Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
S
OP Offline
S
Well locked again! Is there a record for this?

Amyc, ok first. It's not the fact the my son could not walk to the end of the road. This is NOT about that. It's about getting some sort of normalacy (mis-spelled of course) back in our lives.
YES he can walk, in fact he walks around the neighborhood. To honestly think that I am upset ABOUT him walking to the end of the drive is unbeliveable. Surely you dont think that is about that.
And, I am not ALL about myself. I may sound that way, but I am not that way. Who knows why he couldnt just pull in the driveway like normal, and who cares. I should have never said anything, because I knew I would come across that way.
Like I said I just want life to be normal again. If I need to drop my son off (he has no car) at my xh's, I should be able to pull in his driveway and pull back out, like normal people do, and he the same with me. BUT for some reason he obviously cant. So be it. MOVING ON TO SOMETHING ELSE NOW. He can have his life.
I pray for him everyday, as I do everyone else here.
I guess I may be jumping the gun in wanting things to be normal.
MY MISTAKE. ;\)
I still love ya!

M:20yrs/together 21yrs
Bomb:9/08 ILYBNILWY
Sep:9/18/08 "ow" :25
Filed:11/18/08
D:12/8/08
M:Different 26 yr. old 7/09.
Newborn 4/10
S
OP Offline
S
Last night I got what I think was some insight inside a MLCer's life. This guy that I have been kinda wanting to go out to dinner with, called me. I got sooo excited, I felt like a teenager. I thought to myself, no wonder my xh is acting sooo happy. Its all NEW again. Even though I havent even went out with this guy and maybe never will, it felt good to have some one be interested enought to call me. I wonder if this is what my xh feels like.
How long does it take for the new to wear off in your opinions? I cant remember its been so long. I know it got me excited.lol

Newborn 4/10
S
OP Offline
S
Last night I got what I think was some insight inside a MLCer's life. This guy that I have been kinda wanting to go out to dinner with, called me. I got sooo excited, I felt like a teenager. I thought to myself, no wonder my xh is acting sooo happy. Its all NEW again. Even though I havent even went out with this guy and maybe never will, it felt good to have some one be interested enough to call me. I wonder if this is what my xh feels like.
How long does it take for the new to wear off in your opinions? I cant remember its been so long. I know it got me excited.lol

Newborn 4/10
S
OP Offline
S
Last night I got what I think was some insight inside a MLCer's life. This guy that I have been kinda wanting to go out to dinner with, called me. I got sooo excited, I felt like a teenager. I thought to myself, no wonder my xh is acting sooo happy. Its all NEW again. Even though I havent even went out with this guy and maybe never will, it felt good to have some one be interested enough to call me. I wonder if this is what my xh feels like.

Newborn 4/10
Gosh you must be excited 3 posts!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: naej
Gosh you must be excited 3 posts!!!

lol. I dont know how that happened????

Newborn 4/10
A
A

Not to rain or your parade or anything but if you don't devote some time to your own personal issues, your next relationship - whenever it happens - is almost guaranteed to be doomed from the start.

Quote:
It's about getting some sort of normalacy (mis-spelled of course) back in our lives

I hate the word "normalcy" on these boards.
First of all, newcomers tend to have a warped sense of what "normal" is. Most likely, if they WERE able to return to what they define as "normal", it's just back to that place they were in during the calm before the storm. That place where you were clueless. I might be in the minority but I don't believe that to be a good place. Because it was a place where you didn't think there was anything so wrong that it couldn't be swept under the carpet with the rest of the crap that had been piling up for years. It is very rare to have someone here say their life was really a fairytale right up to the bomb and even if they THOUGHT it was, the bomb proved them wrong, didn't it? I find the ripping off of the rose-colored glasses is a good thing ultimately although I definitely agree that it's probably the most painful thing someone that ends up here has happen to them. I know this is a hard process to go through but I can't imagine how anyone would REALLY want their head to be back in the sand. But maybe that's just me. Perhaps I've just had my rose-colored glasses ripped off so many times in the last 3 years that I now believe so sincerely that it will be for the best in the end that my sensitivities might be waning. If so, I apologize. But I still hate the word "normalcy". You want your ex to pull in the driveway but for whatever reason he doesn't want to. To him - today - that is normal. Define "normal" for yourself from now on. If to you it is normal to pull into his driveway, DO IT unless he requests otherwise. If he never pulls into your driveway again, that will become normal for you, too. Just stop sweating the small stuff or you are never going to get past ground zero.

Let go and let God.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Amy and you are right, what I call back to normal is really NO WHERE I want to be. I want a NEW NORMAL. I want a new me.
Somewhere somehow it all started going wrong.
I want your opinion. Do you believe that one day a person wakes up and says hmmmm I want something better, something new.
This is what my xh said. NOT the part about waking up one day and saying it, but wanting something new, new companionship.
What exactly does that mean? I know what it sounds like it means, but really, how does one just decide to do that?
Anyway also, how long does it take for the new to wear off? I was a newlywed once, but I cant remember. I know everyone is different. I just wonder if his TRUE personality is gonna show itself soon.
In your opinion, is it possible for one person to change their whole personality when with someone else?
I know I am going thru changes, but how can a MLCer go thru their change and find their problems while living with someone that they think makes them happy?
YOu said I needed to heal, well doesnt the MLCer need to heal also? How in the world will the next relationship work if we dont?

Ok, shoot me now. Sorry about all the questions, but truly after seeing that picture of you with your finger pointing in the air, I feel like you know your stuff. It just fits you. I think you missed your calling. By the way where did/do you get your knowledge from?

Renee

Last edited by sunshinelewis; 04/19/09 04:07 AM.

Newborn 4/10
C
C
The school of hard knocks, that is where Amy got her education, just like the rest of us.One of the main differences though is she learned from her mistakes, she trusted in God, and let him heal her, seek the Lord and he will heal you.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
S
OP Offline
S
Craig if it werent for GOD I would not be where I am at today.
I know GOD has something better for me, whether its my xh or someone new. I love GOD and I trust him fully. I just want his
will to be done.
I love it when people on here give GOD the credit for their lives.
GOD is healing me a little everyday. I pray for my xh and even is new gf/finance. I pray for these people on this board almost every night. I will say a special prayer for you tonight.
Do you have myspace or facebook?

Last edited by sunshinelewis; 04/19/09 04:49 AM.

Newborn 4/10
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard