Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Jeanette1120 #1540298 07/31/08 03:02 PM
T
T
(((Phil)))

I don't need you to be mean to me Phil. I can go toe to to and the other if it will help you. I'm tougher than I look. LOL. Trust me, I write because I care.

I had a good night and a good morning. I hope all of your day today and your night to night will be great.

BTW - I'm Catholic.

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

The Wifey #1540329 07/31/08 03:18 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Quote:
BTW - I'm Catholic

That isn't really relevant to your and I's position. Do I like you better because your Catholic? Are you sliding on someone?

Are you really Catholic and try and live up to it's teachings? Will you remain Catholic?

You see entirely too many people leave the Catholic faith because they don't understand it. Never knew it, and thought they did.

I have more respect for someone that can stand up and say this is why I am what I am. Walk the walk.

Now they may not be in total truth, but I don't think any less of them. They also may be clouded or confused by something they thought was true but isn't. Sometimes we have to wear the proper lenses.

I can see the beauty in all faiths and all religions. I study them. I absolutely love how the Hindu faith describes the soul. I love how the Buddist faith channels everything into something positive. I love how Jews keep the history going, the culture, the prayers, the laws. No eating owls!

They say marriage takes two, but it really takes three. The Man above all. I AM WHO AM. YAHWEH. YHWH, do not pronounce or be put to death. Elohim.

LostPhil #1540432 07/31/08 04:23 PM
S
S
Quote:
I also do believe that we could have solved these problems without her leaving. It would have also lifted the burden off from things I am going to have problems with in the future.

I understand this Phil, I think we all feel this way. It seems like we all go through the why couldn't they just stay and fight thing. Unfortunately, they were not strong enough to do this. We have to draw strength from within ourselves to find compassion and understanding for our spouses weakness. I bet you we could come up with some scripture to support that theory.

Quote:
How could I ever trust someone again? Why would I want too?

You will be able to trust again Phil. Maybe even your wife. You would want to because we all need someone in our lives that is close to us. Closer than anyone else. This is th evalue we put in our marriages Phil. Our spouse is our friend, our companion, our confidant, our lover, and our advisor. We all need this, and you will have it again, one way or the other.

Quote:
Yes, I miss her. I still feel connected to her. She is me, I am her. I do feel as if we are one. I can of felt that way the first time we met.

The loneliness sucks doesn't it? This statement is what I meant above. When you have that person in yoru life, you kind of mesh into one unit, the us in marriage. By the way, have you read my tag line at the bottom of my posts? I think it suits you.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

LostPhil #1540434 07/31/08 04:24 PM
T
T
You are so right about m taking three. It takes two on bent knee in front of Him. Only He can judge me.

So, is today good so far? I am hoping so.

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

The Wifey #1540459 07/31/08 04:44 PM
J
J
Short and too the point, the message doesn't get lost as easy in the love I have of my own voice or my own high opinion of my words. ; )
It is not a DBing tactic.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
OP Offline
L
Jack,

To me it came across as short in curt to almost demeaning and lacked all linear dimension. Because you would take one little minute thing an want to emphasize it. Then when it was empahsized you provided no feedback.

Well lets see. I think I had another epiphany. I was sitting in a terrace at a local sub shop. Alleys painted in murals.

I have to be right, I just don't have to be such a pr|ck about it. Yes I would rather be right than be happy. Because being right is being happy to me. This is how my brain works. I'm not going to surrender to something that is wrong, immoral, or unjust. I frankly wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Walk the walk, talk the talk.

Perhaps that is something I need to change. Be right, but don't be a pr|ck.

BTW, IAN I HAD A BACON CHEESEBURGER HOAGIE! 4 STRIPS OF BACON!

Now that was rather pr|ckful of me... sorry.

LostPhil #1540520 07/31/08 05:21 PM
J
J
Phil,

To me, if someone brings up a point or advice you will debate and argue it. If however, you think about something and come to your own conclusion it becomes yours.

I apologize for seeming curt and demeaning, it was not my intention. I have no need or desire to rile you, or argue with you.

You are right that was rather prickish of you. : )
Was the apology sincere? Or just a formality?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
OP Offline
L
Actually it was a joke, about the bacon. He loves bacon. If he wasn't Jewish he could have all the bacon he wanted. If he loves bacon so much he may consider not being Jewish. Now I still think Ian and other Jews slip themselves a slice of bacon every once in ahwhile. Does this mean they have to goto the alter and sacrafice two doves? Consider this though. He might not like fish, and fish is usually eaten every friday during lent. So is it no bacon or all the fish you can eat?

The apology was a formality to the joke. There was no pun intended, so there is no need to be sincere. Unless of course he took it the wrong way, then I would be sincere about apologizing after the fact. Since I apologized before the event, I was joking.

Maybe it was the same thing my wife was doing to us the other night. She flipped us off. Like haha, F you two boys watching the kids how does it feel. I'm running off. She was joking, but I didn't take it as a joke.

I'm thinking that Ian wishes he was in the terrace with me eating a bacon cheesburger hoagie. Wish you were there buddy. Now I wouldn't eat it front of him, because I would have some consideration. It was really good bacon though.

LostPhil #1540576 07/31/08 05:43 PM
S
S
Not taken wrong at all. Well, I don't keep kosher so I would love a bacon cheeseburger.

I believe keeping kosher to be old fashioned and outdated. Many of our rules were made up in times when things were not so sanitary. Today Pork is as clean as any other meat.

My mom keeps kosher and I respect that way of life. I keep kosher at her home out of respect for an outdated tradition.

I won't sacrifice any doves

Besides, the day I married a southern baptist I believe I pretty much stepped into the reformed judaism realm. Of course my mom says that is what went wrong, conflicts in beliefs and such.....

Quote:
I have to be right, I just don't have to be such a pr|ck about it.

This is a good starting point. I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with being right. How you treat those with differing opinions is what matters and being polite about it would be a great start Phil. Good epiphany....what was on the mural?

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

sofaraway #1540597 07/31/08 05:53 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Subway style art that was done in a semi good taste. Not rushed, and completed. Grafiti in the proper place in a proper format.

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard