Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
B
B
I still let the friendly banter phone calls get to me. Maybe not knowingly, but I will let my guard done and then be surprised/hurt again when things go south...

I know I still love my ex too for some crazy reason and that is why I allow myself to keep seeing his good side even when I know it isn't enough to make things right...

Hope your week gets off to a great start! smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
R
R
ah ha. I've found you! I missed a round of drinks, and some coffee. And some really great comments from a smart and strong woman.
I'll have some rum. Any mix you have is fine.
I think you are really skilled at understanding and expressing feelings. You are sounding great! I am so glad that your state of limbo has ended. And that you're finally reaching some personal happiness despite what happened. In particular I liked your comment about believing that there is a "divine" reason for this. (I forget how you put it exactly, but I think it's an important point.)
I have no need for a thread of my own. I have no situation. Disappointing, but it's what it is. Saying I'm separated has gone on a bit too long, in my case. I believe it's crossed the line into something way more serious than separated! There is no forum for severly severed. Wish I were in piecing, but that looks less likely as time goes by. Focusing on my business & my teen. If there's some reason MJG & I were just not meant to be, it has yet to make itself obvious. All I know is that I'm 50 yrs old. I don't have time to sit around heartbroken and miserable for a year or more every time a relationship doesn't work out. I've got to keep going on and be as happy as possible cuz time is moving forward quickly. I want to be happy. I know that's a mind state that I have control of, but the sadness is the final link to the man I love. Its all that's left of us. As awful as it is to live in that space, I've not reached a point that I can let it go.
So I really appreciate you sharing your experience here and take some comfort and hope in watching your journey. You've traveled far and done it well.
c u on fb!
xo

J
JCJ Offline
J
Quote:
And I have been doing this for, well geez, I guess going on three years now, so alot of the healing is done for me, and I am just moving into acceptance. I have discovered that sometimes, no matter what happens, you just have to have faith that there is a reason for it.

This is exactly how I feel.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: rinserepeat
In particular I liked your comment about believing that there is a "divine" reason for this. (I forget how you put it exactly, but I think it's an important point.)

Honestly, that is the only way I have gotten through this. I am not an overtly religious person, but I do believe each individual is entitled to their own relationship with their version of God. It depends on what you have been taught. But I also think it is a very personal relationship.

I read someplace that people take two steps when they are encumbered with a situation that is painful...either they turn away from their faith or it becomes stronger. I find great solice in my faith. When I am at my weakest, I do pray for the strength to get through it. And somehow, even if it is a second at a time, I do gather that strength.

I still love the SG. I have accepted I probably always will. But that doesn't mean that at some point, I cannot open my heart to love someone else either.

But first, I am really learning to love myself.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

~
~
Hi LolaL, Learning to love yourself is probably the most important revelation we can give ourselves. I am glad you mentioned this!

~Sol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Single Dad, and luvin it!
~ Happiness is a state of mind ~

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sol you're very right. Love and respect for self is very important in that it allows us to place the boundaries of what is acceptable and not acceptable. If you cannot have that for yourself, no one else will either.

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

M
M
Well said as usual Lola.

What did you do this weekend?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Not a damned thing. Well I did take the Tween to get her a haircut on Saturday, she wants to look like Alice from Twilight (rolling eyes). But she looks adorable. I wanted to watch 2012, but it is not out on PPV yet. So I just relaxed mostly. Did take a little drive along Lake Ontario on Saturday after dropping the Tween off by her uncle's house. It was windy and rainy, and I forgot what water looks like! LOLOL but it was great.

How about you?

M
M
Oh, I spent a lovely, rainy weekend getting a tire changed on my golf cart, two new tires, balancing, and oil change on my car (which no longer shimmies!!! YEA!), running Marc around to his social engagements, dealing with my mother who is worse than ever right now (I had to pick her up off the floor yesterday and clean her up which was NOT pleasant at all and I hurt my back), and running my uncle who has onset dementia up to the airport with my cousin to ship him off to his son's house in CA for a couple of months. Oh yeah, started cleaning my carpet with the new carpet cleaner I bought. I really put my tax refund to work....making more work for myself! smile

Sorry you asked? grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
LolaL Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am exhausted just reading it....

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard