Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
ok, so had a few beers with oldest mate tonight. it's 11.30 uk time so notthat late and a little merry.

so, tonights interactions with STBX. She picked me up from work at 3.45 as usual as I've not got new car yet (hopefully tomorrow or Friday) and is off as soon as I get in. Have you seen sols yet. yes, a new one, I'll be drawing up a new mediation agreement and send it to him to read, ask if he thinks you should see first to talk to your sols so mediation isn't a waste of time with your ridiculous demands. STBX - I spoke to sols before other mediation, but you know now you wont get £20k now. me - Yes, Stbx - I'm keeping the house you know that. Me - Yes, sort of, if we can find somewhere similar that is no less than 3 beds, no further fromwhere it is or S6 school and for £40k less, no you will keep it. So she is basically looking for an argument. Next was when you getting car ? have you not chased them. Me - Well, no, it's due any day but I'll not be chasing a good friend re a car when there have bad cancer, you might, but I won't. Stbx - goes quiet on the last comment....So will you have car by Sat as I need it. Me - Hopefully, if not, don't worry you can pick me and boys up at 10.30 for school fete instead of meeting us there. Stbx - So, your not having the boys til 10.30 ?. Me - well, yes, but if no car, I'll just have to get them and they can walk 10 mins then you can pick us up for fete if you that bothered. stbx - So don't you want this all done ASAP. Me - Well yes, but nothing we can do, new sols thinks it will tke time whatever and what is like a month or 2 ? we are where were at and nothing can really change the speed of things. I'd rather have it all straight before next mediation and you to discuss with yours first so we don't waste another session with you ridiculous demands of 75% of house value on whenever we sort. i can't beleive your sols told you that you'd get that as mine says no way. stbx - No, but she said i'd get more than 50% and 75% is more than that. I laughed, yeah, just slightly more then, but it will be nearer 50% than 75%, but i'll talk about it as per my sols intruction.

So we get more or les to her house (my home) and i'm like, look, what more do you want. you are getting everything, the house, kids, me out of your life so why you still want o be nasty, angry to me, there is no need. Stbx - nothing. then as she gets out, so when you having boys over night, so I shut the door, laughing saying, no, no, were not going there again, pointless conversation I'll see you later.

At some point I also suggest that 1 Sunday, would she like us to do the xmas shopping together and she is like, well, how's that going to happen, we should just say what were getting them and go 50/50. I'm like, we can but think it would be nicer and easier if we just spent 2 hours together, went and got it all or something, i'll sort out boys, if not we can do as you suggest. She was ok with that and I just feel it would be in the boys interest and ensures what we get them is equal from both of us. So I need to sort that.

I'm not sure I've given that exactly as it happened (goldfish brain that I am), but it was very much pain from her as I saw it where as I was trying to keep it business. not sure she liked that and she certainly doesn't like the way I am as if. Thing is, it's no longer faked, makes it easier and i'm sure she is in more pain personally than I am. Not gloating but it does make you feel better. She will never show remorse or anything as to stubborn but when you know someone that well you just know.

Nice evening all in all, boys, that brief time with stbx not getting to me and then few beers with best oldest mate.

Time for bed now.

Happy thanks giving to you all for tomorrow

A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Been uneventful as it usually is Weds night to Saturday as I generally do not see or hear from STBX or the kids. Went out for dinner last night with a few friends, was really nice and I'm still stuffed this morning. The pub we ate in was also close to a really good friend of mine who had a car for me (from her brother) which was handy so I collected that after dinner. It's only an old thing but suits me for now until I'm sorted a bit better. Even better and what has put my sitch into perspective the last month or so, she got the all clear from Breat Cancer yesterday.....woooohoooo. This is the nicest, most kind hearted woman you could wish to me and it brought a tear to my eyes. Her H is also a good friend and I could see the pain he was in had left his face. I cannot explian my happiness for them and their 2 kids that are great friends with my children.

Add to that the bank have finally agreed that due to their mistake they are waiving half the OD on the joint account for removing my W without my permission and leaving me the debt. A great day for me...... Roll on the weekend.

Haircut today, then couple of beers after work, but I may not go as feeling tired. Expect I'll perk up tho and will still have an early night. tomorrow the boys all day, school fete and then friends from above probably coming over. Party in the evening and then few other people to meet in town a bit later. No plans for Sunday but MUST go for a run. not done any exercise for a while and the body needs it.

I'm also cutting down the ciggies ready to quit.

E
E
Quote:
I'm also cutting down the ciggies ready to quit.

good on you..

L
L
Arthur--Catching up today. Hopefully, the new solicitor will right the ship for you. From your description it looks like you kept your cool with W during the exchange. I feel your pain in missing your boys, I really do. I can't imagine what Christmas will be like.

M42
S12/D9
T17/M12
Bomb 1 3/22/06
Bomb 2 7/11/08
Bomb 3 7/31/08
W Filed 8/1/08
D granted 12/17/08
D Finalized 1/29/09

A man who compromises his principles never had them in the first place.
#1663776 12/02/08 11:34 PM
A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
been away for a few days (from site) had a bit of man flu and will hopefully catch up. Always hard as people get so many respnses. lol.

So me, great night out Sat night. Chatted to a lady, well 2, first I ran a mile quickly as proper batchitt...mad the STBX seem normal...lol. But mumoftwo35 is quite nice. She popped in for a cuppa today as early finish and we've had a lot of texting. She even brought round somemedicine for me. She is also recently seperated so not sure when we will get to meet up much but doing lunch tomorrow as think I need one more days recovery. Not expecting anything but another lady friend is always nice...

Nothing else much happening, will fill in more soon and post again when back at work as is where I usually do.

R
R
I have to say I love reading your posts - you write in your accent! I can "hear" you \:\)

E
E
Originally Posted By: Donna...Found
I have to say I love reading your posts - you write in your accent! I can "hear" you \:\)

if you can "hear" him can you translate that for me?? ROTFLMAO..

something that sounds a little southern..Hell I'll even take "jersey"

R
R
I love the "cuppa." Hey, gov, we don't have a set time for tea over here, you know. We dumped all of that stuff in Boston Harbor a few hundred years back ;\)

(jk - I only drink tea, not coffee).

I'd like an explanation of Man flu, though....didn't know there was a difference. Reminded me of a woman's "time of the month." lmao

G
GFI Offline
G
Man-flu

I'm heading the same way right now...pass..me...the er , sniff, cough, tissues...!

Best - GFI

Me: 40ish
W: 40ish
Together: 20 ish years
Married: 10ish Years

#1665339 12/04/08 10:12 AM
A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
weeeeeeeee

Back at work today as xmas dinner tonight. Still not 100% but I doesn't like me to a miss a paid for meal and some drinking !!!!

lunch with mumoftwo35 was cancelled yesterday, he D4 decided to get herself a black eye at school so she has to go look after her. Not sure when we will ever get to really meet for a while which, TBH, suits me for now anyway. Nice and slow !!!

Not much else to update, thanks people for stopping by. I'm off to check on GM and make sure she listened to my last post else I will get the hump !!!

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard