Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30
K
K
Sex anywhere would be good right now!!
I do sound desperate, dont I? Who cares...?

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
OP Offline
V
Hello! I'm glad you all found me!

Eggnog (I've been using brandy, but Stoli will work!), Baileys, peppermint AND butterscotch schnapps, hot chocolate... it's all good! Kalni, you looking for a Jack?

The menu.... well, pretty much anything that we can cook on the grill, pies, cheesecake, lasagna.... heck, if it's edible, it's on the menu!

I'm going to work backwards as bit... something hit me this morning that I think we all forget sometimes!

I played golf yesterday (it was a bit over 70 degrees, sorry!) and hit several of the best drives I have ever hit. Straight and long. On the 18th hole (that's the last one!) there's a lake. You either have to carry about 200 yards, or go around it, almost certainly adding a shot. I used to play around it, but lately I've been trying for over, sometimes with success, sometimes not. Yesterday, I hardly even looked at the water. Instead I was looking at where I wanted the ball to be when it got to the other side. There's a bunker on one side, and a little creek that runs into the lake on the other, so there's not a really huge area to hit to. But I looked down there, and just picked where I wanted the ball to end up. Then I hit it jsut where I wanted... though perhaps even farther than I expected! When I hit the ball there wasn't even a question of whether it was going to clear the water, it was like the water wasn't there. What's my point? I think we all act way too much out of fear in our situations. When we take the fear out of it (in this case, the fear of the water), we can do things that we never imagined we could do!(That drive was 260 yards, straight as an arrow... no wind, not downhill, just whacked!) When we let our fear control us (look at the the lake, and make the whole point of the swing to avoid the water), guess what seems to happen more often than not? SPLASH!

We spent a lot of your time worrying that we were going to do something to "lose" our spouse. We were focused on that lake... we needed to focus on improving our lives, hitting the fairway beyond the lake! Doing that, the lake takes care of itself. Will the marriage be saved? Maybe, maybe not. But I think we give it the best chance, and we make sure that at the end, we are the best we can be, either way.

V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: Kalni
Sex anywhere would be good right now!!
I do sound desperate, dont I? Who cares...?

Well, I guess maybe this is the time to mention that last week I put the infamous mattress out of its misery. I have a brand new (ok, it was a floor model) mattress! Now I need to get the doors that are being stored under the bed out of there, and the risers the bed is sitting on out! The new mattress is a lot thicker than the old one, and I almost need a step ladder to get into bed!

K
K
Hmmm, what lake?

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
B
Great analogy Jeff - so very, very true. I've been splashing down in the water short of the fairway for much, much too long. Oh and since you're serving, a bit of the ole Irish Whiskey for me will do nicely!

S4H

V
OP Offline
V
XW seems to be stressing her way through the holidays. Friday I get the impression the younger two kids were acting like kids that just got out of school for Christmas. They were a little wound up. XW was planning to take the three younger kids to see Avatar (actually she also invited me, since the kids had already been planning to take me). The tickets were bought, and she had taken the younger two to a furniture store on the way to the theater. I was bringing S20 and my dad and his wife (who had unexpectedly arrived a day early) separately. Anyway, I guess the kids accidently broke a $30 vase at the store, and she paid for it. She called me, sounding very upset, and wanted me to pick up the kids and take them, so that she could go home. (This is her normal behavior. She likes to punish herself.) I told her I could not do it, I did not have room in the car. I get the feeling (yes, a little mind-reading) that she may miss having someone else to blame for the little mishaps in life. I don't miss the job!

Anyway, the movie was fun, and everyone survived!

The plan was that XW was going to take the three younger boys skiing, leaving yesterday, and skiing to day. It was going to be S11's birthday present, since he turns 12 Thursday. Unfortunately, he woke up sick yesterday, fever of 100.4 and feeling rotten. So I had to call her, and tell her that he was sick. He went over to spen the day with her (she is mom!). I hear that he is still under the weather today.... it's not fair when you get sick on days off school!

Last edited by Virtually_Handsome; 12/21/09 09:15 PM.
V
OP Offline
V
((((Kalni)))))

Not so much a lake, as a golf course pond! But this is Arizona, so it's a lake!

V
OP Offline
V
Kalni! What beach?

(Also a silly mood!)

Last edited by Virtually_Handsome; 12/21/09 09:19 PM.
S
S
Jeff, you need to find a date to take out golfing. But then again, would you have the concentration to make the shots over the lake with a nice lady watching you tee off?

M
M
Good job on the golfing! Great analogy.

Interesting the XW is feeling the holidays. Seems like maybe she actually is realizing that you did support her in ways she's forgotten lol.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard