Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
F
OP Offline
F
Funny KerryK....uh...yeah....she's missing a few of those (cough).

BM...I had texted her a 2 weeks earlier telling her that I was going. There is no box on the reservation form that says "check here to exclude your spouse". I know..that...if I want to do or go anywhere now, I am responsible for myself.

Yeah..I had spoken to several of the dad's at the Pinewood. Having your car go to district is not a blessing. You sit there all day while a room full of anal compulsive dads watch the race. Some of the dad's go for 'creative' now. We had an ear of corn car...a hot dog car.....they went for funny.

Next....I finished the 'in-house' portion of my financial appraisal. One of the company's CPA's came in talk with me....review some stuff...etc. Although THEY can't make any recommendations (the L must), it appears that my house will have to be sold.

Typical...for a father..in the state of NY. I think I'm prepared for this...for myself. I will NOT be prepared on how to tell this to the kids when the time comes.

Of course, my STBXW will blame me for everything.

With regards to the LG, my STBXW certainly had a 'shot herself in the foot' episode. I had my meeting with the LG early last summer and tried to present an open honest picture of what was going on. XXX became ENRAGED afterward and this started her vendetta against me. Since then, I have not called or bothered the LG. I am comfortable with where I am with my children and my L just kept telling me to stay away...that the LG was on my W's side. Apparently, STBXW continually pummeled her with letter's and calls....enuf to the point that the LG sent a cease and desist letter.

My L has been really good with regards to making that call:

L: FIB...don't bother the LG. She is the atty for the children and doesn't want to be bothered with D issues. They cannot render a recommendation with regards to custody in the State of NY. Only a forensic psychiatrist can. So, relax...no one is going to take your kids away from you. She is living in a fantasy world with that letter she wrote. Don't send the response you wrote to her....mail it to me.

Good call L.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
Oh man, if only you could know it wouldn't give your son emotional damage, I'd suggest you send your W to the pinewood derby finals. LOL. She'd throw down some whoop arse that would really raise the roof. Love to be a fly on the wall to see that one!

Of course you're too much the man to ever expose your son to that one, but you have to admit, it would be amusing to see all the macho dads compete on that level...

Must be Friday. :P

N.

G
G
Fib,
Congrats on so many recent positives!!!!
BTW here is the cub scout book online http://www.geocities.com/~pack215/requirements.html
As a former leader with 2 boy who went through cub scouts, I know how challenging some of the requirements can be.

Keep it loyal and reverent Bro!

Gman
Me 40
W 30
kids
B 11
B 10
D 8
Been here off and on since 06.
PA Confirmed Dec 08..
With God, anything is possible.
Do or do not there is no try.
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six...
F
OP Offline
F
Gman and 4kids...WOW. I am blown away that you guys are still here with me....not to say that all the others who still are with are here too (??? did I just say that)?

I'm not sure how many'positives' there can be with regards to a divorce. Clearly...my STBXW has anger issues and clearly she has maturity issues as well. She is a hurt little girl in a woman's body.

As for me, I am predicting that by next court date, 4/23, the financial appraisal will be complete and then custody discussions will begin.

I predict that the court will order my house to be sold, unless my W is coming up with a plan to buy out my half. That is, her parents offer to buy the house or if OM4 is wealthy and lurking in the wings. Her father is retired and her mother, IMO, is hanging on long enough to get my STBXW into her school. Buying the house would certainly ? exhaust the retirement nest egg, no?

Dunno.

I don't look forward to not seeing my kids everyday. It still seems like it will be unbearable for a time.

As time goes forward, it is amazing how the 'bad times' accumulate and seem to overtake and overpower the good times.

Bomb 5/06 7 good

Now, 7 good, 3 bad

The memories of my STBXW now...are besmirched..soiled...changed. I am swimming in a cesspool of her anger and vindictiveness and it fouls me.

It's time.

FIB

F
OP Offline
F
Gman...you're the best with that link. Gonna bookmark it and get to work. FIB

S
S
The link that Gman gave seems to be missing the Tigers. Here is another link that has the Tiger requirements (along with the others)...

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-scouts/cub-scouts.asp

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks so much guys. I texted my W to 'please leave S8's book in the family room so I can work on some of the projects with him."

Response: When I am finished working on mine you can have it next

Not very acceptable.

Me: I'll have to use my own then. Thanks.

You know...there is an easy way to do all this. Why she wants to 'push divorce' in everyone's face (eg, his den mother)....I don't know.

Unless...I SHOULD wait for the book.

Nah.....I can be doing stuff in it on weekends.

FIB

Why not ask the Den leader what their recommendation would be in the situation(without giving the impression you are bashing your W)?

If anything, they might understand some of the dynamics behind the sitch and be sensitive to how these situations might affect your sons participation. I know there is always a risk of attracting attention where it could do more harm than good - you'll have to weigh that one out.

N.

D
D
FIB, there is a lot of scouting stuff online. Sites to help you fulfill some of the requirements and such.

Dont even ask her about the freakin' book. She is acting like an as*. Just do your own thing with your son.

Just keep doing the right thing by your kids. She is going to hang herself in court and in her children's eyes. For the kid's sake, I hope she gets her act together.

In the meantime, find a nice lawn chair for the show because I think she is going to self-destruct.

FIB"s W Definitely has been on "MLC Parade duty" for a good while now. Get the lawn chairs, some popcorn and an umbrella b/c over here, it's nice and sunny but it could always suddenly storm. So maybe bring a poncho too??...and a flak jacket...and a flask of your fav beverage ...let the festivities begin.

FIB, I personally cannot wait for your parade to be over. So sorry about the house having to be sold. What a drag. It would be cool if someone helped out just b/c the kids could stay, which is what I assume you wanted...??

But Hang in there...as for the decreased time with the kids, look, it sucks. No two ways about it. It IS crappy. All I can see as an upside is that it will be trauma free b/c the drama/trauma queen will not be there...so it'll be YOUR time with them and NO HER.... but yeah, still stinks to be in your shoes...(SIGH)

((( hugs )))

( j )

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW