Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
J
J
Isn't it though?

I did one at 110 mph outside of Pittsburg...

Managed to avoid the traffic in the East bound lanes...plowed through the median and almost but not quiet ended up in the West Bound Lanes.

my wife STILL won't let me forget about that one...like ever.

Which I don't get its not like she was in the car.

As for deer. Late late late one night I managed to avod a HERD of them in the middle of an old country road around a corner...swerved...and a late coming to the herd deer straggler jumped INTO my car...

Took out my passenger side mirror.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

K
K
D-
Just catching up. Glad you are OK! Sounds like a good interaction with your wife recently! NICE!

M44 H46 T21 Married 16y
D14 D12
Bomb 12/08(EA), (PA/Separation)1/09 to 5/09
Home/MC 5/09 to 12/09
Leaves 12/09 Files for Divorce
Divorce final 6/30/10.

H
H
Don't worry about what she says...just watch her actions; as actions speak much louder than words, especially in MLC.

Pay close attention when she speaks, sort the garbage because the truth is in there, but hidden in MLC speak.

They say alot of things and do many others. Worse than children sometimes.

Oh, so she says she's fallen off the face of the earth for awhile, and now she's back, eh? Quite a bit of truth to that.
They always called it being abducted by aliens back in the day when I was here before....I think, because things become so strange, and they act and speak so much like someone you don't know or actually never knew.

Things can change in a blink of an eye....or drag on for what seems like forever. Depends on them; and what issues they face along their journey down through the rabbit hole...I'm thinking of Alice in Wonderland tonight for some reason.

Again, this is your time now..work on yourself, watch her spin in the wind...nothing you can do for her right now except just wait and watch for a period of time.

The biggest question is what do YOU want out of YOUR life; the focus needs to be on YOU. When she went into no man's land, and put you on a path that was not of your own making...it made this about YOU...and you do need to take care of you. Time to take stock of what's there, your needs, and what you would like to do with this time; while you're in-waiting. smile And I don't mean do anything wrong, LOL!! (I re-read that last line and realized it could be taken wrong.) smile

Take care. smile

Last edited by HeartsBlessing; 02/18/10 07:14 AM.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
HB (and anyone else for that matter) here is my previous thread which will give you some background on my sitch.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1773726&page=1

Thanks for stopping by

D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
After re-evaluating the limited contact, I didn't feel it was right. THe 2 weeks backed away helped clear my head. I still want to be there as her friend, but I have to find the inner strength to say no sometimes. I'm a people pleaser and it's against my nature but I have to realize it is OK to say no.

We IM'ed on Facebook this morning and I simply told her that I couldn't not talk to my best friend. (how's that for a double negative)
She simply replied OK thanks smile

After that I feel at ease now and my gut tells me it was the right thing to do.

H
H
D,
I'm reading as I have time; don't want you to think I forgot you, as I haven't.

Sounds like you're following your instincts/intuition.
Don't think you're alone in being a people pleaser..I've been there, and saying no is drawing a boundary that everyone needs to do...if they can't they will burn themselves out trying to keep up. Besides the resentment, anger that follows because they have taken on too much.
On top of that, saying "NO" is also taking better care of yourself..it doesn't mean you're selfish; it just means you realize you can't handle EVERYTHING; and will only handle what you can and want to.

Like I have told others, I'm a truck driver; and I do what I can when I can; that's why I jump on and off like a grasshopper. smile

My husband is doing all right; still in a lot of pain, but as the days go by, he is sounding more and more like himself once again..the meds are not affecting his brain like they were. smile

He said yesterday that his foot was black and blue from the breaking of his ankle and the surgery they did on him...I know that will heal in time. smile

Thank you for checking on me. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Had a lengthy discussion with my SIL today. My wife's still deep in replay and is in search for that elusive happiness.

It seems as though she's contacting and trying to hook up with all her ex-boyfriends from when she was growing up. Apparently she was talking to one in January and was convinced he was the "one". He stopped talking to her and 2 weeks later she was contacting another ex-boyfriend from when she was 13 and telling her sister that their relationship was 21` years in the making. I just had to laugh. You can't make this stuff up.

job Offline
Yep, most definitely in replay. No, you can't make it up....it's too original not to be the real deal.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
D - sounds like you are taking it all in stride. Craziness! You sound good.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
D
D Money Offline OP
OP Offline
D
For the most part it wasn't bothering me, but I've had some anger rise up. Time to work out.

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard