Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
E
OP Offline
E
Mish..I'm working on the recipe..so more interesting stuff..

So this morning as I am attempting to untangle some things with Kim...car insurance..etc..

I called and got the car insurance settled over the phone..and Kim had NFC..as a matter of fact she had told me months ago that the insurance company would require me to switch companies and no longer be with them because I had been grandfathered in on her policy(USAA insurance company for people who have served in the military I believe..she was grandfathered in under her step dad) anyway, it appears after 8 years with them they still want my business so that's untangled..just after that I get a phone call and it's Kim and it goes like this.

K-It's Kim, Are you having me removed from your insurance today? I will need medicine after my knee surgery and will need to use the insurance card. Before my insurance will pick up and start coverage I'll need paperwork from your saying they have dropped me..

M-no, as far as I know you will not be dropped until I get down there personally and do it and it won't be today. By the way, the car insurance has been separated and I have my own policy

K-oh reallllly, how'd you do that?

M-I called them, had them separate out my cars and USAA me a separate policy. Do you think you might have time to call the power company and have them switch the power over to your name today?? I can call and verify with them that it is OK with me. There should be no charge, no disconnect no anything..

we hang up.

10 minutes later my phone rings it's is "the artist formally known as Batchitt crazy"

K-I called. There will be a charge, they have to switch out the power box on the house, do a disconnect. They have to send me a form I have to have notarized and you have to OK it..very dramatic here...

M-Hmmm..I've talked to them 3 times and they have not told me that..Must be something new. I'll call and tell them it's all ok with me ...so I call, talk to the same exact woman Kim does..this woman tells me that she did not say any of that to Kim..she told KIm..I'll send you a form, sign it, have it notarized, send it back, tell your ex to call and the switch will be made ...no charge.. imagine that ;\)

I call her back and tell her..then hang up

then I have a light bulb moment..

Kim is bad broke..not over this, not by me..but by her past..she grew up in this exact same thing..Kim has to be a victim simply because she grew up and was raised by a victim. Her Mom was molested by Kim's granddad..her mom used guilt as a weapon on her kids, on her neighbors, on her ex-husband, on me, in her business and personal ventures..

In Kim's calls all I heard was, "I'm a victim of these people" and drama, then followed by the guilt trip..I heard that because someone else was in the house with Kim and Kim wanted them to think she was a victim..

so..do you see how relevent my thread title is, how relevent the song is..how relevant the words are??

You can't hold your world together now
Everyone sees who you really are
When your castle crumbles at your feet
Don't you run to me
When it's over
And all this pride you hold inside is dying
Where will you hide?
When it's over
And all this pride you hold inside has died
Tell me where will you hide
When it's over
And everything you know is said and done
When it's over, where will you run?

do I get a DING, DING, DING here?? Did I figure this right??

Last edited by M from Tennessee; 11/26/08 05:53 PM.
R
R
You've been talking to her more now after the divorce than before - and its only been a day!
Yep, you are seeing her sad to loose her favorite excuse, I think...

A
A
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:
I will have a beer for you tonight mate

pick something good..and I'm sure it will be something I've never had..you guys like the dark beers right??

not me boss standard beer for me

Arthur #1659358 11/26/08 06:09 PM
A
A
wow, just read that song Mike. Man I swear we married sisters. I know STBX dad worked in germany for a bit, her mum didn't travel there did she ????

will post tomorrow about my conversation earlier in the car same battchitt stuff, but almost amusing

E
OP Offline
E
yes..I get Caleigh tonight..

and Donna..yes, I am talking to her but it is business as far as I am concerned..I'm trying to get stuff undone while she is talking because I know there will be times that she will be pissed about something and not talk about Caleigh at all..

I'm trying to set the tone for co-parenting at least...and I'm nice and calm..and I'm also rubbing the "new Mike" in her face a bit..ya know, if the changes were not real would I still be where I am, doing what I'm doing? being who I am?? no..I don't think so..I would be the "just got divorced, pissed off exhusband"

Let her see not what's been gained, but what is now missing ;\)

damn..I owe you guys here more than you'll ever know..I could frickin cry..

S
S
USAA has their "stuff" together on the D stuff. When I called to do the same they had a department dedicated to these matters. As for the health insurance, are you sure about this? When I contacted my insurance provider (large one) they made the "drop" retroactive to the date of the divorce.

Keep doing what you are doing Mike. I'm sure you'll have "moments" going forward but you are sure off to a steady start!

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
As for the health insurance, are you sure about this? When I contacted my insurance provider (large one) they made the "drop" retroactive to the date of the divorce.

no I'm not for sure..on that..they could make the drop retroactive I assume..is that my problem to fix??..I mean she had to have an idea NOT to schedule a surgery just hours after getting a D..or maybe not..

and USAA was smooth..so smooth and easy..and they took care of me

E
OP Offline
E
Hey Steve to answer your question..she is covered until the 1st..so she is still good I suppose..The knee uinjury is a Workers Comp thing so they will pay for it and my insurance won't take the hit..pain meds won't be covered maybe..not for sure..

M
M
Hey, Mike...

She might be eligible for COBRA coverage on your insurance; but she would have to foot the premium I believe. And that would be a full cost as well.

Did she have this in the settlement? That you would provide health insurance for her? If not, and you can't be help financially responsible, the COBRA might be available to her for 18 months. Kinda like if she quit her job and had health insurance.

I'm not for sure on this; but it could be worth asking about, if you EVEN care!!

Current Thread
S
S
Yes on COBRA, anyone should be eligible, and it normally isn't a standard item they would get in a TN divorce. Doesn't sound like she needs it though.

Who gives a rip though, right? \:\) Your daughter is covered!

Me: 43 XW: 41 Kids: 4 (3D & 1S)
M: 17 yrs S: 9/07 D: 6/08
Pre-Sep
D Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard