Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
B
B
Forward, you can bet he has something up his sleeve. Keep one eye open!

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I don't know BH--he is so off in lala land that it could be anything or nothing. I keep my guard up, but for the most part, actions on his part have meant nothing and sometimes I think I am too paranoid.

Things that involve effort on his part seldom get done. After all, it took over two years for him to get around to following through with the divorce, and when he finally did, he didn't follow through with anything that involved any sort of additional work on his part.

That said, I suspect he doesn't much like the apt any more and maybe he will buy a house. Good luck with that as X really can't afford much on his own.

I would have to say that being neutral and dark seems to have elicited more response. I have firmer boundaries and am less willing to tolerate behavior that I used to put up with.

That said, I'm not trying to elicit response at this point as I have pretty much begun to see X as, well, an X.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

T
T
Forward,

We are oh so much on the same page. It feels kind of good does'nt it. I am too looking more at ex as my ex.

I would be very leary of his good intentions. They are extremely manipulative at this point.

I don't trust my ex one bit. He lies, cheats and steals. It took a long time for me to see him for what he is now.

You are doing so well......

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
While X did go off the deep end in many ways, his lying has been fairly tame through this whole deal (although I do suspect lies) and his anger seems to be dissipating.

Nonetheless, i do keep my eyes open. It is not as though he is suddenly all sweetness; that would definitely make me suspicious. it is more neutral and maybe even very slightly regretful.

I'm not convenient to blame any more as our contact is minimal and neutral, so hopefully he's foudn someone else to blame for all his problems now.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
X has made it clear that he is not willing to have D for one moment beyond what the agreement is.

To a certain extent I guess this is fair but it is still exasperating to me.

Had on a 7th grade T-shirt today.

Has slight--very slight--understanding of my situation.

I suspect he might be planning to marry OW this summer. This makes me realize that I have to make an effort to move my life further forward as well.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

B
B
Forward, I think you need to focus more on YOU instead of XW. He is going to do what he wants to do, that's not going to change.

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I still have a financial entanglement w/X and am not going to resolve it the way I was going to originally because of the work situation, which is very unstable and has me very nervous.

He was mad at me; not sure that I care.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Oo, I really don't think I will be keeping my job, groan. Looks as if I will know more tomorrow.

Well, everything else in my life has changed, so I guess this was next.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

M
M
Forward, you are doing brilliant, I see similatities in our sitchs, but I also see how we have both grown, we will come out on tops hun we will, keep strong and keep your guards up. x

F
forward Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I realized that I spent most of the weekend not thinking about X. He still appears grumpy and blaming even with the minimal interaction that we do have, and I am glad that I do not see him very much these days. He needs to be on his own dealing with the mess he created himself. And I need to heal.

I miss him, at times, but have begun to rebuild my life now. I wonder how much longer he will blame me for all his problems? Clearly I still seem to annoy him when I breathe.

Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard