Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 32 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 31 32
O
OP Offline
O
Set a border indeed! It bugged me to hear her talk about what I was doing wrong as a dad and what I should be doing. Meanwhile she was the one who started the sep and D so she would have to deal with me. Can't have it both ways.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
I need a plan for dealing with the Big Questions otherwise they will continue to bother me.

1. Work: Is this the right place? Am I doing the right thing?

2. Location: I enjoy this place in most respects. It's easy. Pays well. No big city problems. Great summers. But I HATE THE WINTERS. I just can't hack the darkness and cold anymore. But what am I supposed to do? Move to Kona and leave my kids behind?

I don't have to do anything yet. In fact I would prefer not to do anything for 6 months or so. But I need a way to think through it. Ideas?

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
D
Dia Offline
D
band-aid fix: get a few of those SAD lights and take St. John's Wort and/or 5-HTP and Vit D2 (not D3) through the winter.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks.

Thanks Dia,

1. Got a small SAD light but maybe I need something bigger - like a streetlight turned on it's side.

2. Haven't tried St.Johns Wort yet because not sure how it will interact with AD Rx (Cymbalta). Might try 5-HTP.

3. Tested last year for Vitamin D and I was low (as is most everyone up here). Since then taken 8000iu Vitamin D2 daily (Carlson D-Drops).

4. Planning for vacation on Big Island in March. That will provide some sun and some fun.

Last edited by orangedog; 09/18/09 05:56 PM.

O'dog, do you get outside in the winter? I have found that playing in the snow helps me not hate it as much! And I started tanning in the winter, I know, I know, but you can even wear sunscreen! Its just nice to be warm and have those lights glowing on you for a few minutes.

People with snow machines (I refuse to call them sleds) seem like they cant wait for it to snow!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
O
OP Offline
O
I get out and train some in the snow but need to do more. xc skiing, downhill moguls, running.

Yeah, I'm going to try the tanning thing this winter. There's a place just a block away.

I've done a little snowmachining but don't have my own. I've already seen a sledhead or two driving around with machine in the back of the truck. There's not even dust on the hills yet. Now that's looking forward to winter!

O
OP Offline
O
Early day. Took kids on a family meetup.com thing - hike up small hill then visit to a farm. Lotsa fun and few squabbles.

Later. Supercross w/ xW and kids in the local sports place (kinda small as arena was built for hockey & basketball but it worked). Lotsa fun and few squabbles. Youngest was just aaaampped. Mood seemed fine w/ xW with an occasional inside joke here and there. Not bad for first "family" event in a long time.

Tomorrow. zen, then something dangerous and/or exhausting (mt bike? motorcycle?), then broadway show with w xW and kids.

B
B
Sounds like a good day! Haven't read all your old posts but you say you suspect vitamin deficiency is affecting you? Have you already been checked for soy, corn, wheat/gluten, milk, egg sensitivities?
For what it's worth: I found that I was highly sensitive to one of those and cutting it out of my diet eliminated my years of depression. (This was a surprise side-effect because depression runs in my family and I used to think there was nothing I could do about it.) However even after years on the new diet, I still wasn't getting my energy back - not depressed but tired all the time. Store Vitamins were not helping until I finally broke down a few weeks ago and bought some expensive special vitamins (had to mail-order them) that I used to take when I was younger. I am starting to finally get my energy back... I really must have been so deficient in vitamins for ages! No wonder H got frustrated with me. frown

A
A
O'Dog, you sound like you're doing good right now. Keep it up. Stay consistent in your words and actions, and demonstrate change. Strive to be strong, powerful, confident, secure, and compassionate.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
O
OP Offline
O
buttercup - Haven't been checked for food sensitivities but I should look into it.

Antlers - thanks. just keepin on.

Page 21 of 32 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard