Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Gypsy #1658332 11/25/08 04:19 PM
M
M
((((Mike)))))

I've been thinking of you and praying for peace in your heart and mind for today.

I hope court went ok.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
B
Mike

Just thinking about you again. Checking in on ya...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
BobbiJo #1658403 11/25/08 05:32 PM
D
D
Mike,

Did not know your last thread locked. Hope all went well today and that you are ok.

Tim

Thread #10
E
OP Offline
E
good morning all...or early afternoon if you will.

"go, just go"

that was the start, it popped in my head this morning. I always felt sorry for that Kid and wondered how he could just say that with "no emotion" It all turned out "happily ever after" in that movie...with "you complete me's" and "you had me at hello, you had me at hello" and so it began..

I had a nice text on my cell from "the kosher connection" in West Tennessee...that was nice man..it was calming and yes, it is ok to feel today. I happened to be reading that text when my cell phone went off....the ringtone just happened to be circus music....yes..Kim's ring is "Circus Music"..so the convo went like this...and this is a disclaimer for all you looking for some magic...there was none, there was no last second slow down, there was no reprieve..there were no regrets..so on with the convo....Kim said she wanted to talk with me about Caleigh, tomorrow and Thanksgiving..now, I have Caleigh from 9-3 for Thanksgiving..no more, no less so here we go..Kim asked me If I wanted to pick Caleigh up after daycare tomorrow, keep her over night and bring her back to a different drop off place on Thursday at 6:00pm..Kim is having surgery tomorrow on her knee...so I'm wondering what's up..what's the catch, why this when she has a problem with the ROFR being less than 48 hours..why today?? so I figure..she's throwing me a bone..she's throwing the dog a bone to keep the dog calm for what is coming in 30 minutes...

after talking with cornfed..I now believe she only threw me a bone because it benefitted her..because of her surgery..so now I feel like maybe I'm a doormat..more for me to think about..

I arrive at the courthouse and remove all sharp objects and knives from my person enter the place, get through the metal detector ok and meet my Lawyer to sign the papers..Of course, we are not on todays docket but the judge does say he will hear it..last...so we sit through a long docket sounding for mostly jury trials, then sit through child support cases where lots of guys are in arrears..the regular divorce cases..all taking 10 minutes to hear..finally it's me, my L, her, her L..no eye contact between us at all with the exception of one time when Kim was on the stand..she had to face me, she had to "see" what she was doing one final time IMO...

I don't think it's fair that someone can walk in to a court room, get a divorce from someone and one party not have to be there..anyway..

she answered simple questions..has everything been split fairly, is the child custody/visitation fair..how long where you married..etc..etc..etc...before every answer she gave, she paused for dramatic affect...she answered that all was good, but paused before every answer like it was not really that good..I saw her lips quiver a couple of times..but no tears..and I think no sorrow..

with all that, a drop of the gavel, a "good luck to you both" from the judge..it was done..it took maybe 8 minutes..at most..maybe less

then my L informs me he must be in court 40 miles away..I can get a copy of the papers there if I'll wait or he can mail them..I tell him I'll wait..he asks Kim's attorney if she will get me copies also..she agrees.. I wait another 20 minutes..Kim's L brings me the papoers and attempts to engage me over just a few issues that are left over..Kim on my insurance, Kim owes me a little cash due to the difference in the mortgage amount and child support..I'm still paying the house payment and Kim's refinance won't be done until the 12th..she says..Kim is still paying for all the car insurances..so those need to be split..I found it odd that Kim's L was talking with me about these things especially since Kim and I were now divorced and Kim's L really has no standing at the moment..

a drive back to work..lunch..and a little work left to do then I am out for the day..gas man sometime..then a ballgame with my dad..

to all of you who checked on me, thanks for that.. to all who have prayed..thanks..to all who have picked me up when I was down..thanks..

I really hope one day I can meet some of you.

and with that..it is done..

now say a prayer for Brian/Racefan..do not worry about me..say a prayer for him..

That's the way I'm wired..

"I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

and with that..I can now feel..at work of all places work is not a good place for tears..

and I forgot to add, "I looked damn good, really good" ;\)

E
OP Offline
E
and that may just be my best post ever..

B
B
Well, you know what they say, "It is better to look good than to feel good" (Old Saturday Night Live reference).....

So at least you looked good...

Don't consider it a doormat consider it an extra overnight with Caleigh, who cares why you get it just enjoy it. Heck maybe the surgery will keep kim hobbled for a while and you can have more times like this with Caleigh.

Take care buddy

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
BobbiJo #1658435 11/25/08 06:02 PM
S
S
{{{{{Mike}}}}}

I am proud of you. Knowing what Kim had put you through, I knew there would not be a last minute reprieve. I am just glad that, even though it was to her benefit, she asked you to keep Caleigh and you will get extra time with her.

Even if you had no tears, I am sure I had enough for all of us. As I told Amy this morning, how is it possible to care so much about people you have never met?

I am up for a meet and greet in OBX whenever you are. I spoke with my big brother this morning and got filled in on the situation there. Lots of prayers flowing for him and his right now. Also glad that the transplanted Jersey boy had a good word for you this morning.

Talk to you soon, dude! We all love you dearly for all that you do for everyone. Take care of you.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

BobbiJo #1658438 11/25/08 06:06 PM
S
S
Way to go Mike. Great ending. I might consider the "Circus Music" ring tone myself. Right now it is a recording of my daughter saying "Daddy answer the phone".

K
K
Mike,
i think its time to lock this thread and start a new one.

good luck on this chapter. you've got all of us here to help you write it if you so choose.

and I'd feel like a doormat if it gives me more time with my daughter.

"In a ham and eggs breakfast, the hen is involved, but the pig is committed".
J
J
Mike,

After following you for a while I probably did not truly understand the emotions running through you today. I took it fro granted that Mike is a rock and he will handle this without any problem whatsoever. I tried to relay my take that this is only legal....but symbolically it means more than that....just like a holiday is just another day....we still let our emotions get the better of us. You know what, I apologize for trying to reduce the emotional aspect in your sitch and Kerry's. I reread your thread and I now realize that today was a tough day....BUT it looks like you have passed with flying colours. The first day of the rest of your life.....

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard