Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
C
C
and drink it all up.

Great flippin song going on my playlist now.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
J
OP Offline
J
yes I think choice 3 would work best too Amy...right now he's doing things when he wants to and he knows that I don't like it. Now if I were to actually suggest that he do something it would stop him in his tracks and wonder WTF has gotten into her? A couple of times and it might just have an affect. Great 180.

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
A
A
Even though it's eating you inside, you need to act like it's water off your back with whatever it is he's wanting to do or is going to do. Let him think it doesn't bother you. It is really hard to do, and you may have a bloody lip for awhile, but it will make him think, and it will make you more attractive to him.
(bloody lip and all)

J
OP Offline
J
Hi Amy....I've been trying to let things go a bit more and also to not make crises where there aren't any. (trying mind you)

I guess I'll have to get a bloody lip.

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
L
L
Originally Posted By: JenInVen
Quick question...my class was cancelled tonight. What should I do? I don't want him to bring her home early and then go off and do whatever he wants...Do I just tell him my class was cancelled but I'm doing X?

How about you don't tell him anything? You don't owe him an explanation!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
L
Okay so re-reading, that is not an alternative. But you know what, Hun, you don't owe him an explanation, and if it is his night with D, take advantage and do something for yourself!!!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

A
A
I did some re-reading too. Personally I don't think you have to tell him your class is cancelled. So you don't want to go to the movies by yourself. I can understand that. What about about coffee and a bookstore? Make a mani/pedi appt? go visit a gf? Be home at the time he thinks you're supposed to be home and you have to give no explanations. He doesn't owe you explanations on his time anymore than you owe him. If it's his night to spend w/D, let them spend their time the way they want, you spend yours the way you want. Period. Nobody questions anybody.

L
L
Exactly. You are entitled to spend some time getting to know yourself. Remember, these WAH's are attracted to strong, independent women. Sometimes when we get married, as women we lose that. Find it again! You don't even half to go anywhere, stay home and take a bubble bath. Do something that you would not normally be able to do if you had D. Walk around naked with your hair in a mohawk singing death metal songs!!!

A
A
Now that is my kind of night out! Along with the bottle of wine.

C
C
I promise you ladies he is not analysing his night as much as you women are scheming. \:\) Jen just do what you want to do. You want to do it for you and its good for you. You all are spending energy on the wrong issue.
Guys are dogs. The dog is not listening. So you stop chasing the dog. Dog gets bored. Now you can get the dogs attention. Cat walks by all self-absorbed, dog can't stand it and must chase the cat. Be the cat.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard