Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32
I
I
Hey odog, just wanted to pop in to offer support, as I have been following your sitch.

I hope you are doing well today, and will continue to do better and better!

M: 41
STBXW: 41
D: 9
Bomb: 4/26/09

On board the D train now..

"Suffering is when we try to change what we cannot."
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks all.

I was thinking this morning this Black Dog has a good reason for hanging around with recent Div paperwork finalized and some bigger questions I've been facing. Nonetheless I need to be careful he doesn't stay too long.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Dia,

In response to your post on A&K's thread here is my current self-care regimen:

- 8,000iu/day D3 in the form of Carlson D-Drops
- 4000mg Fish Oil
- MultVit
- Exercise 3-4 days a week (will bump it up in Dec.)
- SAD light 30min/day (just started for Fall)
- Sleep
- No alcohol (O'dog is working on becoming a permanent non-drinker. So far so good. Some social challenges but I don't really miss it).

I'll try the B vits you mentioned. Probably shouldn't try the St John's Wort or 5-HTP because I take Cymbalta (fourth AD I've tried. Kinda' works.)

Have a routine visit to Pdoc scheduled in early Nov. I'll let him take a look at my mood charts and discuss events.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
D
Dia Offline
D
Looks good!

Re: SAD - I get it sometimes and I live in freakin' Cali. wink My sis tried just about everything in the AD department and Welbutrin was the only one that really worked for her.

For the B-12, the sublingual ones dissolve under your tongue. Trader Joe's will have them, if they're near you.

Hang in there.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
O
OP Offline
O
SAD in Cali? I lived in the Pacfic NW and it was tough enough there. At my current location 61' north it's reeeeaaally bad. On the flip side, in June I'm out doing runs and rides until way late (10, 11, 12p...)

Wellbutrin made me too anxious. A brief time at a higher dosage caused all sorts of probs. Different strokes for different folks.

A
A
Originally Posted By: orangedog
Thanks all.

I was thinking this morning this Black Dog has a good reason for hanging around with recent Div paperwork finalized and some bigger questions I've been facing. Nonetheless I need to be careful he doesn't stay too long.

Man, I wanna thank you for that quote that you sent me. That, and Coach's Stockdale Principle are sorta my mantra right now. The divorce is gonna be costly...especially financially, but also big time emotionally and mentally.

You are a good man. So am I, now, but I messed up badly over the years and now I'm suffering because of it. Take care of yourself...always.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks.

You will do OK.

Last edited by orangedog; 10/07/09 08:45 PM.

O
OP Offline
O
The She is poking at the dog. Concerned the kids are bored at his house.

You can read the post at Surviving the D.

O
OP Offline
O
Just dropped the kids off. The She was nice. Traded me a set of silverware to help deal with plugs on her new TV. Didn't bring up the 'kids are bored' issue but I was ready to deal with it.

A few things rattling through the dog brain:

1. Budget: I'm not saving enough (outside of retirement). I'm running close to the line each month and wondering if I need to consider a cheaper place...hmmm. That and groceries are my only big areas to cut back (no cable, no landline, used-paid-off car, no major purchases lately except used motorcycle, etc.) I've always hated dealing with money. I'm going to watch the next few months carefully.

(more later)

O
OP Offline
O
2. Relocation: Why do I dream about being somewhere else when I could never leave my pups? How do I work out this internal struggle?

3. Why am I here (on the board that is)? : This whole thing is like recovering from a major injury and now the O'dog has to learn how to run again. I'm trying to see what happened in the past (not necessarily to make sense of it because it won't make sense). The work I'm doing now is a little like physical therapy; strengthen, relearn, recover. And like PT, sometimes it's hard and it hurts. There will be some permanent scars and maybe loss of mobility.

O'dog says sorry to Prof. Smiley for dozing off during one or two of his lectures on "Marital Theory and Development in the Post...something or another...Era". Full recognition is given here that Smiley has his own work to do and this is part of it.

O'dog doesn't want to spend too much time mulling his own past but needs to recognize that unless he wants to repeat it then some reflection is necessary.

Page 26 of 32 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard