Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
L
L
AK,

He already LEFT. The next move isn't really a move... It's just paperwork.

(((((AK)))))

Lucky

A
A
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
Can't Coach just tell me what to do? wink

He wrote this to another poster..."you are the leader in your relationship right now, thinking thru possible solutions, your issues to be resolved, re-thinking priorities/beliefs and getting stronger and healthier." - Coach

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
M
M
AAK -

I feel your pain. I understand debt. I understand a H not dealing w/it. We are nowhere near your level, but my H has ignored the filing of taxes, and now we're "fixing" it.

One thing to remember...
If you remain married, eventually you will BOTH have to deal with the debt, together.
If you separate/divorce, eventually you will BOTH have to deal with the debt, separately.

He's going to have to deal with this debt sooner or later. Or "things" he owns, has loans on, etc..., will start to go away.

How can you deal with this in a way you are comfortable with?

His inability to man up and handle this unfortunately puts it on your shoulders. I guess you just need to figure out how you can handle it in a way that's best for you and the kids.

Good luck, friend.

PS - I think the rest of R/M stuff is unable to be dealt with until the financial stress is either handled, or on a path.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
And???

And quite apart from the emotional component of this whole situation -- the hurt, the fear, etc. -- there's something to be said for considering yourself to be getting out while the getting's good. This guy's approach to life seems to be a ticking time-bomb for you and the kids under the best of circumstances.

Apparently he's taken to heart the nostrum that it never rains in southern California.

Well, thanks for the laugh. I mean it.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: LuckyGirl
AK,

He already LEFT. The next move isn't really a move... It's just paperwork.

(((((AK)))))

Lucky

No. A physical move must happen. And I am wondering if I shouldn't get on that before school starts.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: mindblank
AAK -

I feel your pain. I understand debt. I understand a H not dealing w/it. We are nowhere near your level, but my H has ignored the filing of taxes, and now we're "fixing" it.

One thing to remember...
If you remain married, eventually you will BOTH have to deal with the debt, together.
If you separate/divorce, eventually you will BOTH have to deal with the debt, separately.

He's going to have to deal with this debt sooner or later. Or "things" he owns, has loans on, etc..., will start to go away.

How can you deal with this in a way you are comfortable with?

His inability to man up and handle this unfortunately puts it on your shoulders. I guess you just need to figure out how you can handle it in a way that's best for you and the kids.

Good luck, friend.

PS - I think the rest of R/M stuff is unable to be dealt with until the financial stress is either handled, or on a path.

I am debating whether we should file for bankruptcy together or legally separate/D and take our own debt. I could manage my debt especially if I ask for a little more alimony in exchange for keeping my paws off of his valuables...

The money issue SHOULD have been dealt with before he left as it is the elephant in the room. He has more of a start fresh approach and throw the baby out with the bath water. Meaning, it was our R that led to his overspending and debting. I have to give up on trying to evolve his thinking.

L
L
I've heard it's always best to do everything you can to avoid filing for bankruptcy.

A
OP Offline
A
Yep. That means, filing for a D I didn't want and moving.

M
M
GOD! I feel your pain!!!

I do own my part of this, and have, but that f'd up thinking is the WORST!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
L
L
Does your H know that these are the options you see? What does he think about this?

Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard