Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 35 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 34 35
Can you ask a child c? Definitely reassure them he will see them again and often and that he is not leaving their lives so much as moving his stuff to where he spends most of his time. It can be called a "trial sep" if you must.

I just know that my kids needed to hear what was going to remain the same in their lives such as if they'd stay in the school or neighborhood, and when they'd see him. My d, then 9, felt reassured when I told her we'd only move "a long time from now" and when we did, it would not be far away so she'd see her peeps...and I said, "I will make whatever choice I make that I think will make YOU happiest" and she remembered that comment a long time and felt a lot better. (A child C told me that one).

IF h isn't reliable about when he'll see them...cross that bridge when you get to it but be ready to do a little "covering" for him in the sense that you can't tell them it's b/c he doesn't care. You'll need to take steps to protect them later though so he can't keep disappointing them. Some will disagree but a book called "What About the Kids?" Says to reassure them that both parents love them (even if there is OW...)

Might try to get that book...good luck, ouch...
j-

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
OP Offline
A
Hi 25 and others. I would like to address the issue of the kids being there when H moves out. I think they should not be there but I have only a couple of days to express this and I might like to have something he can read too.

I know they will need a few days to digest it so I would like to talk to them soon.

25- Unfortunately, I don't know when and where we will be moving and if they will stay in the same school...trying to sort it out.

Ouch is right.

G
G
I am on fb and am a member of DB there. Would love to meet you both A&K and 25. smile

Shawna F

"It is excruciating pain. It is the pain of separation, the pain of loss, the pain of dreams and expectations unrealized. It is the loss and death of a mirage."
G
G
GTFM,

I'm on there too - GivingIt MyAll.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
A
OP Offline
A
I'm trying to get a little more guidance on the moving out part of this deal.

I do not think the kids should be here for the move. Agreed?

S
S
No, they absolutely should not be there for it. Take them out of the house. Go to the park, go to the beach, go on a picnic--anything to distract them.

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

O
O
No kids during the move. It will be hard enough.

If you're in the alt you'll see me.

--

FB hint: You can share different postings, pictures, and features with different Friends Groups. Should your boss or distant family member (or H) ask you to be a Friend you can selectively share some items but not all (like those New Year's Eve photos in the chicken suit...) .

Last edited by orangedog; 07/11/09 05:31 AM.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
I don't have the energy for FB right now.

I am so bummed out.

H is only going to take a few things. His new place is temporary so the kids will be going through this for how much longer?

I am working on my plan...

Spoke to H and made arrangements for him to give me a list of what he intends to take and then come when they are not here to get it.

He has a friend that is giving him a bunch of furniture (a testament to his "good karma")...I am getting bitter.

How do I not get bitter or do I let myself be pissed for a while and know it will get better?

Last edited by aliveandkicking; 07/11/09 05:46 AM.

O
O
Others may have different views but let the anger come and go. Feel it, watch it, process thru it, then let it leave when it's ready. Just know it's there (and don't make important decisions).

Talk to your friends.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Just know it's there (and don't make important decisions).

You mean like file for D on Monday?

Page 17 of 35 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard