Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
D
D
FIB, I agree with Kerry. It was a Mother's Day assignment and he wrote what she told him.

Look, your children love you, you know that. But it is natural for them to want to please the one that is moving away from them. They love their mother and that is what you want.

My son will not allow me to say one thing about his dad. the other day I innocently said, "Oh, I thought Dad was coming to see you in the morning." He yelled, "He is very busy you know, so chill out." Uh, ok.

FIB, wait until you are really ready to date. Rushing in would not be a good thing. You still need to heal some. All those lovely ladies will be around when you are ready.

Hang in there, my friend.

Last edited by beginnersmind; 05/13/09 11:44 AM.
F
OP Offline
F
LolaL....well said...and Kerryk...feel free to forward any of those emails if you still have them. I have a 'guru' who writes a newsletter for his book (you probably know him)...and he has been super supportive and helpful.

I am constantly being threatened...checked on ....she is ready to pounce on me at everystep here. Even last night, when my daughter woke up with stomach pain and had to have a BM....she threatened me when I wanted to stay with her...as if it was 'inappropriate'. She later said , "make sure you don't sleep with her again"...referring to my daughter coming into the MBR when she has a bad dream. You can guess what she is going to pull next.

She is ramping up the tension again...out of anger...because of the appraisal that favors me (if being in the hole is favorable).

Still...read that bio my son wrote. How dark is THAT??? Who would give that story to their kids as the history of their life????

FIB

BM...don't worry.....no dating. Besides...who wants to date a man living under the same roof as his STBXW?

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
Chicks dig guys with scars...not baggage...or albatrosses in FIB's case.

Someone who feels perpetually persecuted. Gave your son that background.

FIB when are you done? When is the court stuff all over? Man I'd be chewing my arms off to get away from her.

You have my support no matter what you choose, you know that.

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 05/13/09 06:42 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
OP Offline
F
It is time Jack....we are going to countermotion. She lost it last night. She left work twice to look for that booklet. It was home. I am now convinced she is ill. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
D
D
FIB, did you really have any doubt that she is ill? Stay out of her way, wear a helmet and live your life. The fallout from all this is not going to be pretty.

By then, not your problem except how it affects your kids.
She is going to fall hard. Keep going, my friend.

J
J
: ) FIB yeah I'm going to say "Just now?" and look at you kinda of funny.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

S
S
I am with Jack on the whole puzzled look on my face FIB....

Not for nothing but maybe you should drop some subtle hints that her moving out would be really hard on you. That her leaving home would tear you to bits. Seems to me that if she thinks you won't like it, she may just leave. Just a thought......

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

J
J
Hell...I think Ian is onto something here.

"It would absolutely destroy me if you had to pay me alimony, and I had the children all of the time...I don't know what I would do...kill myself maybe."

Try that!!

D
D
Now, now gentlemen - LOL! Personally, I think the less he freakin' talks to her the better because she is waaayyyy out there. I dont think we could count on any specific way that she would respond. She makes me embarrassed to be a female, I'll tell you that.

S
S
She still reminds me of the Captain Queeg character played by Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny. If you have some strawberries in the house, poor some down the toilet and then maybe she will start an investigation as to the whereabouts of the missing strawberries.

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard