Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Getting mildly frustrated...not like I am in a hurry so I can go marry somebody else...but still...

The guy says he wants us to get back together. Then he dumps me in an email, saying he will give me whatever I ask for. That he cannot find the 'spark' for me, so he will prove himself as a father to our kids, etc etc.

He said in that email to me and to ow, that he was moving forward with his life after the hell of the past 2-3 years of indecision, and he "encouraged (us) to do the same". Yep, he said that.

So, if that is the case, why hasn't he notarized the receipt of service? Why has he not commented on the draft I sent him Monday of our terms? Sigh.....

I know you predicted this Jeff, calling him a 'man of inaction'. Seriously, though. With such a momentous email coming from him--from his pov, you would have had to read the whole email, it was like he was finally putting down the burden of living all the lies and trying to be with both of us, etc etc, finally moving forward with his life instead of leading anybody on...

Then why not get the proverbial show on the road?

And even if I am not trying to 'DB' him, I refuse to be the nagging moquito in his ear...

"When are you going to sign the receipt?"
"Did you look over the terms I wrote up
?"

So, short of having him served--I still don't want to play that card since I want him to sign off on the settlement we came up with before the anger strikes again--any ideas??

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
J
J
Hey BBJ, isn't it ironic that both you and K are waiting for your husbands to act in order to move on. You both have been waiting so long and now your husbands are still making you wait....
I have always said that the divorce (for me) is just a piece of paper. You need to move on in your minds. If I did not go through this myself I would be incredulous that two women like you and K are still stuck some how. It is difficult...I know. As I told K today, I wonder what I would do if XW came back and pulled the right strings. After a while regardless of your religious beliefs, it does not make sense anymore.
So my suggestion to you both is to try to rebuild and try to turn the page. Talk to yourself like I do (and did) and maybe you may start believing what everybody knows, you guys deserve so much more.
As far as signing the receipt is concerned, he sent you an email..."reply" to it with the request above (ie. sign the receipt please). After all he put you through, you should not only put a mosquito in his ear but you should swat it with a heavy instrument.

L
L
Maybe he was lying in the email,...to both of you.

V
V
(((((BobbiJo)))))

Grrrrrr......

I don't have any brilliant thoughts. It would be easy to say "have him served", but if ugly Dan shows up the rest of the process might be a lot messier.

Maybe you can drop a hint somehow... not sure how though. Have I ever mentioned that I don't like Dan?

S
S
I self served my wife. I told her she had 10 days to sign acknowlegement or my attorney would have the Sheriff serve her at her work. She used almost all the 10 days.

B
B
I like Kerrys approach. Call him tomorrow (today) and tell him if he doesn't have the documents notarized by Friday, you will have no choice but to have him served by the county sheriff. He's going to drag his feet to suit his needs not yours.

S4h

E
E
BBJ..

have his ass served...

as long as you allow Dan to control things he will..

and FWIW...if the shoe were on the other foot DAN would have had you served...for sure..

you ladies are way too nice..

you tell Dan it's on, it's on like donkey kong..

M
M
You know they say "nice guys finish last"....well nice girls finish last because we allow ourselves to be walked on while believing we are being 'kind and keeping the peace'. Stop being nice BBJ! Where has it gotten you?

Sorry, that was harsh, but seriously........DAN IS A CONTROLLING, MANIPULATIVE, A$$!!!!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

E
E
Here's the deal BBJ...

I don't beleive that Dan will go through this process without legal representation..if he does then he is stupid..and dan is a very smart manipulative guy..he's proven that time and time again..

I also don't beleive dan will just give you what you want..it matters not what you guys write down on paper now..until he signs an official paper/document...he can promise you the moon..

I call bullchitt on Dan...

In the words of "The Rock"

"Can you smell it??" "Can you smell what Dan is cookin?"

beleive half of what you see and nothing that he says..

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Lotus
Maybe he was lying in the email,...to both of you.

Lying about which part? The part where he was moving on with life? The part where he wasn't getting legal rep? The part where all he has is mine take what I want? Or all of the above? Not sure what you meant...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard