Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
#181563 09/25/03 07:09 PM
OP Offline
puck - wow, thanks for missing me. i thought about all my new friends on this bb the whole time i was away (except for those times i needed to pay attention) - i am going to go back over to your thread to see about your confusion. you sounded so well put together when i last read, but i know that these things rise and fall - we are all here to support.

the whole security issue ... how we take that so much for granted when just plotting along in life. yes it was very grand to hear him talk of us raising the kids together. today the subject even came up of starting to put money away for our daughter for when and IF she ever decides to get married. he says "WE are responsible for the reception right?" - yes darling, the brides family usually is. what joy that brought to my heart. thanks so much for stopping by my pal

shiny - i FULLY expected an "i told you so" from you, and i well deserved it. what is really quite amazing is that as soon as i accepted that, my heart did feel better. it was as if a burden was lifted and the lightness that i have now makes me look differently at the sitch. so thanks so much for putting that little SEED into my brain.

andrew - gday to you my friend, and thank YOU for coming into my thread. looking forward to getting to know all you vets much much better

wanted to post a few of positives from yesterday...

1) when i called hubby to tell him i was in the driveway and have arrived home safely from my trip, he let out a "WOO HOO" and "welcome home" - i do believe he missed me

2) when i got myself settled and noticed that he cleaned the house before i came home, i immediately called him to thank him - he told me "i really didn't want you to have to come home having to clean up my mess" - now this is something because i usually come home from any away period to a complete mess. he was concerned about me, and that was sweet.

3) he asked me all about my training and he actually stopped what he was doing to listen, and listen intently - my my - what a shot in the arm - so i took and RAN with that one, and kept him occupied for about 20 minutes ... well HE ASKED!!!!

i feel so light and airy being in this forum. hehe

kitti

#181564 09/25/03 07:21 PM
Welcome to "Piecing" KK.

How very cool...you've got your picture up.

It's so nice to SEE others.

Talk to you down the road.

Jeannine
#181565 09/25/03 09:28 PM
S
S
Those positives are GREAT, KK!!

Sometimes we really have to dig for them...like "my headache isn't as bad today!"

May the lightness continue!!!

Shiny

#181566 09/26/03 01:36 PM
OP Offline
jeannine - yes it is a joy to put pictures to the faces we have come to know over the past. thanks for stopping by my thread

shiny - no kidding darlin - it's not that NOTHING positive happened yesterday it was just that it wasn't earth shattering, and sometimes you feel just too silly to post "i had a good hair day" today!

but here are my positives from yesterday:

1) i found a LOW CARB bagel that was actually REALLY REALLY good ... only 3 net carbs per bagel ... i came right home and had a bagle and cream cheese, something i have not had for 10 months ... boy did i savor each and every bite ... YUM YUM

2) hubby asked me to sit in his studio. no particular reason, he just wanted company and he warned that i would be bored but he wanted me in there anyway. so i grabbed some sewing that i had been putting off and sat in there with him. wow, asking me to spend time with him

3) my spanish training is coming along nicely - learned the whole alphabet!!!

that's called digging!!!

have a great day everyone!

kitti

#181567 09/26/03 02:00 PM
Hi Kitti,

I want to know the name of the bagel! I love bagels! It shows

Wow, that is great that he wanted you to spend time with him.

So please don't start posting in Spanish! My 2 years of HS Spanish won't get me very far.

I am so glad you had a pleasant low key day! I want some of those non crisis, calm, good days.

Hope you have a great day today and a wonderful weekend!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#181568 09/26/03 07:55 PM
S
S
Hi kk!

Are you kidding? Clearly she hasn't had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for positives, right all???

How about: "My lungs are taking in oxygen today?"

J/K!! That bagel sounds GREAT!! I used to eat them all the time until I read somewhere that the average jumbo bagel has the same calories as 6 slices of bread!!! PLEASE let that be misinformation!!!

I think it is GREAT that your H just wanted you near him, that's just so sweet!!!

And as for Spanish...96% in 11th grade Spanish has resulted in virtually NO recall of the language whatsoever. I DID retain a tad more of the 8 years of French classes...but one would hope so seeing as how our Country is bilingual!

Shiny

#181569 09/28/03 01:25 AM
Kitti,
Glad to see you over here in piecing! I knew you belonged here! I hope someday I will get here before you end up off this board! I'm over in MLC right now. Things are looking up for my sitch, finally. Even though I was very depressed for a while, I at least understand why. You sitch is going great, and I'm very happy for you!
Deb

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
#181570 09/29/03 12:47 PM
OP Offline
pam - these bagels are the bomb, i got them from my health food store, but there is a website
Bagels
they really are good. i just got the plain ones, but there are flavors, which i am sure are just as good. and don't worry about the spanish, i won't be speaking any in here that is for sure!

shiny - the calories on this one says 90 per bagel, which is NOT bad at all. but i did misread the lable, it's 6 grams of carbs per bagel, not 3, the serving size was for 1/2 a bagel. still well within my limits!

DEB!!! - girl, how i have missed you my sweet. i just now realized you were over in MLC - ugh, i am so sorry i haven't kept up with you, but now that i know where you are, i will be there i promise. sounds like things are getting a bit better for you!!!

i hate weekends, i can't ever get online when hubby is around

positives:

1) we were having a discussion on the phone saturday about finances (don't we always) and he wanted me to be sure i was secure about something so he said my name and then said DARLING - UM HUH? i haven't heard DARLING in what seems like years. that immediately warmed my heart!!!

2) he came into the kitchen with me on saturday night to do the DISHES with me. he rinsed and put them away. who is this man? not that he has never done dishes in his life, but he never does them with me!!! WOOHOO

3) we watched the race together, that was a catch 22. i enjoy the races but it brings back bad memories of the OW cause she was over at our house EVERY sunday to watch the race, even when i expressed my desire to hubby AND her that i wanted alone time with hubby. boy they musta been laughing about that. ok ok, positives, kitti, positives.

saw this in someone's post, and i thought it was EXCELLENT because it's an issue i deal with alot right now. i have to ingrain this in my head!!!

Quote:

Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.

motivational quote for the day...

Quote:

Can you really 'move a mountain'? Absolutely not. Though the phrase makes for a lovely analogy, it is a ridiculous proposition. At absolute best you can tunnel through one with enough dynamite. But some challenges are just not worth contemplating. Where, even if you can move a mountain, are you actually going to move it TO? And what kind of an advantage will you gain for all that effort? The sky is urging you to think very carefully about what could be possible if only you were to stop attempting the impossible!

i think that about sums it up!!!

kitti

#181571 09/29/03 03:37 PM
Hi Kitti,

I'm going to check out that web site. Thank you for the address. I love blueberry ones from the bakery! They love me back too.

Glad you won't be posting in Spanish.

Sorry you weren't able to come to my party Saturday. It was really nice!!! The BB friends are the greatest!!!

GREAT on the Darling! At least he discussions finances, David stresses and gets upset but doesn't talk to me.

Helped with dishes, I echo you!!! WOOHOO!

David and I always watched the races together. I don't watch them now that he has moved out. I don't think he does very often either.

You know I sometimes think of listing positives, then come up wit a negative connection to one.

Glad you turned that one around.

Love your motivational quote for the day.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#181572 09/29/03 05:47 PM
Kitti,
Hope I will be coming over here to piecing by the end of this year! It's one of my goals!LOL
Just checking in on you! You're doing great!
Deb

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard