Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 60 1 2 3 4 59 60
R
R
Good job Jeff...keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone! Gets easier... smile

C
C
Sounds great and good for you! I would say yes smile

V
OP Offline
V
(((((BobbiJo)))))(((((mindfull))))((((rocked)))))(((((CG)))))

You are right, she could have come up with something different if she was going to say no. She did answer really quickly. I rather expect am a bit older than she might normally date, but I'm not going to worry about that for the time being. Time will tell.

Coming up with a time and place might be a challenge. I guess I shouldn't ask her if she'd like dinner at Fridays! And she works every evening other than Monday and Wednesday.

I still really can't believe I asked her. But I did! Now I need a plan. Mindfull, they don't wear the buttons at this Fridays, just black shirts, and black pants. We've probably got until Tuesday to think of something, I have the kids this weekend, and I don't think we'll be going to Fridays.

V
OP Offline
V
And CG..... thanks! smile

B
B
Has she mentioned whether she golfs?? smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
OP Offline
V
((((BobbiJo)))))

For all I know she's an axe murderer in her spare time!

I know nothing about her. I know she made eye contact, and asked me my name after I asked hers! That's about it. She is usually pretty busy when she is working, so we have really hardly talked. It just adds to the "out of characterness" of the whole thing!

V
OP Offline
V
Had a calm weekend. Had the kids most of the time. I went golfing yesterday, was over the green on a par 5 in 2 (got the par), there was a bit of a tailwind, I think. Then finished par-par, including the hole that requires a whack over a lake to the fairway. No tailwind on that one. So I am ready to go out again. The kids wanted steak last night, so I grilled them some, and they liked it. London broil, not the best, but pretty cheap, and they liked it. And then bratwurst on the grill this afternoon.

I would have liked to made it to Fridays, but there really wasn't any way. I might be there Tuesday night, though!

Last edited by Virtually_Handsome; 03/29/10 04:47 AM.
V
OP Offline
V
Surprisingly enough, I ate at Fridays tonight...

Fridays lady has three kids, S5, S3, D1.5. She's been in Tucson about 3 months, come down because the kids' dad moved here to get back with an X, and she wanted the kids to be near him, and I guess she wasn't tied down at all. So, within a few weeks kids' dad decides he has made a huge mistake. But because of money they are living under the same roof, which is working great for the kids. She works in the evening, he works during the day. She did say she felt a bit guilty, as she is leading him on because she needs him right now. But that it is very over, and has been for a long time. (Do people trust me with stuff you wouldn't expect to here the first time you really talk to them?)

She's taking a course in real estate investment, and planning a business with some other women. She's hoping to be able to be working days by the fall, when her oldest starts school.

She's also a musician, she said she plays the guitar and sings, and is planing to record some music this year, as well. I asked if she played anywhere, and she said that she did almost every Friday before she moved down here, but hasn't since she moved here.

So, I know a lot more than I did, and I was right that she is interesting! I left my phone number, she also made it clear that she was hoping I'd be back soon. Trying to find a time to see her might be challenging, with her schedule and living arrangement. But, we will see!

K
K
Jeff,
the only thing worrying me is the...you guessed it, the living arrangement and what it means... Other than that, I am glad you are stepping waaaay out of your comfort zone...
Hugs
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Kalni)))))

The living arrangement is a lot scary. At this point I'm not going to worry about it. I mean, it's not like this is likely to be a long term thing, really. If it's even a "thing"! But, a friend is a friend, and I can do that, anyway!

Page 2 of 60 1 2 3 4 59 60

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard