Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
V
V
Kerry!

You know what? You ladyfriend has just a few Family of Origin issues! I have a feeling those were not going to get any better! Breaking up hurts, but.....

I have a little of the same fear.... the woman that I saw last week seems quite smitten. It's great for the ego.... but what if I am not as smitten as she is? It's too early to say either way, right now.... just scary!

I'm still shaking my head at the chaperone thing. That's jsut creepy! She is a grown woman, right? I almost think the stars are just making it clear that you are doing the right thing!

And I hope the improvements to my golf don't stay in Denver, I'd like to take them home with me!

V
V
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Do you ask them up front - "are you a virgin?" Is there a dating service to meet virgin ladies through?

I can't see how you ask that! If they are, you get punched, if they aren't, you get punched! It's a lose-lose situation, as far as I can see! Maybe you ask their mother? smile

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jeff -

I wish you the best in your dating adventures - it is fun sharing life with a good lady. I will be back on the open market soon. This time there will be a "Divorced" status on my match.com entry. Maybe I wont be the one initiating emails and winks.

No one wants to get punched by a girl. I almost asked my cousin at my grandmothers funeral when her baby was due. Good thing I asked my mom first who told me that she was not pregnant - she was just getting fat. Whew!

I hope your golf game improvements stick and are not because of the thinner air of the Mile High City. It sure seems like a simple sport, but when you get into a slump like I am now, it sure can be frustrating.

V
V
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Maybe I wont be the one initiating emails and winks.

You noticed that too! frown

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Funny thing - I was updating my match.com profile the other day and thought it would still be not visible. Apparently, it became visible for about an hour or so. I received 2 emails and a wink during that time before I could hide it.

I gotta get closure to one relationship before putting myself back out on the dating scence.

R
R
I think it might be a bit weird to have her, her brother (!) and daughter go on vacation with you...awkward for at least her. But give her an easy, face-saving out. Do you have someone else who would like to go and could pay for her portion of the trip? I'm almost more concerned about what the backlash will be from her family...

be safe!

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You got me worried now Donna! Her father was an important guy during the Vietnam War (assisting the US military), and everywhere we go locally, Vietnamese people know her father. Maybe it is a good time for me to grow a beard and mustache disguise so I can still go eat safely at Pho restaruants.

Too bad about the tickets - they are non-transferable and non refundable. Maybe next time I will use a travel agent instead of orbitz, expedia, travelocity, etc...

J
J
Hey Kerry,

have not been around much and just catching up. Sorry to hear about the relationship. I was reading along and wondered why you wanted to break it up but after reading the "family" issues, i think it would be extremely difficult to have a relationship with someone in her situation.
This dating thing is not easy especially at our age....

Good luck fratello.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks John.

I had the talk tonight after my excellent golf lesson and she took it very well. And she still wants to go on the vacation in Hawaii. She asked about being friends and I said that is no problem, but to keep in mind that once one of us meets and falls in love with someone new that it is usually best to drift apart. She says that her parents have someone lined up for her in Vietnam, but she still has a poor attitude about asian men and is not excited to meet him. I pointed out that her brothers who I have met are all good guys.

R
R
I am so glad that went better than I expected!! She must have been feeling some similar things as you....

I hope you are ok - it is hard to be on the other side, too.

Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard