V