Print Thread
Page 30 of 35 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 34 35
A
OP Offline
A
cry

Originally Posted By: AlexEN
You will find a new normal...

But, this is what I wanted to comment on before my eyes shut completely...

Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking

This man who practically delivered our first son is now worse than a stranger to me...

This is such an apt choice of words... I know I've seen it expressed my many on these boards at one time or another, but it just strikes me that so many of us now see the person we "knew" so well as a complete stranger...

And all of a sudden I started to hear Billy Joel in my brain...

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and
Show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on

Well we all fall in love
But we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets
There are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised
That you never saw the stranger
Did you ever let your lover see
The stranger in yourself?

Don't be afraid to try again
Everyone goes south
Every now and then
You've done it, why can't
Someone else?
You should know by now
You've been there yourself

Once I used to believe
I was such a great romancer
Then I came home to a woman
That I could not recognize
When I pressed her for a reason
She refused to even answer
It was then I felt the stranger
Kick me right between the eyes

Well we all fall in love
But we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets
There are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised
That you never saw the stranger
Did you ever let your lover see
The stranger in yourself?

Don't be afraid to try again
Everyone goes south
Every now and then
You've done it why can't
Someone else?
You should know by now
You've been there yourself

You may never understand
How the stranger is inspired
But he isn't always evil
And he is not always wrong
Though you drown in good intentions
You will never quench the fire
You'll give in to your desire
When the stranger comes along.

well written. But....OUCH! Sorry you are here.
j-

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
A
F*ckity f*ck f*ck...sh*t sh*t f*ck f*ck...

laugh laugh laugh

I'm not making light of the situation AAK...I just found this to be incredibly funny at the moment! I've got Diet Mountain Dew coming out of my nostrils right now!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
Originally Posted By: antlers
F*ckity f*ck f*ck...sh*t sh*t f*ck f*ck...

laugh laugh laugh

I'm not making light of the situation AAK...I just found this to be incredibly funny at the moment! I've got Diet Mountain Dew coming out of my nostrils right now!

I would like to buy a vowel please. Are there any "U"s?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
A
OP Offline
A
You're welcome. grin

A
OP Offline
A
I imbibed nothing last night, yet I feel hungover as if I had downed a bottle of Jack Daniel's before going to bed.

A
OP Offline
A
Today was another milestone. Took kids to H's new apartment. Sad, weird, I did ok, no tears, no drama, I "had to get going" but I did alright.

More later. Off to the new T.

not much worse than a hangover that didn't even get you "off" the night before...geez, guess what you really NEED to do, is drink.

I mean if you're gonna feel lousy anyhow?

Hey, hope your day is going better....know that the good days will come. A few now and then, and then more, and then more often than not. And then one day you'll say to yourself, "Hey, what's this? I'm HAPPY!" and you will be.

((( j )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
OP Offline
A
Hey 25, I guess we cross posted. Nice timing. grin

A
OP Offline
A
Uhhh...kind of confused. Saw T today. She was an interesting lady. We covered a lot. Her impression of H was that he is a malignant narcissist (woohoo) based on what I told her of course.

Some of her advice threw me off like...tell the kids H is coming back*!? I told her I can't do that because I don't think he is and I don't know that I could take him back.

She suggested that we should spend family time together for the kids sake. I told her right now I just can't because his treatment of me is too much and I get too emotional. That I have been trying for months to do that and I have reached my limit. But, I am going to think about what I am capable of.

She told me that I need to stroke his ego and when I said I've been doing that for months. She asked, "well if you've done all of this, why are you coming to therapy?" I liked the challenge. I said "because I need to be able to take care of myself and my children and stop being all about him." So we went down that road a little.

I liked that she understood the dynamic and his behavior.

She seems to think he is still acting out and from a narcissistic injury (which I suspect was me withholding sex and him feeling rejected)...she does not see him as done and feels I need to be prepared for more acting out.

She said if it were her, she would not allow him to have the kids at all until he seeks help...I have to probe that a little more with her. Not sure if that is within my control.

I liked that she was a little aggressive with me. I can be a bit of a know it all and I need the challenge. She was also very impressed with my ability to separate his sh*t from mine and my awareness of what was happening...

I'm kind of baffled, but we did resolve that my focus is on maintaining my own mental health and vision of myself and I need to take whatever actions support that.

There was more but, I think that's enough for now. I am going back on Monday because I am just confused about so much of what we covered and what actions I am to take. She did not support me filing for D. She thinks that other steps should be taken first and that H should get help too.

Oh, even scarier, when I told her that the only way our R works is if I keep my mouth shut and boost H's ego, she said that is how Rs with narcissists work. Ummm....I don't think I can do that in a M...As you know, I have an opinion and like to talk... wink

Just dealing with so much money stress and having to communicate with H is hard. I think if I can accept that even under the worst case scenario, I will be ok, I can get through this.

She said D would get very ugly with H. crazy

Oh, and she said if I start working and doing well, he will act out more...fun stuff. smirk

Last edited by aliveandkicking; 07/17/09 12:18 AM.

Page 30 of 35 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard