Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I feel that he is manipulating me. Like his mother asked him too, or so that he can convince himself that he has tried or to help with the divorce. I just don't trust him.

to use his words 'I just can't put my finger on it' :-)

What do you guys suggest?

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
WAKE UP AMERICA

Don't you know I'm the only person in the whole world that this has happened to and that I'm the most hurt lol

think I'm actually hysterical eeek

Going to Dr's today then seeing a lawyer.

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
he just texed again a lot of rubbish about the joiner which I already knew.

Think he is manipulating. Should I just ignore, he knows when counselling is and I already told him I was going so he knows.

My god, this is crazy that I'm talking about my H here.

Lawyer is £250 per hour. I can't afford that. He is bloody loaded too

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
right, sent back thats fine see you there as originlly he was picking me up.

Not sure what to say in counselling as still think he is manipulating me.

Not sure what I want

Last edited by Regrets; 03/10/09 10:42 AM.

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

P
P
Originally Posted By: Regrets
I feel that he is manipulating me. Like his mother asked him too, or so that he can convince himself that he has tried or to help with the divorce. I just don't trust him.

to use his words 'I just can't put my finger on it' :-)

I suggest you get some sleep, Regrets.

Puppy

P
P
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Regrets, as I said above, "When he texts you, don't answer him at all for one day. When you finally do, say "I have some decisions to make; I'll be back in touch soon. (Your first name)".

Puppy

Regrets,

Twice I've suggested the above to you, and yet you're still asking if you should reply, WHAT you should reply, and you are, in fact, replying.

I'll check back on you when you're ready to calm down and listen. Right now, I'm afraid I'm not much good to you. You need to get some rest and stop reacting, and CALM DOWN.

Puppy

G
G
Quote:

I think you should prepare for exposure of the affair to the OW's husband. Remember that many times an affair thrives on the secrecy, the thrill of not getting caught, the thrill of the unknown... etc. etc....

I have seen many a man come to their senses quickly when their affair is exposed to the light of day......

The longer it goes on the LESS chance you have of saving your own relationship... Get the facts and all of the proof of the affair and then get ready to tell the OW's husband. Do not reveal this plan to your WS....

R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't know how to get hold of him though. Don't know his name or anything. Arghhh. I could call his old work but wouldn't I look crazy then?

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

R
Regrets Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Regrets, as I said above, "When he texts you, don't answer him at all for one day. When you finally do, say "I have some decisions to make; I'll be back in touch soon. (Your first name)".

Puppy

Regrets,

Twice I've suggested the above to you, and yet you're still asking if you should reply, WHAT you should reply, and you are, in fact, replying.

I'll check back on you when you're ready to calm down and listen. Right now, I'm afraid I'm not much good to you. You need to get some rest and stop reacting, and CALM DOWN.

Puppy

:-(

Just because counselling was tomorrow. That's all. Would love to sleep thanks anyway

H 36 2nd marriage
me 32 1st marriage
no kids

K
K
Listen Regrets,

I want you to think long and hard and carefully before you do anything. Some people here are into "outing" the A, some people are not. I sort of ride the fence on it. What good is it going to do you to tell her husband? He could throw her out which will make it easier for the two of them. Another person will be hurting in all of this.

Additionally, calling her or her work will only make you feel better and cause a whole bunch of problems that you really don't want.

Puppy is right as usual. You need to calm down. I understand the time difference and you are up while the rest of us are sleeping so you sit waiting for something. I'm glad you are going to counseling tonight, whether he shows or not.

Unless I somehow missed it, which is possible, HOW did you find out about this? What did he say about it? What does he want to do now? Is she going to D her H and be with yours? This is all very important information.

As far as contact with him, you are so ANGRY and you already know that is not the way to handle anything. Plus you have NO IDEA what you want or really how you feel about this right now. These are things you need to figure out. Not what he wants. You know, he could want to save the M but unless you do as well, it won't work. And you don't know if you want to right now. So you have to take some time and think. Just be still. Breathe. Sleep. Cry, scream, vent but don't try to FIX anything right now. You can't do it in the state you are in anyway.

If you focus on the past, you ruin the future. You can only live for today.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard