Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Friends,

My old thread is buried and I feel it is best to start this new year off with a fresh thread!

I am 34 and have been legally separated since Nov. 17th, 2009. My H and I were married for 10 years. He dropped the bomb on March 2, 2008, moved out in April of 2008 under totally false pretenses, loads of BS happened that I don't care to rehash unless it would help somebody reading this and a nearly two year legal battle happened. My H had an affair. I guess "had" is the wrong verbiage as he is still with his affair almost two years later.

C
OP Offline
C
Ugh, my screen started jumping all over the place!

Continuation from above:

I have no contact with my H (my choice) unless it is about our Agreement.

I am going back to school next week to study law. YIKES! Who knew?! I am so excited and can't wait! I think I might have found my calling as I find the entire scope of law fascinating, especially in my state! I have not been in school since 1997, the year I graduated from college, but I think things will go just fine (I hope, lol!).

Every single poster here inspires me or teaches me something each day. The human spirit is amazing and resilient and if you EVER question that take some time reading the threads here. Thank you for sharing all you do and thank you for having me!

I am okay. I am happy. Once in a great while I will have a *very* brief moment where I think of or miss my H but I must admit those are very few and far between. He has not changed a bit and when I do have to deal with him I quickly remember why life is so much better without him!

So, an update on my situation....

My H is lagging his feet executing his part of the Agreement and we are approaching the two month mark so he has had ample time. If he has time to go to hockey games and party then he has a few hours to address what needs to be addressed.

Today he sent me a very odd message that said he now understands what I mean about solutions and open communication and he just knows if we do that things will be okay. He found out I was going back to school and he did wish me well and tell me he always thought I would be an excellent attny but his whole message had a very "sad vibe". He asked about my dog and complained ad nauseum about work (same old, same old).

My H is the BS master so I put zero stock in what he says and unless he dropped his GF and went to C'ing I would not even consider looking his way. The night before our separation became final he weeped to me that he will never let me down again, he will do WHATEVER he has to do to earn my trust and respect back and blah, blah, blah. Never heard from him after that unless he needed paperwork. He did text me on T-day and I never responded. He waited three weeks then reamed me on e-mail for hurting his feelings on T-day and he guesses he better get used to me treating him this way.

To this day he says the affair is not his fault! LOL! I think his GF is nuts because he is not "allowed" to talk to me and he is not allowed to mention me in her presence.

I messaged him back and told him I was unsure what he was talking about but the only communication necessary at this point was the final aspects of our Agreement.

Anyhow, enough about him!

We are strong, we will prevail and have amazing lives!
xoxox,
Citygirl

D
D
CG -

So glad you've started a new thread. I wanted to post to you that I'd love to be your Goal Buddy, but I was hesitant to post on Kev's thread, as I'm not going there.

Great to read how everything is moving along so happily for you. It's inspirational to read about people so devastated to lose a spouse, only to find out later that it's the best thing that ever happened to them. I know that's how I feel.

Haven't been posting much, BIL's death in November has hit everyone here hard, but I do follow along.

Anyway, love the New Year, New Thread and New You!! I'm also in school, not for law, but I know you'll love it.

Take care - I love you how love your life. You remind me of me -- if you were 45 w/4 kids!!

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
K
K
You go, CG!

You are an amazingingly strong woman and I wish you the very best in your legal studies. Your H has lost a very good woman from what I can see.

You deserve every good thing that is coming your way.

Can't keep a good woman down
C
OP Offline
C
Oh, I am so sorry about your BIL. I always think about you! Wishes of peace and comfort to you and your family. I am just so sorry for all of you.

I would love to be your goal buddy! And YEAH for being back in school!

Thanks for stopping by!

P.S - "they" (whoever they is) say 45 is the new 35 smile

D
D
I saw on Pearl Harbor's thread that she just bought blue suede shoes.

I bought purple suede Louboutin sling backs - great sale price. Love them!!

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, Kara! You are strong too and you like purses and shoes so I bet we have lots in common smile

Less than a year ago my Lupus fell out of remission and I was so ill it was not even funny. I also suffered from severe anxiety that manifested to a panic disorder due to stress. My point? I MADE IT on my own. It was not easy. Each day I REQUIRE myself to find one new and positive thing to think about. I have lots to work on but I am on my way!

D
D
Except I forgot - I'm 46!! Need to change that!

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
C
OP Offline
C
Louboutin's.... oh hell ya! A good pair of Louboutin's (is there a bad pair I wonder?) can fix just about whatever ails ya!

D
D
I agree - and since I'm only 5'2", they boost me up to almost 5'7". Love it!! I can even run in them, which comes in handy when teaching special needs three and four year olds!

Sometime we can delve into handbags, another deadly addiction of mine.

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard