Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32
O
OP Offline
O
W called again today to discuss kid plans and to say that she and BFF are in no-speaking land.

--
WomanFriend was near angry about it. "Don't you come to her rescue. She got herself into this... and if you're not careful this will all get turned around and blamed on you." I assured her I was staying out of the middle.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Fun time with kids but I was a little worn out by the time they left.

Zen master from Japan visited our sangha. Full Moon ceremony last night. Zazen and teisho this morning. Amazing.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Notes.

1. The alch consumption has crept up lately. I've felt stupid about it. Time to knock it off. Maybe entirely.

2. O'dog thinks about meeting others...but bars, eharmony, CL personals? O'dog thinketh not. O'dog might be by himself for a long time but would prefer to hit it off in a more genuine way.

T
T
I think you are right about bars, but if you are ready, I wouldn't be so hesitant about Match.com, etc. Think about it - in a normal day, how many NEW people do you meet? Now of those new people, how many are eligible women?

If you are ready, then the goal is to MEET new women. Your chances of meeting people who are compatible is higher on one of the match-up services than it is at the supermarket produce aisle.

And at a minimum, it can't hurt.

Last edited by Thinker; 09/07/09 06:09 PM.

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
O
OP Offline
O
BFF is moving out at the end of this month. Reasons: struggle with xW, money troubles, and those noisy kids.

Thinker, you might be right. Besides, my supermarket produce pickup lines still need some work. (There's that one about melons but...uh...never mind). I think I really just want friendship. Nothin' heavy. Dating can seem so fakey and overcommitted. I just want to hang out and do casual things.

A
A
Originally Posted By: orangedog

I think I really just want friendship. Nothin' heavy. Dating can seem so fakey and overcommitted. I just want to hang out and do casual things.

Nothin' wrong with that attitude orangedog. Friends are a gift from God, and you can never have too many. You're right about it being "fakey and overcommitted". Hanging out and doing casual things is a good thing. Stay going strong and consistent...for you.

ps - did 75 miles on my bicycle this morning. Rode with a group of pretty fast riders...what a workout! I did 800mg of Motrin and a Michelob Ultra afterwards to initiate healing.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
O
OP Offline
O
Mixed moods past few days. Whatever was working mid-summer isn't working now.

I'm too tired to write everything. Maybe tomorrow.

Apparently I'm getting drawn into xW's and BFF money issues. I thought I sold a motorcycle this spring to pay off a tax bill. And I thought that BFF was living at xW's house in exchange for watching kids. WTF!

O
OP Offline
O
I don't owe anybody anything.

K
K
Keep a weather eye on that black dog, my friend. Might not be a bad idea to journal so you can see where your mental state is trending. *Definitely* keep an eye on the sauce.

You can do it, skipper!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist ... the board version of my favorite greeting card ever: a blue sky displays yellow balloons complete with smiley faces. Card opens to reveal message, "Feel better or I'll send you something even more disgusting than this".)

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
K
K
You ok, dawg?

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
Page 18 of 32 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard