Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
M
Mr Mom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ya, I cant believe it. She's acting like its no big deal. Like I was a used car that she traded in. You would think by the way she is acting that she has been with him for years and not weeks. I dread the day she brings him to get the kids or drop them off. I don't know how you do it Kerry. You must be very strong to not let you feelings take over a do what you could do. She talks about getting an apartment but I know I'm going to be sitting like Kerry with her living with OM.

Me: 32
WAW:33
M:8
T:13
D:3,5
Bomb #1 om:4/6/09
Bomb #2 papers signed 4/26/09
M
M
As hard as it is not to think about that, you have to take care of and think of yourself and your kids.

You're just the lion protecting his territory. The OM isn't even worth your time and attention. I mean, how great can he be if he needs to take another person's W for his own ego?

Maybe you need to get a punching bag or something to get angry and focused. Get your aggression out that way and build up your confidence so you stand up to your W the next time.

I think it's important to do this now so that during the party you don't "cave". Build yourself up now and stand tall.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
S
S
I hit the heavy bag, went to batting cages and golf driving range to get my mind off the situation.

My W also talked about getting an apartment, but it was actions that speak louder. She chose to live in the huge home of OM and drive his fancy cars instead. There really was no mistaking that she was a classic gold digger.

I get by with looking at the situation with some humor. Ed (OM) will be 69 in a couple months - XW is 38. The jokes kind of write themselves.

Once the kids started staying at Ed's place, I had to call him up and get a feel as to who he was. He seems like an ok guy and the kids get along with him fine. I do think it peculiar that when it is XW's weekend with the kids, she gets a babysitter so Ed and her can go out to nightclubs. That is her choice, and I think it weird only because when I have the kids, I cant imagine not spending all my time with them. I have them this Fri/Sat/Sun and we are going beach camping.

P
P
K - It's just a matter a time before he trades her in for a younger, newer model. Say hi to old man river for me. All that matters is what your kids think of you and the work you've done speaks for itself.

PMA

S
S
At 69, it is only a matter of time before father time catches up with him. If XW does not marry him by then, she is up a creek without a paddle.

F
fb2 Offline
F
Sooner or later there will be "car problems". Ed probably will need a new starter motor.

M
Mr Mom Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Today she came to the house and removed a lot of her stuff. Still hasn't taken her cloths or bath stuff though. One thing I couldn't figure out is that she took the time to wash a blanket.

Me: 32
WAW:33
M:8
T:13
D:3,5
Bomb #1 om:4/6/09
Bomb #2 papers signed 4/26/09
P
P
Hmmmm.

F
fb2 Offline
F
--> Once the kids started staying at Ed's place, I had to call him up and get a feel as to who he was. He seems like an ok guy and the kids get along with him fine.

Kerry, Did you look into or do a background check on OM? I mean here's a stranger messing with your wife and your kids and your wife has shown poor judgement.

And how did you go about picking your L ?
(Sorry for hijack but hope its useful in general)

S
S
Hi fb2 - I never did a background check other than to find out Ed did commercial real estate development.

My cousin recommended to me the L he used for his divorce. He had a friend that is a lawyer head hunter and she recommended this L to him because he was high on the a$$ kicking scale and had worked family law since the 70's in town. I got the feeling that my lawyer was picky on which clients he would take. He seemed like he would not take someone that would use the kids as pawns in financial matters. He truely cared about the kids welfare first. We did the parenting/custody before any financial matters were discussed. He even encouraged us to use a mediator instead of his services so as to save us money. You may have your own opinion about divorce lawyers, but this guy was a class act.

I had met with another L before him just to get educated on divorce law. She never asked or concerned herself as to how the kids were doing. I think it was a big selling point for me that the L that I ultimately used gave me recommendations on how to help the kids cope - ie child counselors. He even gave me some vacation advice which I used last summer with the kids.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard