Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Quote:
I am afraid. Definitely. The future maybe? Making the wrong choice? Being alone for the rest of my life? Raising my kids? Trying to figure that one out.
K

and now?? you are alone in a twosome-kind of, sort of, well you have a Mrs in front of your name

what choice are you actually making, we are all some what scared of the future whether we 100% we belive we have made the right choice.
Without love we are always afraid, with love we climb mountains in flip flops.
OK a bit poetic but I hope you can SEE what I am saying.
One step thats all it takes.
Maria, no one can help you, you and you alone have to get to that place, we can only support you from a distance.
I understand the "Flirt" I would be horrified too.

I so wish I had a magic wand.

V
V
((((((Kalni)))))

I understand your fear! I had it, too! And I have still had it, every step of the way. But at each step, I have found that the fear was worse than the fact. I was worried about the kids. And they are fine. (I know yours are younger, but you've also been living separately already.) I was worried about telling family. Went smooth as silk. I was worried that it would bother me as she started to do things to actually leave. No problems at all. I'm actually excited about her house, and it didn't bother me at all when she emptied her stuff from the closet. I guess what I am saying is that I found the fear and dread to be much worse than the actual actions, to this point.

I will never tell anyone to "give up". But I will tell you that I think that stacking your fears if you end it are probably much worse than how things will really be. You've already been raising your kids. I would be shocked if you ended up alone, unless it was your choice. I think there are other fears if you don't end it, too. Look at them, they may be even worse.

S
S
Kalni -

If you do get divorced, you wont be without the love of a good man for long.

I agree with Jeff about the fear and what is actual fact.

K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I think having my life change so drastically the last couple of years, my assumptions proven so wrong, my disability to stop our distaster even after I realised we were getting there, my dad's cancer, my consequent feeling of being alone, being left with no safety net, both emotionally and in other practical ways have a bit (a lot to be honest)destroyed my PMA and made my rose painted glasses pitch black (correct Jeff, pitch or is it German?)

I have this sense of nothing being solid in my life, nothing being secured which of course is good thing in the end, but at the moment, makes my possible future life with H look not so bad in some ways. (*settling*, yes I admit it Iit has crossed my mind)

On the other hand, my character and my heart are totally against any kind of settling. So, I have been trying to convince myself that living with H could again become piece of a dream and at the same time make me feel there is a place where I belong. I know what you will all say and dont think I am naive or cant tell the difference between wishful thing and reality.

Also, apart from his random small or big like last last weekend's, blow ups he is NOT treating me like a jerk. Again that is subjective, others may think he is, but I think there is part of him that I know still and he is not a heartless bastard. If he was meaner or an a$$hole (excuse my French) it would have been done months ago.

Everytime I say I am done, I get sucked in again because of my fears and partly because of him staying low and acting as if "he wants to give me more but there are objective difficulties", so I get thrown in the endless loop of "maybe, what if, if then etc etc" and get some strength and patience until I run out again. I am cycling but I have to confess everytime I get closer to ending it.

On top of all this add guilt (and no I am not catholic but my mom did a pretty good job with this) towards my kids and weirdly for some of you, towards my close family.

I have been living alone with my kids and doing a pretty good job overall and people from "outside" like my GF today dont get that fear of mine. But having debts is fairly new for me, watching my apartment needing some repairs and not being able to plan those, or worrying about this year's vacation remind me of a new reality where my sitch is worse than it has been since I was 25 working and living on my own. SO I worked my cute little a$$ off for 13 years, only to find my self in such a bad state is giving me many sleepelss nights. The fact that I am here today is the result of me always being a partner with H, never trying to secure my self, trusting our marriage and him. So, I am mad about that too, at myself.

As you can tell I am having in depth evaluation of my .. head and heart trying to explain what I feel.

And last but not least, holding on to this, and investigating the slightest possibility of our M being "repaired", if it happened, would make everything I went thru meaningful and my original choice of man correct. Dont give me the "it is meaningful either way", you all know what I mean.
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
F
fb2 Offline
F
<< And last but not least, holding on to this, and investigating the slightest possibility of our M being "repaired", if it happened, would make everything I went thru meaningful and my original choice of man correct. Dont give me the "it is meaningful either way", you all know what I mean.

K, You are fearful and you are brave for holding on. But you are also by and large "stuck" in a 'holding pattern'. This board won't give you the answers - one day you will simply wake up and 'do what it takes' then you will realize the 'meaningful'.

People here are trying to nudge you one way or another based on each of our extremely narrow views of the world. I say 'this' and someone else says 'that' and you hear whatever you want to. For example you seem to have 'settling' stubbornly stuck in your mind and that's making you feel justified in this 'holding' patten. Or maybe waiting for some stars to line up in your favor or your dad to get well buys more time. If I had a choice to nudge you one way or another right now (and what you have said above confirms my judgment) I rather nudge you in the direction of making your marriage wonderful by doing all it takes on YOUR part. I think constantly about what it would take, but I don't know exactly, you just have to bumble along until you strike the right chord.

Here's an internet article. Maybe try translating it to Greek and getting H to read it. He's a journalist so can read fast.
http://ezinearticles.com/?9-Signs-Emotional-Intimacy-is-Suffering-in-a-Marriage&id=662432

J
J
fb anyone

L
L
K sweetiepie,

Thank you so much for you thoughts and comments on my sitch.

i had a quick read through you latest and this comment jumped out at me
Originally Posted By: kalni
Everytime I say I am done, I get sucked in again because....
and I know excactly how you feel.

Take care and keep fighting.

Lan

K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
fb2, I appreciate your sticking by me on this. More than you will ever know. I just feel that reality is a bit more... real.

That article, I have given him a few similar ones. Never got a response.
K

S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
K
Kalni Offline OP
OP Offline
K
John, in a few, please dont share with me again any exciting details about your non stop sex life tonight, ok? \:\)

Lan, you are welcome. Sorry if I was a bit "black and white", just my take on what is going on.
K

S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
L
L
Originally Posted By: Kalni
Sorry if I was a bit "black and white",
Spot on, you just confirmed what I was thinking and used to be afraid to confront.

Lan

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard