Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35
A
OP Offline
A
Rough night. When will I sleep normally again? Sheesh.

G
G
Tylenol PM. Just don't get carried away with it.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
OP Offline
A
Ya, I'm not really a drug person...I always end up with some side effect.

I just wonder when I'll regain some sense of normalcy and be rid of this sort of "what's coming next" feeling . I mean, I feel so defensive, like I have to be ready for anything and I want to just be me and breathe. I want to feel stable.

J
J
I take some melatonin supplements at times before bed. Helps, plus gives me some cool dreams!

H35 W34 S4 | T-10 yrs M-6 yrs
WAW said M over 04/09 | Living separate since 09/09
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
G
G
Might have to try that.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
AAK,

I know how you feel. What have you done to work on detaching?

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
A
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
Rough night. When will I sleep normally again? Sheesh.

Hi AAK.

I don't have to use them anymore, but when I did, I used an antihistamine you can buy OTC called doxylamine. It works great. It works much better than Benadryl. Doxylamine is in Unisom, but you can buy generic also.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
Thanks 25. I had a good day. Had to send H an email regarding the upcoming move. I had written like 6 paragraphs with all of the aforementioned issues and I just deleted them and stuck to the issue at hand.

I wouldn't mind having him acknowledge that certain events occurred as it could be helpful. But for now, my instinct and challenge is less words and more action.

Good luck getting him to drop his revisions and see things for real....yeah, let's spend LOTS of energy on that....

Too bad EVERY little f*cking thing reminds me of him, us, our family that is no more, etc. It is brutal out there...even saw a movie with someone in the wedding scene that was actually at our wedding...aargh.

The semi-good news is, HE is reminded of more things than you know. [i]When the other people's kids are laughing and playing and wrestling, even with HIM, he'll know 2 kids who aren't with him doing the same. Eventually as you GAL, he'll know they are not in bed waiting for HIM to show up and play, but that they ARE playing and laughing and having fun...but he's the one missing out...ANd when he hears a song, or sees a wedding or film piece --his amnesia isn't total. Especially when you are not around and he can get some space...and he can feel and he can remember and feelings will re-surface. No parental voice from you will shut out his inner voice. If he doesn't have one anymore or shuts it down better, then thank God you know now...
[/i]
But, overall a good day.

I want to buy a book I read about called "Get out of your mind and into your life"...written especially for me. smirk

I hope you had a nice day too.

I did. We argued but it became productive if you KWIM. Anyhow, keep in touch and keep us all posted. When is the big talk with the kids happening?

((( j )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
I wouldn't mind having him acknowledge that certain events occurred as it could be helpful. But for now, my instinct and challenge is less words and more action.

I meant for legal purposes (his response would probably validate the content of my email as he usually apologizes or defends, wither way, it would be acknowledged in writing. LOL. Good Lord, I've given up on believing he can change by now. I'm not completely insane.

A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
When is the big talk with the kids happening?

Well, the big talk wasn't so big. Someone apparently already was commenting about H's new place with the kids around.

Anyway, he told them where he will be going and it will be for a couple months.

S9's face looked sad and sort of befuddled. But then they were back to their "new" normal selves.

H was flirty, antagonistic, confusing, moronic, cute and here for too long. Commented on how good I look. Didn't make the list he said he would of what he wants to take. Had a friend meet him here to take him to go sell some things. Mentioned he may need to come back later to get some things for work, I said I will need a head's up.

Dammit, I am still attached. Aaargh. But, I'm better because I am getting clearer about what I need to do and how to do it. He just doesn't make it easy.

Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard