Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
A
OP Offline
A
Lock and Load 25!!!!

Quote:
So there won't be a "drama queen busting her ass" FOR THEM....but a woman raising her children to be kind, loving, smart ADULTS....and if one of them pulls something like THIS to their spouse, gee A/K, will you just sit there and tell their spouse to "TRY"?????? wth? No, you'll 'splain behind the woodshed...

Sing it loud, sista...nail hit precisely on head!

Wouldn't it be nice if H's disorder was addressed? That is what it is, a disorder. Just saying, if it can't happen than ok, but one can dream.

Having an awesome stepdad is great (I have the best in the world) but the loose canon bio-dad does damage...Exhibit A, right here.

Anyway, I'm on the FB...:)

A
OP Offline
A
Went to a family dinner...nice. Got a phone call from a T who was recommended (yes I know I'm a freak) and she was awesome...she would only say that she doesn't refer people to the T I saw a few days ago. She knew who she was and with my misgivings about her, I am taking heed. The conversation was extremely enlightening.

Dinner was so great and somehow I forget how just getting out and being social can be so cathartic. Had a really cute family friend giving me lots of attention and it was nice. I like to flirt, it's enough for me right now.

I've had a lot of emails with H tonight about money. He seems taken back by how much I need...that is what happens when you ignore the bills. The communication isn't really comfy for me when he gets into telling me what to do or helping me find a job...does that make sense? I want to do it on my own and I want my privacy. He also sent me a horoscope and used a playful name with me...no response.

I think a legal sep will help and I will get my own place with the kids and he can give me my part and do what he wants with his...

moving along here.

S
S
So if you are FB, are you in the group? If not, then ask Kalni Sunshine to be your friend and help you join.

A
OP Offline
A
done.

A
OP Offline
A
The kids are excitedly grabbing things to take to daddy's. S6 told me this morning that Daddy is the most important thing in the world to him and that is why he will not go with his friend today.

Honestly, it feels like he's winning right now. Maybe someday they'll get it but right now this blows. He left for months and I had to deal and now he's their most coveted treasure...

I'll deal with it, it just sucks.

P.S. They're grabbing all the movies I wont let them see to take to his place... crazy

M
M
Quote:
Had a really cute family friend giving me lots of attention and it was nice. I like to flirt, it's enough for me right now.

Makes you feel good eh? Cherish it!

Money (or lack of it) is a pain! I thought that was the main thin g in my life.I'm sure you'll agree that it wasn't/isn't. Maybe H will wake up to that fact. And wake up to what is really important. You know what that is! Getting a job is more than paying the bills. It's a way of being told how much you are "worth" and "needed". And you are!

So happy you enjoyed yourself over dinner. What were the "enlightening" things? Not snooping I promise.

And in our situation there is no such thing as "winning". Unless it's winning!

I wouldn't read to much into the kids taking the movies - they are just kids - willing to have as much as they can in any situation wink

Keep your chin up

Mac

K
K
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
(a) He left for months and I had to deal and (b) now he's their most coveted treasure...

Alphabet soup, mine.

You're a very smart woman and I'm sure you see the cause-and-effect connections between (a) and (b). Yeah, you'd think they'd know better ..... but .... they're kids.

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard