Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 109 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 108 109
M
M
Luv, you hold him! I'll smack the sh*t out of him!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
G
G
Originally Posted By: mindfull
Luv, you hold him! I'll smack the sh*t out of him!!!

ROFLMAO!!! laugh laugh laugh

And the reason you're feeling down is... ???!!!????!!!!???

Where are your three things you were going to do for yourself today?

Did you think I was going to forget?

Feedback on your behavior coming up in the next post.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
M
M
*whisper to Luv* "Whose behavior is he talkin' about, YOURS or MINE?"

Yes, LUV, exactly what have you done for yourself today (besides beat your head against the wall due to a jerk H...)? Hmmmmm?

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
LOL you guys are on me huh? I love it. I haven't done a damn thing today for myself other than talk to my friends - that has helped! I just took a shower and got cute (is what I call it) you know when you look icky and you need to look cute? smile

mind - you can be my teammate anytime! I love your moves.

guys I have to admit I haven't done anything for me today - I've been sulking a little..feeling that I wanna give up feeling. I don't know..am feeling defeated at the moment but numb and mad and all kinds of stuff running through my head. If my H read this he'd think - wow what is wrong with her it's not that serious. I guess it just shows how long this has affected me and how it stirs up raw emotions.

luv sucks today

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
G
G
Originally Posted By: luvless
I know I'm still walking through 3 foot weeds!

And don't forget the 19 years of bad behavior on both sides of the wall.

He came home yesterday (again no kiss) and a matter of fact kinda attitutde. I don't get it - what's your deal dude? anyway was in no mood to be irritated so I let it be.

Remember our points game? +1 pt. Score: 1.

He usually cleans up the kitchen (his forever duty) unloads dishwasher and picks up but he left a mess. He's been acting like a kid lately stomping his feet cuz he has to help. So I say, "can you pick this up a little" he starts raising his voice and says, "what if I don't want to?"

Lesson: You're not his mommy, you're his wife. Treat him like a kid and you're going to get your buttons pushed.

He knows what his duties are... if he doesn't do them... don't say a word. Leave his mess there. DO NOT TOUCH it or clean up after him. Look on the bright side of this. If the dishes aren't done you don't need to cook. When mealtime comes get takeout or something for yourself and the kids. If he asks where the food is, answer matter-of-factly, "Couldn't cook." If he asks why, shake your thumb in the direction of the kitchen and don't say a word.

irks me to my soul when he acts like this! I kept a calm voice while he is raising his. He is irritated and starts picking up. He does it (took him a whole 10 mins)

+1 pt. Score: 2
Feedback: See what happens? Don't play mommy. Avoid reacting to these situations. 1 pt for keeping calm voice.

so I sent him a text (have a good day - love u) no response - the resentment building.

Resentment is because you have expectations. When you get rid of the expectations you'll relieve the stress of the resentment. I know... this is hard. Very hard.

I try and let him be to figure stuff out on his own. I try but I see him struggle so I help/suggest but I guess that doesn't work.

No, it doesn't.

I just want him to know I'm here but he never comes to me with his problems.

He won't L. He's a male.
Right your cycle goes like this:
- You expect him to do something or act in a certain way.
- He doesn't.
- You get hurt because he doesn't 'get you'
- You release some of that in some way
- He gets hurt because he has failed
- He lashes out, you get hurt more
- You lash out, he gets hurt
And it goes on and on.

We're working here on you breaking the cycle because he doesn't get it and doesn't know how to do it himself. The easiest way to do this is to LOWER your expectations.

I agree we are both focusing on the negative right now and guilty of that.

And that locks you both in the above cycle.

It's like a power struggle I guess. He is asserting his power over me and I don't like it.

And likewise you're doing the same and he doesn't like it either.

I'm dealing with a man who shuts down and refuses to acknowledge his part. The refusal is what bothers me most. It's all my fault don't you know? I'm the one "fighting."

No, you both share equal responsibility. Unfortunately, you're the one here and he isn't so you have to be the 'bigger man' here.[/quote]

So end results... score: 2 pts so far.

Some errors. Nothing big. You're doing well so here's a bonus point for you to keep in mind: When your H senses he is not going to be reprimanded for some little thing or other he will relax his guard. When that happens he will start opening up to you.

This doesn't mean you give him free reign and swallow all his crap. Let the little things slide. By all means call him out on your important boundaries: e.g. His bad behavior when your friend came over. (I hope I've got the right sitch here... LOL)

K
K
Some people call it 'the rubberband effect'. Wave and smile...
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
if you haven't already. what were you doing different when things were better? or what was he doing different? what were the outside influences...like have there been changes in the house, or job, or was he exercising then, and not now, or were you fixing up yourself a lot then, and your not so much now, etc...

you didn't comment on the books I mentioned. Have you read them?

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
G
G
luv sucks today

Luv sucks today because she lets herself suck. <SMACK>

This is why GAL is so important! and why I'm harping on you for the THREE things you're gonna do. I'd like to see them first thing in the morning. You pop in here and list them along with your status report of the previous days goals.

L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
ST - we have both been working on how we talk to each other - that makes the big difference. He lost his high paying job yeah and didn't find one for 5 months! but we weren't having any R problems at that time. How I look doesn't make a whole lot of difference I don't believe - but I did lose 30 lbs since last year and have kept them off - need to lose some more but look better for sure.

Definately HIM working made things way better...way better. It showed and I actively told him what it meant to me and how I appreciated his efforts....so I just don't get it.

Here we are again...worse than ever with a WAH or WAW...let's see

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
L
luvless Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I know I'm such a disappointment today huh G? He called after work and said, ok I'm coming home...I was lagging as to end the convo and he says, "so we doing anything" I tried to be nice and said, "yeah if you want to" - looking back I shouldn't have said if "you" want to.

I hope tomorrow I'll have a better attitude. I don't want to think you are wasting your precious and valuable time here with me. You guys - specially G has pulled me through some rough days.

I'm scared to see how tonight goes - I just don't know

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
Page 13 of 109 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 108 109

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard