Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
M
M
Found you!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Mishka - you had about as busy a weekend as me! Sheesh! You definitely are no couch potato!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
B
B
Hi Lola,
thanks for stopping by my thread. I need to read up on your sitch.

Single & loving it... I could use some tips!

peace
bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I was watching the news this morning, and saw a story about a couple being killed across the border from El Paso, in Juarez, Mexico, and I realize how lucky I am to have gotten out of there with the Tween safely.

There is so much unrest in Mexico with the cartels attempting to take hold right now. No one is safe in that area. Although it has not spilled over into the US yet, these latest murders took place mere feet from the border. I find this very sad since many people living in El Paso have family across the border that they love. The Hispanic culture is firmly rooted in family, and the thought of not being able to make a simple trip to enjoy a birthday party of a loved one without the worry of being shot is terrible.

So today I am thankful that my family lives safely. And I am thankful that I am in NY rather than El Paso.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

N
N
Just wanted to say hello and that I'm thinking about you.

Me: 31
H: 30
Son 2.5

Minnesota
B
B
I agree - it is a true tragedy what is going on in Mexico right now. The senseless killing of people is pathetic. Right now, Mexico is no where to be found on my places to visit.

B
B
Originally Posted By: LolaL
I was watching the news this morning, and saw a story about a couple being killed across the border from El Paso, in Juarez, Mexico, and I realize how lucky I am to have gotten out of there with the Tween safely.

There is so much unrest in Mexico with the cartels attempting to take hold right now. No one is safe in that area. Although it has not spilled over into the US yet, these latest murders took place mere feet from the border. I find this very sad since many people living in El Paso have family across the border that they love. The Hispanic culture is firmly rooted in family, and the thought of not being able to make a simple trip to enjoy a birthday party of a loved one without the worry of being shot is terrible.

So today I am thankful that my family lives safely. And I am thankful that I am in NY rather than El Paso.

My ex just went to El Paso to meet customers for his job. They were supposed to go to Juarez to meet the customers, but convinced them to cross the border and meet in El Paso. I don't want the father of my kids anywhere near Juarez! I googled it and it is officially the deadliest city in the world, on a % basis....yikes! Conditions are terrible there...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
That story of tragedy and fear hit me too. One of my clients just moved from El Paso to Houston. For the longest time he would fly out of Juarez instead of El Paso because it was cheaper and he could get a direct flight to Monterrey. He suddenly stopped doing that about 6 months ago and when I asked him he said that the violence had escalated to an extreme level and he wouldn't cross the border any longer even though he had been doing it his entire life. It's so sad to see the cartels taking over in a country that already has so many problems.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The violence in Juarez has been in existence for a long time. The last full year I was there the city had almost 2500 unsolved murders. The Mexican Army had declared martial law because the police department is so corrupt, and for a while things were better. But it was literally just the cartels regrouping to come on stronger. Many people will not cross over anymore, and the US Military is absolutely forbidden to go over. A few years back, one of the politicians from Juarez was shot, and rushed to an ER in El Paso, the one where the SG worked as a security guard. The guards at this hospital were pulling 12 hour shifts and SWAT was also guarding the hospital. So although the violence has yet to spill over, the repercussions of it have definitely affected the people living in El Paso.

SG has a polygraph to join the PD in El Paso, and I have to admit, I do worry a little about him. I don't want to see him hurt either, but wonder if the cartels do decide to bring the violence over the EP, what will happen? I still have other friends there that I worry about also. Thank God none of them cross the border.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Has anyone noticed an increase in phone calls from the x after the D is final?

M
M
Mine attempted an increase in communication (e-mail and texts) the week before the D finalized. *head shake* Freakin aliens.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard