Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
I thought I told you that you should get your own credit card and we would split the debt in half when we get a D.

Did she already tell you this?

Yes Coach. She did. Thoughts?

J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: jdopp
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
I thought I told you that you should get your own credit card and we would split the debt in half when we get a D.

Did she already tell you this?

Yes Coach. She did. Thoughts?

Wait...I misunderstood your highlight. No she did not say I thought I told you that etc. etc.

When she brought up the D lawyer the other night she made mention of splitting the credit card in half, before I said I don't believe in D.

I was trying to preplan a potential conversation with the quote you highlighted.

C
C
Don't tell her what you are going to do about paying down the CC just do it. Maybe leave out some notes on your plan for her to see.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
OK. This thing just got ugly fast. Need help.

Wife whipped out the Divorce Papers this morning. I told her I don't agree with Divorce. I don't want to talk about it or discuss it. I told her that I want to work on the marriage. If she wants to pursue this option then I will open up a second checking account, she can have the current one, I'll get my check deposited in there, if we go to mediation, I will have my own attorney and she needs to move out.

COACH NEED HELP!!!

J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
BTW they were Mediation papers

C
C
Slow down and breathe. Did she tell you that you will be served with the D papers? What brought this on?
If she starts talking about divorce/money/custody let her know your attorney will handle that.
Take care of yourself, no drinking, try to eat and sleep right. Don't get into any R talks.
You can handle it. Get thru tonite without getting into any emotional discussions.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No she had them in her hand. She said that she didn't want to get them served to me.

J
jdopp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I think from her response she might do something crazy, like file custody or something.

G
G
Ditto what Coach is telling you.
It is easy, too easy, to spend every waking moment dwelling on your sitch. Hit the pause button. Go for a walk, or head to the driving range.
I'd suggest making some plans this evening so that you are not available to get sucked into a R talk.
Fear will cause us to do stupid things. See if you can buy yourself 24 hours. Peace. Goldey

C
C
Did you hire a lawyer?
Don't try to think what she might do. You control yourself.
You need a plan to stay busy and productive.
This is real and it is manageable if you are prepared. What happens if you don't sign or go to mediation?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard