Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
AmyC #1539053 07/30/08 06:28 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Amy, I do believe we made some progress at least this week anyway. I think we needed to make a baby step for it. Today I think it was rough because we agreed on the phone that since she started at four that we would play it by ear.

So I know I have them every time she works. I also agreed to pick them up after Friday at work, and I left it up in the air as to what she was going to do. I don't think she has any plans. I think she also lives her day, day by day. Maybe even hour by hour, which explains the pop in unannounced visits.

I guess my anxiety level just kicks in. Today was she going to get all frazzled at me because I said I would be there before six. When she did that last week. She said it wasn't early enough. Then that hour came for her to drop them off. She called me and said, oh you can go later they want to play. Making the entire conversation worthless the day before.

At least we got through the whole week with something basic. Some of it is assumed, or it least she thought it was assummed.

I also told her that she needs more of a steady schedule at work.

She did text me after lunch and said can I pick up the kids at moms. If I can what time. I replied. yes... Before six. She text. Thanks. I text. Tell the kids I love them. She text: Ok.

End of conversation. I really can't believe how much this non technical woman has embraced texting. I absolutely hate it. Has she embraced it because all her little teeny bobber ice cream co-workers do it?

Now tonight is she going to pull any skullduggery. Most likely not because she works early enough tomorrow.

It's eating me up about the other night. She didn't pick up those kids until 20 till 1. "They know I'm coming to get them." "Shut up, I'll do what I want." "I will be there soon, I'm talking to someone."

Thinking: Someone more important then your kids after midnight?

Someone more imporatant then a husband that loves, adores, and cherishes you willing to walk through hell for you. A husband that is walking through hell.

She was talking to someone? Hmmmm, that is the part that really bothers me. Must had been another man. But I can't pry. I can't ask? I don't bother to know her business. My imagination just goes crazy. Talking to someone. Who.... who... who... hooo. hooo.

Damn owls...

LostPhil #1539112 07/30/08 06:52 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Isaiah 34:15 There the hoot owl shall nest and lay eggs, hatch them out and gather them in her shadow; There shall the kites assemble, none shall be missing its mate.

NONE SHALL BE MISSING ITS MATE!

Then send her home Lord.

LostPhil #1539131 07/30/08 06:59 PM
J
J
I think telling God what do will be dissappointing for you.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

L
OP Offline
L
Jack, sometimes I think you are too literal.

Please, Lord let her find her way home?

Well I do believe I'm getting better. Today is rough, I just had to let out the tears. Now I feel better.

I think I am getting better because my writing is improving. I'm almost fully multitasking at work again.

I'm not forgetting things...

LostPhil #1539142 07/30/08 07:04 PM
A couple of points....

1. it's not your place to tell her what she should work.

2. texting was the easiest form of comms for me with my ex.

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
A
A
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
I think telling God what do will be dissappointing for you.

I'll tell you this much from experience, it will be painful.

Phil, you have to get yourself in line with the Word - your mouth, your actions, your attitudes, EVERYTHING - or you can't stand on the Scriptures for the salvation of your family.

There is no way around that.

Catholic or not.

Like it or not.

LostPhil #1539155 07/30/08 07:07 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: LostPhil
Jack, sometimes I think you are too literal.

Please, Lord let her find her way home?

Lord, change me.

*KS*Chick* #1539170 07/30/08 07:12 PM
L
OP Offline
L
KS... She works at an ice cream shop. I'm pretty sure she could goto the boss and say. I have two kids I want a steady schedule. Let the the little teeny boppers get there hours around me. You see the little teeny boppers say I can't work this day, this day, and this day. Does my wife do that? NO! Then when one of the little teeny boppers calls off. My wife is on call for them.

Texting is the most primitive form of communication rather than using drums, or string cans attached with fishing line. It is in fact in immature form of communication when dealing with important issues.

Would you want to get a text telling you a loved one died.

Yes there are proper moments for texting. Dealing with schedules is not one of them.

This is from a woman who would never use email because she thought it was impersonal.

True texting may help us in some ways. Its easier to not have emotions. Unless you the pig girl who can iterate more information in texts then she can talk.

LostPhil #1539173 07/30/08 07:14 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Quote:
Lord, change me.

I have asked for that also. again and again. Sounds like I'm telling him to change me too...

I am calmer. I do not react like I used too. Ok a little but Rome wasn't built in a day.

LostPhil #1539196 07/30/08 07:24 PM
A
A
Then it has begun.

Rejoice.

Last edited by AmyC; 07/30/08 07:24 PM.
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard