Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
G
G
Hey Mikey..

You're a jewel and a star with just enough twang to make it all the more inviting.

Thanks for being here for me, all the folks you care for. It's a beautiful thing to connect and thanks to you it's a gift you've given to others.

Brian is in my prayers as you are just for the heck of it.

*hugs*

S
S
Quote:
after talking with cornfed..I now believe she only threw me a bone because it benefitted her..because of her surgery..so now I feel like maybe I'm a doormat..more for me to think about..

I don't know about that Mike. After your convo with her the other day it may be something completely opposite of what you think.

IMHO sometimes when the battle is coming to an end, you step back and realize that all you have been doing for so long is fighting. Maybe it is time to mend instead.

She didn't have to offer, she could have made other arrangements. I believe what you said to her the other day may have just made her think some. Yes, it benefits her, it also benefits you. You get time with that little angel of yours that she didn't have to give you.

Also, not for nothing and no offense to cornfed, but his current situation lends him to point out the negative rather than look for the possibility of progress.

Quote:
and with that..I can now feel..at work of all places work is not a good place for tears..

A fine man named Patton once said that after every battle he would take time to sit, reflect, and feel. He said that after every battle he would shed tears, tears for the men he lost, tears for the men who fought for the enemy, but mostly tears that it had to come down to a battle with casualties.

Your battle is over, your marriage was a casualty, Caleigh is a casualty, AND......

Everything and everyone will be ok.

I am glad you are feeling it Mike, it shows your integrity, commitment to your marriage vows, and what a genuine man you are.

I am here if you need me.....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
She didn't have to offer, she could have made other arrangements. I believe what you said to her the other day may have just made her think some. Yes, it benefits her, it also benefits you. You get time with that little angel of yours that she didn't have to give you.

you really think that is the case Ian?? Something I said made her think?? I mean..if that is the case then it gives me hope that at some point this won't turn into some big pile of chitt we will be wading through forever..and we actually might be able to co-parent..

R
R
Hey, you were going to bed! ;\)

Maybe it was something similar to what X did with me, giving me Thanksgiving this year when it was his...I don't know why, I don't care, but I am happy that it happened!

'Night...have sweet dreams of the better tomorrow.

E
OP Offline
E
I know..I was..blackberry cake with a big glass of milk called my name..now mikeshairstylist38 is texting me.. ;\)

I can't let a girl down now can I??

duty calls..

M
M
Blackberry cake???? That sounds really good! How do you make that?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

L
L
Quote:
and this is a disclaimer for all you looking for some magic...there was none, there was no last second slow down, there was no reprieve..there were no regrets..

Yup mister. Same here. From Day 1 of mediation, xH never ever wavered. Wow. Weird stuff, ain't it?

Sorry about your day. You fought the fight, you truly did. Also remember, that you could have been hurtful and hateful in many instances but you weren't. Our children are a very good way to humble us and to remember to keep peace whenever possible.

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: mishka422
Blackberry cake???? That sounds really good! How do you make that?

mish..that's my big sister's thing..I do not bake...I cook good enough, so I won't starve..

it's pretty good..I can get the recipe if you want??

E
OP Offline
E
Once again thanks to all who are posting to me with all the nice words, compliments and encouragements..I apprecaite it..

so I pick my dad up yesterday and head to the ballgame..we stop and eat on the way there...I never thought about it yesterday while I was with dad but remembered that he never spoke a negative word while i was with him....very unusual for him..I wonder if that was the the good lord helping me out a little by making dad a little more "funny" and positive?? I'll admit after the drive to the restaurant I was spent, I was drained...we went in and ate....it was funny..the waitress we had hung out around our table a lot..Dad made a big deal about it..commented and laughed about how she was hitting on me. I was nice and cordial but in all honesty she could have rubbed it all over me and I think I would have passed \:o , or maybe passed out \:D ...anyway..ballgame, bro's team loses by 5 in OT. get back home talk on the phone some to a few different people. lots of texting with mikeshairstylist38 and a possible date for Friday night. then peaceful sleep. alarm goes off this morning, I stand up, take a step and with that.....it begins ;\) my life

oh and by the way..anybody who would like to start us back down into the 7th level of hell please feel free to do so.. after all we are past page 3.. ;\)

Last edited by M from Tennessee; 11/26/08 11:19 AM.
G
G
Hey Mike..

What is it with men and their late night snacks? Is this usual?

Good to see you doing what you do... that Mikey thing.

*hugs*

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard