Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
S
[quote=lodoToday it got up to 75 and there were women in the park lounging about in bikinis. How was the scenery in TN? ;\)[/quote]

Yesterday morning it was 15 degrees. This morning it was 8.

Needless to say, no bikinis here.

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
B
B
Originally Posted By: lodo

I'm curious too, bridge. What are you reading??!

lodo

EDITED... NOT ALLOWED

Last edited by Virginia; 01/23/09 02:29 AM.
B
B
I guess it's even too much for the mods too handle \:\)

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

L
L
LOL!

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
LOL - gee bridge, looks like whatever you are reading is too steamy!

More confusion today. I'm pretty much over it and have moved on but thought I'd journal a bit.

XW called re: interspousal transfer of house deed. Wanted to do it tonight. Then called back and said tomorrow night. Then sent an email apologizing for getting ahead of herself. Not sure why but just that brief bit of interaction brought all this emotion that I'd thought was long gone gurgling up again.

A) I can't for the life of me believe she's really going through with buying the house. I know how much she makes, I know how much the estimated value of the house has dropped, I know what the mortgage payments and property taxes add up to, and I know how long it's going to take before the house value comes back. If it does, she'll be sitting pretty, but in the meantime I have no idea how she's going to make it. Actually I do - her parents. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to worry about making it on your own? Your parents always swooped in and financed whatever situation you happened to find yourself in? Anyway, not my deal to worry about.

B) Talked to a close friend who has professional dealings with XW. Mentioned before that XW had also been breaking into tears in front of friend. Well, XW broke into tears AGAIN just a couple of days ago. While with new BF. And a few days before that, XW had sent me a song she thought I'd like.

WTF? Friend says XW is really messed up and has no idea what she wants or how to figure it out. Around me, XW is all steely resolve and "I'm so happy now". Confusing. I hate how much it bugs me but it does. I pledged my heart to this woman for a lifetime and now it's like she's a total stranger. We've been separated a year, divorced 3 months and she's already on her second relationship. WTF?!

I don't want to dwell on this because I'm trying hard to move on. Just sometimes find myself shaking my head. And am glad that I recognize that NOBODY wants to be in a relationship with me right now! LOL. And that's fine. Men are dogs - we need to go lick our wounds a bit until they heal and then we're ready to play.

In some ways I think it might be easier for guys because I think it's easier for us to forget. When I'm ready to start dating again, you can guarantee that I won't be crying around friends of XW or sending her songs I think she'd like.

In the meantime, feeling down again. A bit. Trying to ignore it and move on with life. Still. You guys know how I feel. Like a failure.

Rant over. lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
B
B
LOL - gee bridge, looks like whatever you are reading is too steamy!

apparently for some ... but from the women I talk too, the level of steam to be read at that website is 'just right' \:\)

I pledged my heart to this woman for a lifetime and now it's like she's a total stranger.
So to whom did you really pledge your heart??... she's gone, yet the grieving goes on & that is healthy.

And am glad that I recognize that NOBODY wants to be in a relationship with me right now!
you might be surprised... however I don't think a woman who would want to be in a relationship with the 'you' in the present would be a woman you would want to be 'you' with in the future.

You guys know how I feel. Like a failure.

I also know you to be a thinker.

"Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes."
---John Dewey

Hugs & peace & if you REALLY are that curious, I'll send you the link off-site ;\) LOL

Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

L
L
Quote:
now it's like she's a total stranger

I know this so well. I look at my xH and think "Its his voice, his body, his movements, even his smell". But he's a shell now. That 'click' we had is gone, the part that connected us. Its long gone. So I feel the difference and the distance, like you.

Quote:
Around me, XW is all steely resolve and "I'm so happy now".

Same here. xH is the exact way. According to his brothers, he stops by their houses all the time, and looks awful. In front of me, smiles and sarcasm.

Quote:
In the meantime, feeling down again. A bit. Trying to ignore it and move on with life

Don't ignore it. Accept it as a bad day/bad week. It'll get better, you know it always does. Accept it for what it is, you moving on. You can't move on without pain.

Quote:
And am glad that I recognize that NOBODY wants to be in a relationship with me right now!

lol!!! I call myself 'broken' at the moment too. We'll get there, I promise!

Quote:
When I'm ready to start dating again, you can guarantee that I won't be crying around friends of XW or sending her songs I think she'd like

You will be ready for a healthy relationship, that's why. She is running, masking, hiding, regretting, all sorts of things. When you are ready, you'll be healed. You won't regret, you won't be running. You will be ready.

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey lwb,

Thanks. Have picked myself back up and dusted myself off. It is what it is. No use worrying too much about her or what's going on in her head.

House is now hers. The last tie has been cut. I'm a free man. I may miss her, but that woman is historic.

lodo

B
B
It is what it is.

yes indeed \:\)

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
lol - I figured you'd like that

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard