Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32
O
OP Offline
O
I spent day with kids. First time in a week and a half. They went down for the vacation then kids spent an extra week there. A little bit of adjustment was required to the roughhouse and noise but nice to see them.

Spent day mt biking then swimming in lake.

We had to stop by W's house briefly to pick up the kids bikes. She wasn't there (out of town) and I sent the kids in alone to get their stuff but still the visit had an downward effect. Ughhh...

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Another day of wearing out the kids - pedal faster!

W stopped by early evening to pick up youngest. She visited for a short while mostly w/ daughter. Mentioned a little about the trip but was mostly sick and tired (literally - allergies or something). Kind of a non-event.

Hmmm...there hasn't been a lot to report in the OrangeDog soap opera lately.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Anniversary in two days. Currently dark and don't care. How do I respond to event?

J
J
Consider a simple card, with a note saying despite the current situation you did not want to let the day go by with recongination. Perhaps point out being grateful for the past, the kids, something?

H35 W34 S4 | T-10 yrs M-6 yrs
WAW said M over 04/09 | Living separate since 09/09
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
O
OP Offline
O
You know, I can't say I'm having a miserable time lately. Playing hard. Meeting new people. Doing new things.

H
H
Last year, I said nothing...it was just another day...a sad one at the time, but just another day. This year, I don't know if I'll even think about it...I think you're doing great.

Me:39
S3,S13

"We consent to live like sheep." W.H. Auden

On my own
Separation #4
O
OP Offline
O
Anniversary - I don't think I'm going to say or do anything about it. Other side is likely not to say or do anything either.

--

Yesterday she wrote a pissy text because I didn't sit with her and BFF at soccer. I didn't respond.

O
OP Offline
O
Got a nastygram from w about soccer game. I'm not going to respond to it although I'm very tempted to write a one-liner; "Don't tell me how to think.

I would like you to think about the position you put D in last night by sitting on the opposite end of the field from her. She wants to protect you and make sure you aren't lonely, which is why part way through the night she picked up her chair to move next to you. You could have sat in a chair right next to her the whole game instead of isolating yourself. I can't imagine that a counselor would tell you that's a good thing.

I realize you don't like BFF's role, but you don't have to be anything more than civil with her or me. BFF is a good influence on them, they consider her an aunt. Acting the way you did last night... which I assume is because of BFF... adversely affects your kids. Also, you almost did not say goodbye to S, which I noticed is another thing you have done on "My nights" ... just walked off without even saying anything to me or the kids. I realize you are "processing" and not feeling like interacting, but you need to remember that the kids take it all in. 

Last edited by orangedog; 07/15/09 06:01 PM.

O
OP Offline
O
She just called me up and said I've "been a jerk lately". "What's your problem?"

I said I didn't have a problem and really didn't carry on with the conversation.

Wow! To her, even when I do nothing, apparently I can't even do that right.

Last edited by orangedog; 07/15/09 06:27 PM.

O
OP Offline
O
two more emails about kid details. leave me alone.

Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard