Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well I was not too impressed with the Dr. visit. It was only the second time I have seen this gyn and I wasn't too blown away the first time...I picked her out of a list in our insurance book b/c her office was next to a hospital so I knew where to find it...

Not to be mean, but when I walked in it is like a free clinic. Packed with people, most not speaking English and not real hygienic...for my annual exam/pap in Aug I saw her for about 90 seconds. She didn't ask any questions, took a sample, and out the door.

This time I saw her for almost 3 whole minutes maybe...she came in, asked about my symptoms (heavy bleeding and bleeding between periods). She plugged in the ultrasound. 10 seconds later said "ovaries look good", then she said my uterine lining looks thin and that there was "a little fluid in there, maybe you had a cyst rupture". Sorry, but maybe???? Is that the most definitive she could be?

So she turned off the machine and said that I should watch it and if it comes back next month come in and they will give me birth control pills to help...

So I guess just monitor and see.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
B
B
Those kind of visits are so frustrating! It's like why did I even bother coming in and wasting my time. How are BCP's going to help a ruptured cyst? Seems like a good time to throw the "I want a second opinion flag".

S4H

J
J
I guess the medical care in the US. is similar to what we have up here. Sometimes, I think our animals get more attentive care than we do.
Hang in there BBJ...I guess on the positive side she does not seem worried one bit....maybe it is just a one time thing...stress related.

K
K
I would maybe change doctors. I am older than you are and have had polysystic ovarian disease since my late 20's. When a cyst burts I usually have a sharp pain on that side but I don't have "extra" bleeding though I think some women may spot. I am on the pill to keep my hormones from creating the extra cysts, not because I need them for any other reason. frown

Just a thought. kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
A
A
Hey Bobbi, I agree with Kat.. go to another doctor.

I had a ruptured cyst and a) it hurts like hell. I had to be taken to A&E and couldnt walk it hurt so bad.. a sharp pain on one side taht you cannot ignore, like Kat (mine was big, so maybe thats why it hurt so bad !!)
b) If it was that anyway, you would need checking out afterwards properly because it can cause a very deadly infection. They do offer birth control for this problem (I declined it).

If theres free fluid present, that can be from a ruptured cyst but can also be a symptom of uterine muscle and ovarian cancer I believe, not necessarily malignant. But it probably isnt that.. still best to double check hey !
Hugs xxx

M
M
I'm throwing my hat into the 'get a second opinion' ring.

Yes John, sadly our medical care isn't any better here than it is up your way. Just CRAZY EXPENSIVE!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Bbj,
what's going on? Are you keeping secrets from us?
Hope you are ok...
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
M
M
It has definitely been too many days BBJ....I'm going to have to get over on FB and pester you. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am alive! Haven't posted bc there is really nothing to post...

I had an awesome time at the marathon relay. Cut 2 minutes off my leg (5 miles), and ran the last 1.2 miles with the rest of the team. Our team was 10 minutes faster than we were last year, yay! smile Excited to do some more races. Was invited to a cross-country race at Living History Farms (includes jumping over a creek eek ) in November...

Still chatting with the guy on Match. Not the one from August, this guy and I started talking about 10 days ago. He is a runner and invited me to go for a jog some time. I might go.

Dan and I are at a stand-still. The last we spoke about the D was almost 2 weeks ago when I asked yet again about the paper. He said at the time he would get it done, I asked why the hold-up and he said he "wasn't looking forward to it". Which could be for a million reasons but I am not a mind reader.

I suppose I can drop it and leave things as they are, but I don't want to. I am not interested in staying in this limbo/impassse any more. It's funny b/c a year ago I would probably have been happy he hadn't returned the papers yet but now it just bothers me.

So I can bring it up more pointedly or I can just serve him. I know the consensus would say serve him but I just hate going that route.

Besides he leaves today to go to Canada for a week. Gets back Sunday night and then leaves the following Sunday for 12 days in Asia. So he won't be around much the next month basically.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
Yeah, I know you hate the idea of serving him, but you know Dan and you KNOW he is doing this (not signing) in order to continue to control you. STOP LETTING HIM!
Quote:
So he won't be around much the next month basically.

And that will be Dan's next excuse as to why he hasn't signed.

You have 1 week in which to get him served. Do it. Make the arrangements now and be done with it.

Good job on the run time. I'm so impressed! I've never been able to run more than a dozen yards at a time so anyone who does amazes me.

Last edited by mishka422; 10/20/09 03:11 PM.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard